Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tier 16 Monk Set, Moderator Recruitment, Blue Posts, 25 DK Mogu'shan Vaults

D3 Console FAQ, Blue Posts, Visually, What is Your Favorite Weapon?

Stranglethorn Vale Gameboard Audio & Art, Blue Posts

Patch 5.4 - Tier 16 Monk Set
    Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final set will be different!

Patch 5.4 - Expansion05 File
    A recent PTR build had a texture slip in that is in an Expansion05 folder, World\EXPANSION05\DOODADS\IRONHORDE\NEX_ENVMAP01T.BLP. Currently this texture is only used to provide some sheen on metal in the Siege of Orgrimmar Raid, so it could just be a simple typo.

Below you can see green in place of where the texture goes on the banner next to the banner and the new texture.

MMO-Champion Forums Moderator Recruitment
    Good news everyone! We're recruiting moderators for the forums again! The amount of users and posts keeps increasing and we reached the point where we need some help before the trolls take over and play Whack-a-Mod in the Darkmoon Faire. I know it sounds fun, but I'm going to assume we don't want that.

Please be sure to read the entire post before applying!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Proving Grounds
    Why why why would this only be for level 90 players? It would make much more sense to have it scale to lower levels.
    We're going to see how the Proving Grounds go. Adding lower level versions are always a possibility for the future.

Are there rewards beyond achievements and bragging rights for getting either gold rank or going so long in endless mode?
    There will be titles too. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.4 PvE Trinkets in PvP
    Remember that this is only on the PTR at the moment and that's always been a melting pot of experiments and us trialling things for the live game. Just because you have seen this trinket on the PTR with those particular effects doesn't mean it will make it to the live game in its current form.

We're aware that those particular trinkets are really strong for PvP in their current state. Our goal hasn't changed, we want ensure that PvP gear will stay as the optimal choice for PvP and as such we're working on bringing these trinkets into line. Thank you everyone for telling us what you think about them and we hope to continue seeing your feedback on the changes shown on the PTR. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Patch 5.4 Fire Mage Changes Clarification
    We'll be reverting both of these changes in the next PTR build.

Here’s a little more insight into our thinking here (and why the changes even popped up on the PTR in the first place):

We have a few concerns with how Fire is playing out at the moment. Fire scales incredibly well with gear, and we’re worried that they’ll end up doing way too much damage in high end gear. However, we’re trying to avoid just nerfing Fire’s scaling, as that would unfairly hurt any Fire mage who ISN’T in high-end gear.

We’re also worried that Fire is leaning too heavily on perfect cooldown usage. It’s awesome when a highly-skilled player is able to use all of their abilities to the fullest and be rewarded with a little extra damage. It’s significantly less awesome when failing to do so results in a massive loss of DPS. At the moment, Fire is extremely dependent on lining up all of your cooldowns (most notably Alter Time and Presence of Mind) to score massive Combustion damage. If you pull it off, you’re rewarded with a lot of damage. Mess it up, and your performance suffers dramatically. We’d like to tone down the differences between those high and low ends a bit.

We also think that Presence of Mind in particular is just too important to Fire right now. There’s really no choice in that tier – PoM is just too good compared to the other options. We want talents to be a choice.

Those are the issues we’d like to fix, and why the earlier changes hit the PTR to begin with. We may try other methods, or we may decide to just leave things alone for 5.4, but we do want to fix them.

We may try other methods, or we may decide to just leave things alone for 5.4, but we do want to fix them.
    To expand on this statement a bit since it seems to be causing some confusion: We may or may not fix the scaling weirdness or the over-reliance on lining up cooldowns in 5.4. That doesn't mean we're just going to let Fire Mages scale into infinity. There will be changes made to keep things under control. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Selfless Healer Changes Clarification
    For clarity: Retribution and Protection-specced Paladins will continue to generate one charge of Holy Power when casting Judgement, regardless of talent choice. Selfless Healer does not alter that.

Holy-specced Paladins who spec into Selfless Healer will now generate one charge of Holy Power from Judgement. It will not generate that charge if they choose a different talent.

