Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,676
    Sounds like a lot of fun, but it would require way too much work. I'm not sure it would really be feasible any time soon. Nice ideas though.

  2. #22
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Huntington, Indiana
    Posts
    56
    Blizz could allow guild housing but restrict it to only be allowed in area's of major citys. have and area set aside for it, kind of like the goblin slums in org. they could have a guild housing district, then only put the guild bank access in the guild housing as well as repair npcs, innkeepers, and other vendors and only these vendors would sell items to the guild members cheaper (like the guild perk bartering). and the rest of the npcs in the city would not and would work as they currently do for people that are not in guilds. That way people would still be in town. would have to use a normal bank but would have to go to their respective guild housing for guild bank and any other related guild perks and if they want cheaper repairs. Blizz could then use the guild housing and gold sinks and sell things like portals. more guild vault access, allow players to rent rooms off the guild (thus allowing a round about way for player housing). and i am sure peeps could come with lots of other ways as well.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    there is no privat instance in the suggestion i posted, just a phase, how many people can go there, is not my judgement, besides, you can pick in which you can go. So you could see every singel one of them, if you chose to.
    I was just quoting someone that asked me what the difference was between a private instance and in the middle of a populated city.

    As for choosing to which phase you want to go, how many people would take the effort to check out the guild housing in a small town?
    Let alone, how many people would know that feature is even there? Most players are people who don't read forums, patch notes or even bother to look things up.
    So unless there's an option in a major city to teleport to a guild house/town I doubt that there would be enough interest.
    Which makes it basically a private instance.

    I have to say, this is probably one of the best ideas I've seen for player/guild housing, I just doubt there is a way to make it interesting for a lot of people without having it a negative impact on the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    And as I said (and you apparently glossed over), if people want to go outside and see others, they will. If nobody does, then maybe the demand for this wasn't as large as Blizzard believes.
    I didn't glossed over it, I said that there was no difference, thus making it a waste of development time.
    If it doesn't take that long they might as well just develop it.

    But seeing as updating Silvermoon, Eversong Woods and Ghostlands takes the same amount of time as designing one raid. How long would it take them to develop this new feature? The same amount of time? Twice the amount? Three times as long? Seeing as it will most likely require new technology it could take a very long time and how many players would like guild/player housing? I very much doubt it's worth the effort.

  4. #24
    The Patient Baskrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ruhrarea
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic Fail View Post
    I was just quoting someone that asked me what the difference was between a private instance and in the middle of a populated city.

    As for choosing to which phase you want to go, how many people would take the effort to check out the guild housing in a small town?
    Let alone, how many people would know that feature is even there? Most players are people who don't read forums, patch notes or even bother to look things up.
    So unless there's an option in a major city to teleport to a guild house/town I doubt that there would be enough interest.
    Which makes it basically a private instance.

    I have to say, this is probably one of the best ideas I've seen for player/guild housing, I just doubt there is a way to make it interesting for a lot of people without having it a negative impact on the game.
    I understand your concern, and I really don't want to make it a privat thing, thats why I would prefer taking over an npc town in the world. I also agree, that some players might be unaware of this feature, yet, it could be possible with a big ! at the minimap, or a letter when they enter / leave the first area (as orc or troll for example Sen'Jin.
    You have to put a carrot on it, and maybe its a feature mostly for guilds, but it could be a nice feature. Maybe a random guild phase would help? It could help to use a city only one time. first come first share. Would solve that problem, so there would not be a phase. Bad luck if your city is chosen, but, I guess a worthy sacrifice.

    Concerning the time to develop this thing, I would like it to take some time, I see that it appears to be some days. That is not the case. I want the first phase to take about 1-3 months. phase 2 would be even longer, maybe 6 months, 4 with all peons and upgrade bonus, to unlock those would take 1 month, making it still 5 months. phase 3 would take another 6 months. And that is not to be the last phase. But my imagination stopped there, so I could not come up with new ideas for a new phase.
    You see, since it is a long term project, a guild effort, it would be a kind of bonding process? maybe not.
    Yet, it most definetly would be possible for blizz, since it is gated, to release phase 1. there is no need to actually release p2 and p3 at the same time. they could flesh it out, i would be happy to have p1 at first. if it takes some month of waiting to work on p2, I would be ok with it.

    Antoher idea for bringing players to a certain place would be a small event. Arena fights? In the comics there where traveling gladiotors, this could be something, horse/wolve races? As said, small events, achievements, quests, maybe some transmog items, fun items, carrots on sticks.

    And I hope my answer did not sound rude, it wasnt intended that way, I appriciate your critisism.

  5. #25
    Yeah, sorry but Blizzard pulling large design moves like this has become so rare i wouldnt expect it at all. Specially since ghostcrawler was put in charge, very left wing non risk taker design lead.

    Id love it tho, its exactly what wow needs - something fresh and cool.

