Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As an enhancement shaman who can out-heal the bejesus out of 80% of LFR participants, I disapprove of this proposal.

I thoroughly enjoy 'showing off' my abilities and enlightening people in the art of hybrid play.

There is already a suitable vote-kick mechanic at your disposal and you're free to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I do too. If your raid succeeds, what's the problem?
    The problem is that these folks used their ability to que as a healer to skip to the front of the line. I seriously doubt you would be happy if you could see your place in line, only to be dropped back 5-10 mins so these people could skip ahead of you.

To the OP, you're mistake was you kept healing. You absolutely should have stopped. by healing anyways, you're promoted the behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    God no. I play my priest as holy dps...it's not my main and I don't care how viable/not viable it is. It's how I play it. I'd have to queue as a healer if I wanted to continue.
    Of course you don't care, niether do the people who go AFK and auto attack care. I only wish you could be in a LFR with 24 other people who didn't care.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-07-17 at 04:43 PM.

easy solution - Blizzard can simply implement a system that prevents you from queueing if your gear for the spec you're queueing as does not meet the required item level of the raid your going for

For example - It knows what gear is meant for what role: You have healing and DPS checked for your LFR queue and it looks in your bags under the gear meant for Healer....wow...combined its only 408? sorry...you're not getting in as a healer, but you have a 499 DPS set? please wait like a decent player since you would DPS anyway.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    easy solution - Blizzard can simply implement a system that prevents you from queueing if your gear for the spec you're queueing as does not meet the required item level of the raid your going for

For example - It knows what gear is meant for what role: You have healing and DPS checked for your LFR queue and it looks in your bags under the gear meant for Healer....wow...combined its only 408? sorry...you're not getting in as a healer, but you have a 499 DPS set? please wait like a decent player since you would DPS anyway.
    Actually, that would be the most elegant of solutions. And it should also not include BoE items that haven't been equipped, since people will try to cheese the system by having crafted shit in their bags for the iLvL and will just try to AH when they have enough iLvL without it.

Of course, Elemental/Resto and Balance/Resto and all 3 specs of Priest use pretty much identical gear other than maybe trinkets and such.

I went on my fresh 90 Mistweaver Monk into an LFR MSV. I saw that the healing was covered, so I spent the entire Will of the Emperor fight dancing with the boss, doing some light fistweaving, occasionally using Renewing Mist and Chi Wave and getting in Opportunistic Strikes. My healing was terrible, but it was a blast and I outdamaged a couple of the DPS. I'd like to see more creative play like this and less lazy daisies getting free loot for nothing, but the culture of the game is pretty broken at this point.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-07-17 at 05:04 PM.

I remember being in a LFR when a well-geared shammy was pulling 300k as a "healer." One guy was leading a crusade to get him kicked; thankfully it failed.

I've healed LFRs and been bored out of mind because there was nothing to do.

That said, if everyone adopts the attitude, you could potentially wipe. If you end up wiping from a lack of heals (which is def possible), it's not saving anyone any time.

Plus, if those "healers" are dpsing for nothing special, that's not exciting either.

So, bottom line, I'm def not outraged but I get where you're coming from. For me, it's more about the result. Also, I'd appreciate the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I think anyone who goes into LFR should be set to the spec that they queued as in the case of healers and tanks. If they change spec they should be removed and given a debuff if applicable just like bgs if you afk. Let the dps respec though to heal or tank so that you can add onto the tanks and healers if it turns out your group is absolutely awful and vote kick hasn't already fixed the problem for you. People should also be held accountable for being complete douche bags in lfr. That guy that keeps pulling and causing half the group to quit every time it halfway fills? Yeah shouldn't be hard to figure out if hes honestly making mistakes or just being a jerkoff in situations like that.
    This is a little too far I think. You can queue a healer, heal the boss then swap to dps for the bonus roll and get a dps item. You shouldn't be kicked for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    . I'd like to see more creative play like this and less lazy daisies getting free loot for nothing, but the culture of the game is pretty broken at this point.
    You skipped to the front of the line, then didn't do the job you qued for, and outperformed people who were mostly likely AFK. And then you go on to point out how the culture of the game is broken and that there is lazy daisies for free loot. You even said you spent the entire fight dancing with the boss, which means you were too good to be bothered with adds.

