1. #1
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9

    Question A suggestion to Blizzard for people levelling CRZ on PvP Servers

    Hello Ladies and Gents,

    First of all let me apologise if something like this has been posted previously on the forum. After coming to the end of nearly levelling all my chars to 90 on EU-Sylvanas. Once upon a time when I was levelling an alt, I only had the pure joy of getting closer and closer to Outland however with CRZ I can imagine the frustration for both the Horde and Alliance characters being ganked at low level.

    I love PVP, however, can we really call being killed by 90's, roughly 30 levels higher than our chars, fair? I just want to voice the concerns for both sides. If blizzard were to implement tougher guards in the strongholds it would prevent quest givers being killed and prevent the extreme boredness occuring from having to wait for a respawn.

    I would also like to see pvp tags based on levels. So for instance if I was below 70 in Outland, my tag would be off for any characters 9 levels higher than me. e.g 70 - 79. This is of course just an idea.

    I hope many people do not grab the wrong end of the stick and say "go to a pve server" because saying that makes it completely irrelevant of what is being mentioned here. Many people asked for CRZ and I totally support the idea, however, it just makes levelling extremely slow in Hellfire Peninsula as well as Blasted Lands.

    Let me know what you think.

    Thanks, Ciprinol

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,124
    PvP servers are...PvP servers. That's the risk you take.



  3. #3
    You're never going to get an answer better than the one Darsithis just gave you. GC has said the same thing as did other Devs. The best thing they could do is give someone "resurrection sickness" when they gank too many lowbies in a short period of time outside of a main city; and even that would be met with extreme whining because someone, somewhere would figure out how to screw up a city raid despite that limitation.

    As it stands, you just have to move to a PVE server or dungeon your way up.
    Currently trying to experiences all classes at 100. Count so far: 3.

  4. #4
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciprinol View Post
    If blizzard were to implement tougher guards in the strongholds it would prevent quest givers being killed and prevent the extreme boredness occuring from having to wait for a respawn.
    But then you wouldn't be able to raid them at lower levels. It would also cause problems for higher levels doing PvP events in the area (and before you say that higher levels can go pvp in another area, you could just as easily switch to another server or dungeon level).

    There is a guild on my realm called Ruinous that does massive wPvP in random areas. It's fun going to a town in Hellfire just to defend it from the invasion, however if these guards were there, they wouldn't even bother going there due to the massive disadvantage they'd be at.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciprinol View Post
    I would also like to see pvp tags based on levels. So for instance if I was below 70 in Outland, my tag would be off for any characters 9 levels higher than me. e.g 70 - 79. This is of course just an idea.
    As Darsithis said, it's a PvP server. I like being able to attack and be attacked by anyone of the opposing faction.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    i leveled my monk 1-90 on a pvp server, only got attacked a few times, currently leveling a hunter on a pvp server, level 64 so far, only place i got camped by a 90 was blasted lands, had a few people fly past, 1 hit me and fly off, but thats it so far.
    dragonmaw - EU

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Sorry, but i'm with Darsithis on these..., I also think that in the PVP servers the elite guards that come from nowhere when a town is being attacked should be eliminated... (yeah those lvl 90 elite guards) cause that makes it impossible for low lvl people to attack an enemy town...

  7. #7
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,668
    On my server's CRZ, people do things like sit on the spot where people come through the Blasted Lands portal doing monk spin on their 90s in order to insta-gank lowbies that come through, and Thrallmar is under siege pretty much 24/7.

    I don't like it any more than you do, but pretty much your only option is to put up with being ganked every few mob kills by a 90, or do dungeon runs or PvP battlegrounds until you're 62. Once you're in Zangarmarsh you can generally quest more peacefully and the ganking is much less severe.