  6. #26
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,082
    While I do agree with those features however, I feel that it might ruin some certain areas where leveling take place I mean any new guy would come to level using this guild hall method whether he is in the guild or not since he can choose an instance and as others mentioned it wouldn't take people out of the world and cost more development time. Besides that I highly doubt blizzard would give players a way or tool to mess around with zones. But great idea, post your idea on the official wow forums and hope that you do not get trolled with people's answers over there and wish for blizz to read it worth a shot.

  7. #27
    As I have said many times already, this is not the Sims. We don't need guild housing or any kind of housing. What are you going to do, actually spend time in a game, sitting in your house? Do you know how pathetic that sounds.

    *shakes head in disbelief*

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    As I have said many times already, this is not the Sims. We don't need guild housing or any kind of housing. What are you going to do, actually spend time in a game, sitting in your house? Do you know how pathetic that sounds.

    *shakes head in disbelief*
    Yeah so lets not add anything to the game. Lets not take any risks because thats really working for WoW at the moment isnt it.

  9. #29
    The Patient Baskrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ruhrarea
    Posts
    269
    its rather funny, I thought I explained the journey with something to do besides sitting around. should have put all of that in the topic i guess.

    *pat head*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    While I do agree with those features however, I feel that it might ruin some certain areas where leveling take place I mean any new guy would come to level using this guild hall method whether he is in the guild or not since he can choose an instance and as others mentioned it wouldn't take people out of the world and cost more development time. Besides that I highly doubt blizzard would give players a way or tool to mess around with zones. But great idea, post your idea on the official wow forums and hope that you do not get trolled with people's answers over there and wish for blizz to read it worth a shot.
    I dont really get your point. It would just change the area around a place, not the whole land. What would the person benefit from, when not in the guild? The features are for the guild members, visitors would just have the normal vendor options.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Yeah, sorry but Blizzard pulling large design moves like this has become so rare i wouldnt expect it at all. Specially since ghostcrawler was put in charge, very left wing non risk taker design lead.
    What the fuck do politics have to do with game design? o.O

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    What the fuck do politics have to do with game design? o.O
    Why alot my little friend!
    Politics and philosophy sociology and art are all interwoven

  12. #32
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,191
    any kind of "housing" seems boring to me, so no thanks. You wanna build a city, get simcity...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Why alot my little friend!
    Politics and philosophy sociology and art are all interwoven
    ('little'?)
    Yes, sure. But that's still a far stretch from just calling something you don't like 'left wing'.
    Anyway, this isn't a political thread, or even forum, so I'll drop it here.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    ('little'?)
    Yes, sure. But that's still a far stretch from just calling something you don't like 'left wing'.
    Anyway, this isn't a political thread, or even forum, so I'll drop it here.
    I dont call it left wing because i dont like it lol, I call it left wing because his design method is very much left wing.

  15. #35
    blizz has been dancing with the idea every expansion and in vanilla but in the end it just makes cities emptier and actually DOES divert development from other ventures.

  16. #36
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,237
    I prefer to have something that doesn't need space in the world, but still can add it anyway.
    Something like:
    - A zeppelin
    - A flying vessel/ship
    - A cave which can be magically sealed or covered so no one sees it.

  17. #37
    Scarab Lord cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    4,667
    Sounds like a great idea - sign me up!
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    blizz has been dancing with the idea every expansion and in vanilla but in the end it just makes cities emptier and actually DOES divert development from other ventures.
    Because standing in cities clicking a LFR button or a BG button or an Arena button then teleporting back when youre done is such a lovely nuanced experience?

    Frankly I would hope Blizzard would be glad to have cities emptier, and players actually not being lazy fucks and experiencing more content in the actual game world. Remember? The game world? The vast thing that used to have stuff to do in it?

    Its no longer an excuse, there is no excuse for not having Guild castles/housing

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Yeah so lets not add anything to the game. Lets not take any risks because thats really working for WoW at the moment isnt it.
    You mean like LFR, flex raiding, pet battles, shared achievements, shared mounts, scenarios, etc. I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, that Blizzard hasn't added anything new and/or risky? I believe you are trying to counter with sarcasm, but in the process it makes it seem as though you feel Blizzard should take risks but it won't work well or else you think they don't take risks and the stagnation isn't working out well. Both statements don't make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    there is no excuse for not having Guild castles/housing
    Other than it not really contributing anything to the world other than a novelty that will be short lived.

    --
    Adding an NPC that can craft things the guild has is a horrible idea. It removes the social interaction, any chance of a tip/payment/trade for the actual crafter, and encourages people to place alts in guilds just to take advantage of those NPCs. Yes, it can be frustrating to need to wait for a certain person to log on and get them to craft something, and I would fully support something like a queue system for guild crafting, but automating it completely should be avoided.

    I fail to see why guild or player housing is needed at all or what it could contribute to the population. Adding more perks for guilds just puts more pressure for people to be part of a level 25 guild and makes it more difficult for new guilds to attract anyone.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

  20. #40
    The Patient Baskrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ruhrarea
    Posts
    269
    If someone wants to post this in the us forum, feel free, I seem not to be able to post there as a european. Or do I miss the trick?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •