Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lack of Raid CD for almost an Year

Warrior- 3xtypes of Banner and Rallying cry---------------------------------------2 Raid CDs at 3min CD---------------------------Hybrid
    Death Knights--------------------------------------------------------------- lack of raid utility and raid CDs----------------------Hybrid
    Paladins- Devotion Aura---------------------------------------------------------1 Raid CD at 3min CD-----------------------------Hybrid
    Hunters- MD , Buffs from Pets, Blood Lust from BM pet----------------------Average Raid Utility--------------BLOOD LUST------------PURE DPS
    Shamans-Healing tide totem and BL----------------------------------------------1 Raid CD at 3min----------BLOOD LUST----------Hybrid
    Rogues-Smoke bomb and MD----------------------------------------------------1 Raid CD at 3min--------------------------------PURE DPS
    Druids- Stampede,Tranquility,Symbiosis,Heart of the Wild,Combat rezz,Innervate---Extreme Raid Utility-------------------------------Hybrid
    Warlocks-Portals,Healthstones---------------------------------------------------Portals and Life-saving pills-----------------------PURE DPS
    Mages-BL--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BLOOD LUST----------PURE DPS
    Priests-Mass dispel,Hymn of Hope,------------------------------------------------1 Raid CD at 6min CD----------------------------Hybrid

I want to point out that Hybrids used to have at least 1 (class) spell raid CD where WW and DKs lack of it as Hybrids.
    I dont mention Hunters and mages here because they are PURE dps classes and they have privilege where to have 1 PURE or 1 Hybrid dps

PS: If u think that i am wrong, feel free to correct me.

Moreover we are Hybrid class...
    Last edited by mmoc811738e421; 2013-07-17 at 12:20 PM.

MW: Revival, no other class has a 25 person disease/poison cleanse.
    WW: Cloned cleave, can literally be in 2 places at once
    BM: Ox statue provides some decent mitigation
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Ring of Peace comes in handy in certain situations for AoE silence/disarm, if you're counting Mass Dispel might as well count this too, they're both about equally useful.

Death Knight CDs are pretty worthless, Army of the Dead is just a DPS CD, no idea how you consider that raid utility, and Anti-Magic Zone lasts for like .2 seconds and is more or less completely negligible. And for the most part Mages don't bring much, yes they have Bloodlust, but so do Shamans, so if you have 1 Shaman in your raid you no longer need a Mage for any utility (granted, they do absurd DPS, but this is about utility).

Deleted
    Mages are PURE dps class and they are TOP dps from the release of BC to now... I dont count Barrier from priests and Hymn of Hope from them too, so i dont count revival aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbite View Post
    Mages are PURE dps class and they are TOP dps from the release of BC to now... I dont count Barrier from priests and Hymn of Hope from them too, so i dont count revival aswell.
    so AMZ is a raid cd but Barrier isn't? Hymn of hope is the definition of raid cd.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

I'm actually enjoying the state of Monk cooldowns, specifically Mistweavers.

Having a huge Dispel & Heal on the whole raid is just epic and amazing, and while it doesn't have use on every single encounter, all the time, I prefer that style of cooldown. I'd hate to have something I was just forced to use each fight for the sake of it.

Uh you did count hymn of hope..

Deleted
    I feel that AMZ feels handy in saving a bit of mana from healers in certain boss fights. Barrier is healing SPEC designed CD so i dont count it.. I count only CDs that every spec in a class get it.

How can Barrier, Hymn & Revival not be raid cooldowns. They're major cooldowns that influence the survival / performance of the raid ...

- - - Updated - - -

I feel that AMZ feels handy in saving a bit of mana from healers in certain boss fights. Barrier is healing SPEC designed CD so i dont count it.. I count only CDs that every spec in a class get it.
    Your definition of raid cooldown is lame and stupid. Just because not everyone has it, doesn't mean it isn't a raid cooldown ... Seriously ...

Hunter traps bring loads of raid utility...

Deleted
    Your list isn't entirely correct. You're leaving out a lot of raid CD's, especially monk ones. Revolutions has listed them.

I can only really speak for MW: Revival is one of the best raid CD's you can have in a raid as a healer, healing everyone(yeayea, cap and stuff) for around 300k AND dispelling everything. Beats CD's like healing tide, tranq or divine hymn imho.