  8. #8
    I would absolutely hate level based restrictions. I enjoy the always-watch-your-back nature of pvp servers as they are now, where you can kill anyone at any time, and vice versa. I'm not even that big on ganking, but it's still part of the game.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  9. #9
    The worst part about higher levels coming to gank you now is that there's nothing you can do, where as in classic a level 52 could down a level 60 if he played right as the ilvl difference wasn't so absurd. Now a level 90 can just look at a lower level character and kill it.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Sorry, but i'm with Darsithis on these..., I also think that in the PVP servers the elite guards that come from nowhere when a town is being attacked should be eliminated... (yeah those lvl 90 elite guards) cause that makes it impossible for low lvl people to attack an enemy town...
    i dont mind the high level guards, what annoy me are the guards that spam knock back. like the booty bay one, as soon as i engage combat with them, they just spam "shoot" which knocks you back, so you cant even kill them and they just shoot you out into the see.
    well at least thats what happened in Cata, not tried in mop.
    dragonmaw - EU

  11. #11
    as the mod said it - if its red its DEAD no matter wich level... dont like it? dont roll a pvp server...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i leveled my monk 1-90 on a pvp server, only got attacked a few times, currently leveling a hunter on a pvp server, level 64 so far, only place i got camped by a 90 was blasted lands, had a few people fly past, 1 hit me and fly off, but thats it so far.
    You've had a pretty good run. My experience with maybe a dozen alts has been the same as Rivelle's. You don't have to look far to see how that environment happens:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    as the mod said it - if its red its DEAD no matter wich level... dont like it? dont roll a pvp server...
    It was pretty common for me to get camped until release then insta-killed at flight paths.
    Currently trying to experiences all classes at 100. Count so far: 3.

  13. #13
    They should phase out players of similar levels.

    It will not only keep the "world pvp" active but it would also make the experience more enjoyable for people who wish to play on a pvp server.

    A level 90 vs a level 35 is not pvp.

  14. #14
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,408
    The risk .. the adrenaline .. the blood lust .. the fear ... of lvling on a pvp server from 1 to 90 ....

    Cant find that anywhere else ingame.

    Yours Sincerely:

    A pvp-server's player.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    The risk .. the adrenaline .. the blood lust .. the fear ... of lvling on a pvp server from 1 to 90 ....

    Cant find that anywhere else ingame.

    Yours Sincerely:

    A pvp-server's player.
    I used to feel this way back in the day when you had a chance of surviving or getting away but now with you not even being able to survive 1 tick of 1 DoT there is no challenge anymore. The only thing that is being allowed is annoyance and frustration. Personally I will not even try and fight back and give them the satisfaction.

    Have I given up? Absolutely. There's no reason to try because there is nothing to gain and the conclusion ends in your death. So I ask you what is the point?

    Now meeting people your level and having to deal with will they attack me or will I strike them first is exciting but the lvl 90's in raid gear ganking lowbies is not.

    Occasionally I will get that concerted ganker who's only goal in life is to make other people's lives miserable because they get beat up at school and usually they are pretty easy to spot. In which case I usually alt-tab and browse to see how much of their time I can waste. I am in no rush to level so it doesn't bother me that much. One exceptional case was I had someone hovering over my body for nearly 2 hours before giving up. IMO I did my side a service by keeping this pathetic scum of a human being busy and not ganking some other innocent helpless leveler.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    A level 90 vs a level 35 is not pvp.
    Yes, it is - its called "PLAYER versus PLAYER" and not "DONT KILL ME PLS!"

  17. #17
    The Patient Kowloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Walled City
    Posts
    322
    If it's red, it's dead. It doesn't matter if it's level 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc... I will go out of my way to gank all Alliance.

    If you're upset about getting ganked on your low level character then park your main toon near where you are questing so if a confrontation arises you can simply log off your alt, get on your main, and kick the crap outta whoever killed your low level alt.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

  18. #18
    I think tags being off for people that are 5+ levels above your in all cases should be implemented into the game. So, for someone level 40, they would not be killable by someone 46+, and they would not be able to kill anyone below level 35. The only restriction would be if the person is in a contested area like a major city of the opposing faction. In that case, they would be killable at any level. A lvl 90 with such bloated stats should not be able to kill a lowbie. That's just retarded design.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •