Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    First of all, you didn't really bother reading all the posts, before lashing out did you? There's been suggested several potential solutions and I'd call this thread a discussion rather than a QQ fest over Hybrids. People on MMO know that it's not the official forums and as such there's no reason to "QQ to Blizz about it" here.
    Are you related to my wife? She also thinks (wrongly) that she can read my mind. In actuality, you have no idea of how many of the posts I've read in this thread. Please don't presume to think you do, based on the content of my post. I think you either didn't read my post carefully enough, or else are making some assumptions that aren't true. (i.e., the "good posters" who offer solutions aren't the one's I was addressing)

    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Just because you have yet to see a group wipe to this, doesn't mean others haven't either and it doesn't mean there isn't a problem.
    If you re-read my post, you'll see that I'm questioning whether this is really a problem. i.e., how often are people actually wiping, due to too many healers going dps? I personally have yet, to see it. Even so, I'm saying "okay, let's assume this is happening with regularity - then what?" An auto-kick isn't the answer, and "the problem," in that case isn't dual-spec, nor the lack of an auto-kick mechanism; it would be the LFR queueing system, in and of itself, creating both the opportunity and motive for dps hybrids to queue as heals.

    Perhaps you might want to go back and re-read through the thread, because many of the posters are maligning the hybrid players on a moral basis, instead of recognizing that those hybrid players are simply playing the game, as it's designed. One guy even intimated that he'd give players a swift kick in the ass. My response to that type of venom is disdain, disgust, and dismissal. I have zero respect for that tripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Your solution is based on the premise, that ilvl=skill. You should know, that's far from the case. It's so easy to obtain gear these days, but that doesn't make you a better player. So Assuming there's 4 Healers in the queue with an ilvl above 515, making the system cut away 2 healers. Then you enter and you get 4 healers in un-enchanted, un-gemmed and non-reforged gear. Their stat weights are completely wrong, they have no clue what spells to use and they're 12 years old (just to completely the derpness). Would you wanna bet your spot in the group, that those 4 healers can keep you alive?
    And why would you assume that the 4 healers are collectively the Forrest Gumps of raiding? "MAMA SAID THESE WUH MY RAIDING BOOTS - THEY'D TAKE ME ENNYWHEAH!" Really, you're creating a premise, at the far-end extreme of derpness, just to make an argument in support of your position. That's straw-man arguing.

    You're right, in that my off-the-cuff solution suggestion is, indeed, based upon the premise that 515 ilvl . But, just how many 515-geared folks are unenchanted, ungemmed, and not reforged? Because, with the lack of objective data, I have to draw on my own experience, where even being on a backwater server, with a very small talent pool, I don't see 515-geared folks walking around without gems, enchants, and being reforged.

    Regardless, and to your point, I could just as easily make the argument that all six of the ilvl 480 (490?) healer-specced healers can come into the LFR, and all be the picture of derp that you painted. You aren't providing evidence that a system like the one I proposed wouldn't be better than the queueing system we have now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    About the lack of communication; that has already been mentioned several times. Yet again, it would seem like you didn't bother reading before posting......
    I addressed this point, above, but would like to reiterate that I respect you coming to their defense, as a protective mama bear, despite getting your fur ruffled unnecessarily. If I offered some honey jars, or marmalade sandwiches, as recompense, could we just bear hug it out?

    P.S. Love your sig artwork.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    What happens when I que LFR as a Healer, but respec DPS. I top the DPS, and I top the healing with a Healing Rain every 20 seconds . Should I be kicked then? :<
    Well, you're a shaman. Beyond just being kicked, you should be put in the stocks, pelted with rotten vegetables, and then tarred and feathered. Then made to watch every episode ever of Oprah, back-to-back.

    Maybe then you'll learn your role.

    In all seriousness, the LFR queueing system is the issue. It's needlessly slow, because there isn't a built-in "skill-check" mechanism, which could speed the process up, thus negating the motivation for people to (ab)use it.

    Infracted; (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-23 at 06:31 AM.

  2. #242
    So let's set it straight. People would rather have 4-5 extra healers that won't make difference (considering you only take about 60k-70k raid dps or less on some encounters) than 4-5 extra dps that could potentially do 100k+ dps? I'm sorry but just because you signed as healer shouldn't force you to heal lowe damage encounters. Required 6 healers is far too many (and would be too many in heroic/norm as well) for some encounters.