How do you not see that you are part of that Culture problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    This is a little too far I think. You can queue a healer, heal the boss then swap to dps for the bonus roll and get a dps item. You shouldn't be kicked for that.
    What ? We have loot specialization now. There is no reason to switch specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i would like an auto-kick feature for those who claim lfr is meant to be a casual faceroll
    sure it easy to most but if everyone adopted the same attitude as yourself then you would never drop any bosses

Can it just auto-kick any tank without gems and enchants on their gear?

see, if i was you, the solo healer, i'd be glad that the boss was dying faster. time my friend, time.. my effort cant be quantified but time can, and if this damn lfr finishes faster then that is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You skipped to the front of the line, then didn't do the job you qued for, and outperformed people who were mostly likely AFK. And then you go on to point out how the culture of the game is broken and that there is lazy daisies for free loot. You even said you spent the entire fight dancing with the boss, which means you were too good to be bothered with adds.

How do you not see that you are part of that Culture problem ?
    Was still healer spec'd, still had my statue down and so was still healing the tank and anyone else within 30 yards by Eminence. If there had been any problems, I wasn't running OOM so I could have tossed in my Revival and switched to mistweaving. On Elegon when two of the healers fell down, I was Mistweaving and contributed as much as my crappy gear could handle. It seems to me I was using the possibilities of the class and spec properly. By and large, most LFR healers are wasted and don't get to contribute much.

Deleted
    I generally don't like people that do this, but if its 1 "healer" that does #1 dps I don't have a problem with it, because the damage in LFR is really low.
    It just helps us get through faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    You simply cant automate that process, as that would take away the chance to go with less healers than intended.
    If you want to tailor the group, run normals.

Look, people do this because a) they CAN queue as heals but really are DPS players and b) they get a quick queue as heals. So they queue up as heals never intending to heal. They might not even have a heal gearset... but this is just one more instance of the "me, me, fuck the group it's about me" attitude in the game. They want a quick queue and from their point of view, why wait 45 minutes if you can get in in 4 or 5 minutes?

Locking the spec to what you queued as would be a good solution. A question is, of course , wtf blizzard is thinking. It's dead obvious that people will do this, so why wasn't spec locking designed in at the start of MoP?

I've gone dps to healer a couple times when I feared for my life.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Locking the spec to what you queued as would be a good solution.
    Almost everyone in this thread seems to be for this, but I still don't see why we'd want to petition for a change that could take them three patches to release when there's already an implemented "inform the raid I just changed specs" system outside of LFR. If your Resto Druid just got called out by a system message saying "Restocats' role was changed to DPS (sword)" like it does when you're in an open world raid group, the vote kicks would flood in and no system would need to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Almost everyone in this thread seems to be for this, but I still don't see why we'd want to petition for a change that could take them three patches to release when there's already an implemented "inform the raid I just changed specs" system outside of LFR. If your Resto Druid just got called out by a system message saying "Restocats' role was changed to DPS (sword)" like it does when you're in an open world raid group, the vote kicks would flood in and no system would need to be added.
    That's DBM doing that and I believe it's that person's DBM doing it unless it says "changed by".

IRT the OP -
    Solo healing an LFR sounds exciting, challenging, interesting and would require some skill, gear and good mana conservation. I don't like the idea of auto-kicking players for switching specs. I find it is often better for the group to have 1 or 2 healers play in a hybrid style, especially if the healers are geared and have healing assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post

Alot of ideas would work but considering thay can't fix the loot system to even check what gear you are wearing before awarding you with the same item you allready have on you , i wouldn't hold my breath to see something done. Just bring it to the attention of other players and hope they have the same mind set as you and remove him if he doesn't go back to the role he que'd as.

10+ Year Old Account
    its commendable that you did it. Call be evil but I would hope you wiped so people would get called out.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done