Hope that clears things up. As per usual, anything on the PTR is subject to change. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World
    Is VR going to be permanent for servers or is it a revolving door? Meaning will servers be added and removed from time to time
    As Neth mentioned, we're trying to get a blog up explaining the feature. The intent is they are fairly permanent. (Source)

Could you tell us that before it goes live? Would be really super good for recruitment. And will VRs have names?
    Overall the feature will probably start very small and build. It likely won't be a "flip the switch" deal. (Source)

Is there any chance with VR's that LFR and LFD will be limited to the those realms to bring back a sense of community
    We prioritize that already, but queues would be very long if we restricted them, especially on off hours. (Source)

Any chance of adding weather effects into capital cities? I'd love to see some rain in Stormwind or Dalaran.
    I'm actually not sure what the logic is there of having no weather variation. I'll look into it. (Source)

What about Skyshards/Alani ?
    No changes to either. (Source)

PTR
    Have you given any thought to cosmetic rewards on live for PTR testers? Or maybe non-cosmetic rewards?
    It's tricky because you don't want to motivate someone to jump on to PTR just for the reward. Their heart may not be in it. (Source)

25 Death Knight Mogu'shan Vaults
    OpenRaid, #Acherus, and Raegwynsolo pulled off a quick clear of Mogu'shan Vaults this weekend with only Death Knights!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-07-17 at 08:18 AM.

Attack of the Blurry Legion confirmed for 5th Expansion.

*puts on Tinfoil hat*

Come then! I am prepared for your ridiculous 5th expansion theories!

Can't wait for new racial models, that way MMOC's gear preview videos will be worth watching.

I hope that blog post about Virtual Realms will be released soon, pretty curious about the whole thing!

I really dislike that Ugly green version of the Monk tier, here's hoping the white one is for normal.

Love Raegwynns crazy projects!

"Are there rewards beyond achievements and bragging rights for getting either gold rank or going so long in endless mode?
    There will be titles too."

So that would be a no. I'll pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauwagast View Post
    Love Raegwynns crazy projects!
    ^^
    Only that it is done before with 25 warlocks not long ago, what is much, much, much more impressive.
    Like to see that movie on the frontpage instead of this to be honest.

That 25 DK video was horrible. Perhaps we can get a version from someone who has computer that can handle it?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    "Are there rewards beyond achievements and bragging rights for getting either gold rank or going so long in endless mode?
    There will be titles too."

So that would be a no. I'll pass.
    Indeed they should have added mount for silver and transmog gear for gold (that looks cooler than challenge mode gear).

10+ Year Old Account
    to be honest, anything involving DKs is no longer impressive in my opinion, they have been really overpowered for far too long.

And so the horribly designed tier sets continue to roll off production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    And so the horribly designed tier sets continue to roll off production.
    Aye, but I have to say, it looks pretty decent on a panda I guess, but on a human it looks like utter shite.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

15+ Year Old Account
    How the hell are our WW and BM supposed to kick bad guys in a flipping robe? Hopefully it's just the mistweaver set that uses the robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    How the hell are our WW and BM supposed to kick bad guys in a flipping robe? Hopefully it's just the mistweaver set that uses the robe.
    There was a pants version posted yesterday.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...gtwocolors.jpg

Deleted
    I just can't imagine it being burning legion. Wratharion says that "next time" he won't stop at anything in order to prepare azeroth for the legion.

why my guildie raegwyn gets all the love ? . We cleared Toes and HoF with 25 Warlocks months ago. Granted, the Toes video isnt out yet, but havent seen any mention of either of the events outside of the warlock forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty710 View Post
    That 25 DK video was horrible. Perhaps we can get a version from someone who has computer that can handle it?
    Im sorry but I find you quote about my stream quite offensive, my computer is hardly the problem running with an I5, Nvidia 660TI GPX card using a 120MB-10UL for my internet connection.

I took the time and effort to stream this for them so can you not appricate that this was the best I was able to produce then please reframe from commenting on it unless it is constructive. The run was very enjoyable and we all had alot of fun and tbh thats all what should count.

back to the topic. I may have to gear my monk alt abit more, Im really liking the design of this tier set, it's one of the only ones I do like so far.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Indeed they should have added mount for silver and transmog gear for gold (that looks cooler than challenge mode gear).
    Of course they can't but in case you do want that kind of stuff you will soon be able to access it through your friendly, regional Blizzard store.