    That reminds me of disc priest complaining about other healers not doing hps, when all he was atonoment snipe healing everything. What a joke. I'm sure I could prevent people dying from insta death beam by speccing resto and doing 80-90% overhealing while spamming lightning bolt on the boss.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I'm still waiting for the day I see all 6 healers go DPS and no one heals.
    I have seen that, it didnt end well.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I agree with kicking Healers who do this, because it is a huge pain in the ass (as a Healer) to think you've got 4 other healers helping you out, but it turns out 1 of them is AFK, the other just sucks so bad, another has gone DPS and the final one died in about 4 seconds into the fight.
    or you could have 6 healers with 4 of them alt tabbing and hitting tranq off cd. Thats how I heal LFR on my druid because peoples hp don't go below 90% on most fights. Now if blizz wants to make every fight like Meagara LFR week 1-2 where 50k+ hps was required out of all 6 healers Then you can complain and this needs to be adressed. But as long as LFR is tard mode and has a 70-100k hps out of 6 healers when 1 normal mode geared raider can heal that. then it really isn't a issue.

  5. #245
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Are you related to my wife? She also thinks (wrongly) that she can read my mind. In actuality, you have no idea of how many of the posts I've read in this thread. Please don't presume to think you do, based on the content of my post. I think you either didn't read my post carefully enough, or else are making some assumptions that aren't true. (i.e., the "good posters" who offer solutions aren't the one's I was addressing)



    If you re-read my post, you'll see that I'm questioning whether this is really a problem. i.e., how often are people actually wiping, due to too many healers going dps? I personally have yet, to see it. Even so, I'm saying "okay, let's assume this is happening with regularity - then what?" An auto-kick isn't the answer, and "the problem," in that case isn't dual-spec, nor the lack of an auto-kick mechanism; it would be the LFR queueing system, in and of itself, creating both the opportunity and motive for dps hybrids to queue as heals.

    Perhaps you might want to go back and re-read through the thread, because many of the posters are maligning the hybrid players on a moral basis, instead of recognizing that those hybrid players are simply playing the game, as it's designed. One guy even intimated that he'd give players a swift kick in the ass. My response to that type of venom is disdain, disgust, and dismissal. I have zero respect for that tripe.



    And why would you assume that the 4 healers are collectively the Forrest Gumps of raiding? "MAMA SAID THESE WUH MY RAIDING BOOTS - THEY'D TAKE ME ENNYWHEAH!" Really, you're creating a premise, at the far-end extreme of derpness, just to make an argument in support of your position. That's straw-man arguing.

    You're right, in that my off-the-cuff solution suggestion is, indeed, based upon the premise that 515 ilvl . But, just how many 515-geared folks are unenchanted, ungemmed, and not reforged? Because, with the lack of objective data, I have to draw on my own experience, where even being on a backwater server, with a very small talent pool, I don't see 515-geared folks walking around without gems, enchants, and being reforged.

    Regardless, and to your point, I could just as easily make the argument that all six of the ilvl 480 (490?) healer-specced healers can come into the LFR, and all be the picture of derp that you painted. You aren't providing evidence that a system like the one I proposed wouldn't be better than the queueing system we have now.



    I addressed this point, above, but would like to reiterate that I respect you coming to their defense, as a protective mama bear, despite getting your fur ruffled unnecessarily. If I offered some honey jars, or marmalade sandwiches, as recompense, could we just bear hug it out?

    P.S. Love your sig artwork.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, you're a shaman. Beyond just being kicked, you should be put in the stocks, pelted with rotten vegetables, and then tarred and feathered. Then made to watch every episode ever of Oprah, back-to-back.

    Maybe then you'll learn your role.

    In all seriousness, the LFR queueing system is the issue. It's needlessly slow, because there isn't a built-in "skill-check" mechanism, which could speed the process up, thus negating the motivation for people to (ab)use it.

    I cbf replying to everything in your wall of text but if you think random insults is the way to win your argument, you're quite wrong.

    What I'd like to highlight, is the part about ilvl=skill. My point was quite clearly, that ilvl is NOT equal skill. And even if those 515+ healers were gemmed and enchanted, that still doesn't mean they know jack shit about playing their class, nor does it guarantee you that they don't die to the first pool of shit on the ground.

    So really, just drop the BS. This isn't about me or anyone else defending anyone. Do you honestly think I give a shit about LFR, when I clear 13/13 Heroic every week? I can tell you that I don't. So there's no need for your personal insults kkthx.

  6. #246
    They could just make it to where when you que, you get stuck in that spec that you que as. Like when you hit the que button, whatever spec you are in when you hit que is the spec that you have to be in when you hit "accept" to join the raid when the que pops (you can change out of the spec so you can do dailys while waiting for que to pop, but when it goes make it read what spec you que'd as and it has to verify the spec before it lets you in). Then, when in LFR make the ability to change specs greyed out--so people can't change specs while running LFR.

    I know technology exists to do this because I have played beta for Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn and they have a very similar system to where you play as the class/spec you que in as and can't just up and change it when doing the dungeon. So this to me sounds like a GOOD thing that WoW could use for the future to make it so people don't get stuck solo-healing on fights.