Also, zen meditation. Awesome on jin'rokh.

But you do count talents? I don't see the logic behind not adding spec-specific CD's. You added "Bloodlust from BM pet" btw, that's spec-specific, and Innervate, which is near worthless as non-resto.
    Last edited by mmoc8f46f67acf; 2013-07-17 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethon View Post
    ice trap? a 50% slow on enemies only in its proximity and if theres circles/shit on the ground you have to dodge it can make it visually hard to see=you standing in it. might want to play the class before you comment on something you don't fully understand

Quote Originally Posted by Amethon View Post
    Yep... With that logic Ring of Peace and Leg Sweep (which in turn are really powerful in some fights) should be valid raid utility too.

Deleted
    Sorry, but by your logic so far stampede, tranq, symbiosis and heart of the wild dont count either. Since they are extremaly situational and have prerequisites to be even the smallest bit of effective.

No offense but while I might be willing to agree that ww monks are lacking raid cooldown wise probably because of their really good personal cooldown package I can't take your approach there all too serious. I mean among other things but really putting hunters and mages up there because of bloodlust ? Come on these classes really have nothing at all.

Deleted
    Well... there are those people who think BMhunter/mage/shaman only usefulness in the raid is to pop hero.

Like a guildie of mine has a macro for it: /cast heroism /say "My task here is done, see you in 10minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post
    Yep... With that logic Ring of Peace and Leg Sweep (which in turn are really powerful in some fights) should be valid raid utility too.
    I think he meant amongst other things like: hunter traps, misdirect, deterrance cheese, silence shot, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc4cd079af8f; 2013-07-17 at 08:29 AM.

I stopped reading here. Absolutely pointless post. Revival is the single biggest instant raid heal any class has right now.

Brewmasters bring their statue that gives random people absorbs, and pretty huge raid healing in the form of chi wave when they've got vengeance. Also avert harm is extremely helpful in certain situations. Best kiting in the game.. Tortos bats anyone?

Mistweavers bring revival and probably the best spread burst healing of anyone outside tranq/divine hymn due to Thunder Focus Tea/Uplift.

Windwalker, best cleave class in game due to being able to clone yourself? On multi target fights (Horridon, Council, Tortos, Animus (P1), IQ Heroic P3, Twin Consorts Dusk phase, Ra-den); that's over half the current raid tier.

You forgot Divine Hymn and Barrier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Windwalker, best cleave class in game due to being able to clone yourself? On multi target fights (Horridon, Council, Tortos, Animus (P1), IQ Heroic P3, Twin Consorts Dusk phase, Ra-den); that's over half the current raid tier.
    Horridon ? RLY ? when all dps are asigned to SHUT DOWN the adds 1 by one. DO u kno wthat when monk splits up to 2-3 clones his single dmg goes down ?
    COuncil,yes,unless u are on HC fight,Tortos... LoL and Where should i use my OP cleave ability ? on Turtles, what dmg would they receive when my illusions are in the air when they get hit by the turtles ? Animus ? rly ? with only 40k HP on Illu and litteraly dead in 1 sec. IQ HC ? WOOOOW when at P3 u have to shut down the last doh and then to focus dps the Lighning one... Twin consorts ? again...REALLY ? when u have to SHUT DOWN again the Lu'Lin

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I would argue WW is rather lacking, I believe monks as a whole as in a pretty good spot right now.

While you don't have many raid cooldowns as such, outside of revival etc, monks bring a great amount of utility. Their AoE stun is the best in the game, Ring of Peace is fantastic, they are completely broken as far as tanks go, and Mistweavers are an amazing healer right now. Their niche role as a melee healer also allows them to get away with some interesting tactics, such as just tunneling heals on P3 Lei Shen.

I agree that WW at least could benefit from a raid cooldown, but straight out complaining about your class won't help anyone...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LasersLB View Post
    Uh you did count hymn of hope..
    go search in some forums or read the tooltip,that Hymn of Hope DOES bring u back some mana for your Healers
    PS: and then u merge it with Shadowfiend, innervate, Divine Plea, Lighning bolt, Mana tea, it provides u with bigger mana pool +15% and these abilities return much more mana than used to to
    Last edited by mmoc811738e421; 2013-07-17 at 09:27 AM.