Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Music] What Is Your Gaming Music?

Alex likes to listen to anything ranging from Drum & Bass to Metal, but he would like to know what kind of music you listen to. What goes best with exploring uncharted lands, or slaying creatures and questing? Do you like Metal or do you like Pop? Let Alex know all of your favorite groups/bands!

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal for everything. Folk/Melodic metal for questing, Death/Black metal for raiding and the rare case of PvP.
    Last edited by Grozzle; 2013-07-17 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Forgot black metal
    Butts

15+ Year Old Account
    While gaming, whatever music the game has. I like to get lost in the game's world and the music tends to do that. Even if I don't like the music, I'll just turn it either way down, or off entirely; but I'll never listen to my own music in-game, exceptions to addons that do this (ie: Final Fantasy VII Chocobo theme when riding a hawkstrider).

If only I had a nickel for everytime someone starts a thread about this topic.
    And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

Quote Originally Posted by Bercey View Post
    If only I had a nickel for everytime someone starts a thread about this topic.
    Alex knows that this is a common thread. He just wants to get new/fresh feedback, and not poke a dead body. He likes responses.

Deleted
    More into progressive/djent stuff right now.

Depends, I don't really listen to music when I PvP since I usually play with friends on Skype and we're all talking anyway. In raids I listen to rap, recently a lot of Hopsin, he's pretty awesome. Other than that I don't really play WoW, so that's about it. I listen to rap during DotA 2/SC2 as well though, Lil Wyte and Hopsin are usually my two go to's for rap recently.

rock/metal - perfect for fucking someone up!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone View Post
    Alex knows that this is a common thread. He just wants to get new/fresh feedback, and not poke a dead body. He likes responses.
    Why does Alex talk in the third person?

OT: Grime, dubstep/dnb mostly
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    currently on my gaming playlist is AC/DC. billy joel, OK Go & tenacious D
    Hi

Ingame sound, it serves a purpose after all.

<---

And some variations like electronic, trance etc..

Deleted
    Depends on what I play, when questing and farming I usually listen to Taylor Swift or a Swedish band called Gyllene Tider, When raiding I usually listen to some trance and when PVP/Dota2 I listen to hard rock/metal.

Metal for just about everything. I also love listening to stuff like Two Steps From Hell while gaming.

Really depends. If I'm feeling constructive, or like adventuring, then it'll be anything from trance to the likes of Blind Guardian. If I'm playing an FPS or fast paced action game, then normally rock or metal.

For the most part though, I just stick with the in-game soundtracks/music, unless they're just outright bad, or I feel they needed a little more going on.

Deleted
    rock for basicly everything

Deleted

Deleted
    Harsh EBM and sometimes metal. Something to keep the blood flowing.

For me, it depends on the setting of the game.
    Anything Dungeons and Dragons (on a computer)? Nightwish. I'm not normally much of a fan, but... Yeah; there you go.
    Tabletop roleplaying? Atmospherical. This means folk music in bars and pubs, renaissance in medieval courts, dripping noises in sewers, insects and birds in jungles... Etcetera.
    Depending on severity of the encounter, I'll go for music. Graveyards can call for slow, steady ghostly noises. Mad scientist experimentation usually gets industrial music. Etcetera. Just pick up whatever fits.
    WoW? I usually didn't have any music on.
    Anything else? I prefer the in-game music in single-player games.