    I get that sure, you can just as easily not heal through it, but at the same time why should you waste your time having to force a wipe vs. people just playing as what they que as? I enjoy healing myself, but it totally sucks when the other healers switch to dps and you get blamed for the wipe or for certain people dying...yea it is just LFR, but it does get annoying feeling like you are carrying everyone else there because they can't step up to help do the job they signed up for.

    LFR would actually run more smoothly if more people stuck to the role they signed up for (and didn't just go on auto-attack on a boss fight or switch from heals to dps or whatever the case may be). And for those who keep saying what's the big deal...imagine if it wasn't a skilled healer in the group, and imagine it was your group that continued to wipe because granted yea, you can kick the healers that switched to dps, but since this issue seems to be a growing one you might just keep getting stuck with bad healers who are trying and the other healers are switching to dps and aren't doing what they que for, thus wasting a lot of peoples time with needless wipes. I am just saying we have ALL had groups where the tanks didn't do the fight right, the healers were dps'ing instead of healing, and the dps didn't do the mechanics right (like switching to adds and causing a wipe). We all know the frustration of being the only healer healing the group, or maybe the only tank taunting the adds or boss at the right time, or the only dps trying to kill adds so we don't wipe. And we all know how it feels because we've all been in fail groups that just can't get it together and do the job they que up as.

    An auto-kick would be nice, but sadly you will just keep getting the same type of people in your group. Blizz needs to fix the actual issue and prevent people from switching out of their role--it won't fix the baddies, but it would be a step in the right direction to teach people that just because they can que in as a healer for a fast que and then dps because they might be too afraid to heal that they need to start learning to play the role they want because it's not fair to put the extra stress on other players. Players who may actually want to get through LFR without wiping 10 times on an easy fight, or at least get through it without having to deal with the extra work to ensure they don't wipe because other people can't do what they need to do.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I cbf replying to everything in your wall of text but if you think random insults is the way to win your argument, you're quite wrong.

    What I'd like to highlight, is the part about ilvl=skill. My point was quite clearly, that ilvl is NOT equal skill. And even if those 515+ healers were gemmed and enchanted, that still doesn't mean they know jack shit about playing their class, nor does it guarantee you that they don't die to the first pool of shit on the ground.

    So really, just drop the BS. This isn't about me or anyone else defending anyone. Do you honestly think I give a shit about LFR, when I clear 13/13 Heroic every week? I can tell you that I don't. So there's no need for your personal insults kkthx.
    elitist nerdrage, bless X

  8. #248
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceoftruth View Post
    elitist nerdrage, bless X
    Did you have a point, or is this your contribution to the thread?

  9. #249
    I could add that you are the most un feminine sounding girl on the internet but I think we all know you are a man ? prefer that ?

    Infracted; Post constructively (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-23 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo

  10. #250
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceoftruth View Post
    we all know you are a man
    Of course he is a man, there would be no way for him to kill any hc bosses if he wasn't one, that much is clear.

    Infracted; Post constructively (Sonnillon).
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-23 at 06:38 AM.

  11. #251
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    Literally just solo healed Durumu in LFR because all the healers respecced during the ready check. I said afterwards about it and everyones attitude was just "they do good dps and we got the boss down, who cares?" I care, I shouldn't be busting my ass in lfr to keep people healed up. LFR is meant to be casual faceroll. I could easily have caused a full on wipe and there attitude would be entirely different. It sickens me people do this and that they get away with it. Would you like an auto kick feature?
    I wouldn't mind. But then there should be an auto-kick for DPS being in tanking, for Tanks being DPS, for Healers being DPS (as OP said), for DPS being healers, for healers being tanks.. Kindda a vicious circle.

    Really, the solution would be either, a forced spec change mechanic so you are the spec you signed for when you enter - and if you don't have that spec, you can't answer. Or having a talent lock upon entering, making the player unable to change specc upon entering the looking for raid.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  12. #252
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceoftruth View Post
    I could add that you are the most un feminine sounding girl on the internet but I think we all know you are a man ? prefer that ?
    I'm actually a ladyboy but please don't tell......

    Back to the topic: To make it clear, I love getting LFR done as fast as freaking possible and I assume that everyone else would prefer the same. The problem is, that you're just one out of 25 people and making the decision of going dps when queued as a healer and not communicating this out, won't always end well.

    But from most of the posts it looks like the general attitude towards this, is that the fault partly lies with Blizz, for allowing players with no intention of healing to queue as healer. And that the rest of the blame lies with the people who do this, without checking with the rest of the group first.

    The part about communicating should be fairly simple. The part about Blizz's queue policy is more complex. Cause as many people have already said, wanting to change from one dps spec to another, changing from dps to tank to avoid waiting for that 1 person etc., does indeed sucks.

    I wouldn't be surprised, if we'll see some sort of fix to the queue system though.

  13. #253
    A forced talent lock would be a crappy way to deal with this. Zoned in as DPS because you were doing dailies when the queue popped? Shit out of luck, you're DPSing. Tank left and can't find a new one? Well that tanking spec you keep as a just in case thing won't do you much good either. There's a Heroic geared Disc priest in the group and literally is nothing left to heal? Hope you like twiddling your thumbs!

  14. #254
    Field Marshal Killilth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    As much as I'd like this the problem with that would be classes that change specs or the whole design around changing talents to suit the current fight.

  15. #255
    Then just make it lock you to your role, not spec.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I cbf replying to everything in your wall of text but if you think random insults is the way to win your argument, you're quite wrong.
    What random insults are you even talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    What I'd like to highlight, is the part about ilvl=skill. My point was quite clearly, that ilvl is NOT equal skill. And even if those 515+ healers were gemmed and enchanted, that still doesn't mean they know jack shit about playing their class, nor does it guarantee you that they don't die to the first pool of shit on the ground.
    What you did was make an argument, based on the illogical and highly-improbable assumption, that an entire compliment of healers in an LFR would be ungemmed, unenchanted, not reforged, as well as completely not knowing their class, despite having reached a 515 ilvl. That's a straw-man argument. You can't make an argument based on created or imagined premises. You also went on to showcase your age discrimination against 12 year olds.

    Regardless, if you hold the position that ilvl does not equal skill, then why are you arguing against an LFR queueing system that would be partly based on it? If you assume that such a method would invariably result in all of the healers being the worst healers imaginable, then why would you assume that the current system would be any better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    So really, just drop the BS. This isn't about me or anyone else defending anyone. Do you honestly think I give a shit about LFR, when I clear 13/13 Heroic every week? I can tell you that I don't. So there's no need for your personal insults kkthx.
    How in the world, did I insult you? You started in on me, with a flame specifically directed at me. I responded nicely, and logically rebutted your points of argument. Is this just the game, where you accuse me of the things that you're doing? If you really believe that I somehow insulted you, I'm asking you to point it out, specifically.

    Also, if you don't care about LFR, then why are you so invested in this thread?

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    This solves the whole problem.

    If you cue as a healer, no matter what spec you are, it automatically put you in heal spec when you zone in
    27" Imac - Intel i7-3.5 GHz - Nvidia GTX 780 - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz - 512GB SSD - Dual Boot w/OS X Mavericks & Windows 8.1

    "You are what your life says you are, nothing more, nothing less"


  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This solves the whole problem.

    If you cue as a healer, no matter what spec you are, it automatically put you in heal spec when you zone in
    I understand the thinking behind this, but what would you say about the problem(s) this would create?

    For example: We're all in an LFR. One of the tanks leaves or gets kicked. Then we're all standing around, waiting for a new tank, because the mechanics still require two tanks.

    One of the healers is a holy pally, with a prot offspec, or a resto druid, with a bear offspec. They offer to switch to tank, but they can't, because the system locks them as heals. I've been in LFRs, where we had to wait a ridiculous amount of time, for a tank to pop in. I recall one that I bailed on, after 25 minutes of waiting on a tank.

    Or, would you simply suggest that a restriction be placed only on healers switching to dps roles?

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    For example: We're all in an LFR. One of the tanks leaves or gets kicked. Then we're all standing around, waiting for a new tank, because the mechanics still require two tanks
    No boss in LFR requires two tanks. Every LFR is a debate between the tanks who is going to go dps or go AFK for boss fights.

    Still, I agree with you, locking people to specs would be retarded. There is a reason you can change specs.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, if we'll see some sort of fix to the queue system though.
    Allowing for you to select your spec for loot drops in LFR was the change to the system which is aimed at discouraging people from playing their unintended spec while in a raid.

    That's probably all we'll see. The only other thing I can think of would be a more clear depiction of a character's spec'd role while in the raid. The default raid panel would have to give a bigger visual cue or to show a role imbalance. There may even be a raid-warning style message to all players when a player leaves/goes offline/changes role.

    Here's the thing... there will not be any auto-kick mechanics. That's far too discriminatory. Just because a casual bunch of Monday raiders have a hard time with Joe the shadow healer doesn't mean all of LFR should have to suffer. There are plenty of people who queue as groups and intentionally skimp a tank or a couple healers just to make the raid run faster. There are also plenty of hybrid players who do their fair share of both damage and healing simultaneously who are performing the role of two characters at once. Punish them? Definitely not.

    As previously stated: Use the vote-to-kick option if you see a player abusing the system and they're not pulling their weight. Otherwise, stop complaining.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •