Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I assume you dont do normal raids, as this is the best option to gear up. Then why do you do something you loathe? You dont need those upgrades, and you have most likely cleared it..
    And think of how fast it would go if you just wherent a dumb ass that goes afk in the first place, clearing it on the first try and not wasting 5-10 mins on a failed attempt, then 5-10 mins on another attempt. Your logic is clearly flawed, and you got nothing to do in a raid scenario.
    You heard about alts? Have some alts used only for CMs. LFR gear is just as good as normal/heroic gear for CMs.
    And not like I cba to find a pug with all my alts, usually only pug 12/12 with the occasional heroic on my main alt, sometimes on my secondary alt aswell.
    Pugging is really a bitch nowadays with how degenerate the wow raiding population has become. People have degressed so much.

Also, the legendary quest chain. Stopped raiding all together in 5.2 on my main, waiting for 5.4
    I have been slacking on the legendary chain so still on the runestone part, so do LFR every week for the legendary chain on my main, and of course for the legendary quest on like 2-6 alts depending on how I feel that week.

I mean, I understand your point. I would love to skip LFR, but fact is LFR remains the best effort-reward way to gear up. As long as that holds true, especially with the legendary quest chain this expansion, dont expect anything to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    who cares it's lfr?
    A very constructive post dear sir.
    Please don't que for LFR as you`ll only make it worse with that kind of attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You heard about alts? Have some alts used only for CMs. LFR gear is just as good as normal/heroic gear for CMs.
    And not like I cba to find a pug with all my alts, usually only pug 12/12 with the occasional heroic on my main alt, sometimes on my secondary alt aswell.
    Pugging is really a bitch nowadays with how degenerate the wow raiding population has become. People have degressed so much.

Also, the legendary quest chain. Stopped raiding all together in 5.2 on my main, waiting for 5.4
    I have been slacking on the legendary chain so still on the runestone part, so do LFR every week for the legendary chain on my main, and of course for the legendary quest on like 2-6 alts depending on how I feel that week.

I mean, I understand your point. I would love to skip LFR, but fact is LFR remains the best effort-reward way to gear up. As long as that holds true, especially with the legendary quest chain this expansion, dont expect anything to change.
    I can relate to what you are saying but let me bring this in a different perspective.
    Yes i know its a pain but would it not go faster if you just play normal like everyone else. you will eventually spend less time in LFR, and more time to do other stuff.
    and still get the secrets/gear or what not you need.

The whole concept of LFR is to experience the raid environment while not actually raiding on the same level. but would it not be more relaxing if people actually payed attention and just did the jobs they signed up for. it would make LFR so much more easy going to complete and dare i say it might actually be fun at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    No. I've had groups waiting for a tank for quite a while when a dps steps up and says "I have a tank spec and gear, want me to try so we can get going?". This happens frequently.
    Also I come in as heals sometimes but if I see that the other healers have it and there is NOTHING as a reactive healer for me to do other than snipe or afk, I will ask the other healers if I can go dps. Usually they say yes.

If you bring 6 healers at appropriate item level who have any clue what to do and your group isn't unsalvageable bad then at least two healers are going to stand around with absolutely nothing to do.

If I couldn't go shadow I would just sit in red chakra in these situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares it's lfr?
    That's the kind of attitude that causes a plethora of wipes in LFR in the first place.

Deleted
    I think nothing should be done because imagine the scenario where you need that extra healer but the queue won't find anyone. A guy can't go "Guys I will respecc to healer so we can kill this". You will have to wait 1-60 mins for no reason. Same goes for the "Specc lock" feature. A lot of times I respecced to tank to help groups with 1 tank since the other tends to leave, if I couldn't we would be stuck for much longer in a pointless faceroll raid that we all came there for loot/legendary q items. So basically next time let them wipe and complain if you don't like it. Plus I find it hard to believe that all 5 healers went dps and it's so rare that it doesn't happen often anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    Why not just use the system that happens when forming a raid in the world? You switch to a DPS spec and suddenly the chat window will say "[Blank] role now set to [role*symbol*]." Everyone would see it instantly.

who cares it's lfr?
    I care when the LFR has gone on for more than an hour and by the third wipe the chat window is filled with different people sayin "lol ppl in LFR r bad." - "kick both tanks and pull" - "it's just LFR lel."
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-07-17 at 12:18 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    As an Elemental DPS with one healing trinket and one DPS, I can do perfectly fine LFR healing AND Dps, being in the top 3 or so of both meters. I can only see that as beneficial to the raid.
    One healing trinket stops you from going OOM by casting healing spells as dps? My L2 Tauren rogue usually does top 3 dps as well. It's more likely that you respeced, then left the healing to the players who chose not to use people and exploit the system.

If the real healers aren't overgeared or one to many players respec, then the people actually healing are living global cooldown to global cooldown. You won't hear complaints, because the healers have no time to type unless the group wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    some of the hybrid classes can still pump out very impressive heals while in a dps spec tbh, I mean generally in LFR on my disc priest all I do is spam smite while watching a dvd on the other screen anyway and still top meters =p
    Disc priests are healers, not boomkins, ret pallies etc. jumping the queue.

It's truly amazing how many posters claim to be top dps/heals. Then again, recount can't accurately measure the dps of Tauren rogues or the healing of Gnome pallies. You won't see a Tauren rogue-- they're that good. And Gnome pallies are really small, especially when they hide in the shadows of 'disc priests who watch dvds on their 2nd screens while in LFR groups.'

Best option (for me) :
    Specialization are locked when you enter. If you want to respec, you use a feature called "asking for specialization change" wich prompt a vote windows for...Let's say... 10 people at random. If they (or even the majority) agreed, BOOM you respec.

lfr is tuned ofr 2-3 healers. no point in having 6 of them.
    there is nothing more boring then competing with 5 other healers for healing ppl that drops down to 95%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    I can relate to what you are saying but let me bring this in a different perspective.
    Yes i know its a pain but would it not go faster if you just play normal like everyone else. you will eventually spend less time in LFR, and more time to do other stuff.
    and still get the secrets/gear or what not you need.

The whole concept of LFR is to experience the raid environment while not actually raiding on the same level. but would it not be more relaxing if people actually payed attention and just did the jobs they signed up for. it would make LFR so much more easy going to complete and dare i say it might actually be fun at one point.
    While I agree with what you are saying, doing LFR on so many alts is way to time consuming for me to justify giving 100% of my performance doing something I dont really want to be doing.

The concept of LFR is okay in theory, experience raiding without raiding. The problem occurs when LFR gear is the best way to gear up for normal raiding. It funnels raiders that want to be doing real raiding into "fake" raiding. LFR would be much better if it did not do this.

Imagine if the best PvP gear dropped from raids. You would see a ton of PvPers doing PvE without really giving a flying fuck about it. Or say each boss in PvE dropped 4000 Honor points. Why gear up a new PvP alt through BGs when you could kill one boss in PvE for honor cap?
    Now you have to same situations with LFR, when LFR drops the best CM gear, the fastest way for gearing up alts to start raiding for real, and LFR drops the exact same chance for the parts of the legendary quest chain.
    What you are seeing is raiders doing something they dont like to be doing. Just like PvPers wouldnt give a rats ass about the PvE, raiders dont give a rats ass about LFR.

Also, to flip the coin once again. If I give 70% of my performance, I am number on HPS/DPS (depending on role) on all my alts, ranging from 480 to 530 ilvl. The only time I am sometimes outdpsed is if my alt does not have the legendary gem and there is some heroic raider in the group, but 90% of the cases I am number 1 on dps, and in the rare cases I am top 3 atleast, no exceptions.

So lets presume that these LFR runs include some people that actually want to do LFR. Why should I that despise LFR, carry that group? Why should I outperform everyone else in that group doing something I dont want to do? People that want to do LFR are very frequently terrible to the point that they could just go AFK and the group would not notice.

Neither case is really "fair". If I play, I am forced to carry all the LFRs through LFR. If I slack, they carry me. I figure it more fair that the players that want to do LFR carry the people that doesnt want to do it rather than the other way around.

Though I have reached what to me is the middle ground. I slack when possible, but if needed I give my 100%. So as long as my LFR group kills the bosses, I slack. But if they wipe, I step in and carry the group. To me that is the most fair solution.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand this on both sides, and I think if it happened to me, I would let them wipe if they just expected me to put in all the effort, If they asked first however, then i would be more than happy to do it. It just comes down to manners IMO.

Deleted
    Nice to see the trolls out, albeit some of them are terrible and obvious. Glad I'm not the only one with a problem with people doing this. I don't need loot from lfr I only do it for the valor and if anything drops I just DE it. The vote to change spec feature would be nice. Thanks for the replies

Warning; Don't call posters trolls. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-22 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    Nice to see the trolls out, albeit some of them are terrible and obvious. Glad I'm not the only one with a problem with people doing this. I don't need loot from lfr I only do it for the valor and if anything drops I just DE it. The vote to change spec feature would be nice. Thanks for the replies
    Reading through the entire thread I saw no "trolls", unless your own definition of "trolls" is "people with differing opinions."
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Reading through the entire thread I saw no "trolls", unless your own definition of "trolls" is "people with differing opinions."
    1/10, good try though.

The problem occurs when LFR gear is the best way to gear up for normal raiding. It funnels raiders that want to be doing real raiding into "fake" raiding. LFR would be much better if it did not do this.
    Or you could, I dunno, do normal mode t14 to gear up even faster? Or are your "real raider" friends above running old content?

They should just work towards making it automaticaly change to a valid spec and restricting specs not related to the role you entered as, and failing to join if valid spec isn't available. There's not really any valid reason for you to be in the others anyway in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Or you could, I dunno, do normal mode t14 to gear up even faster? Or are your "real raider" friends above running old content?
    Unfortunately, mine are. We did too much T14 for a lifetime I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    1/10, good try though.
    Are you actually serious? No, really. There has not been one "troll" post in this thread.

Everything that has been posted has been just a different opinion.

Are people on the internet these days really this dense?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I think nothing should be done because imagine the scenario where you need that extra healer but the queue won't find anyone. A guy can't go "Guys I will respecc to healer so we can kill this". You will have to wait 1-60 mins for no reason. Same goes for the "Specc lock" feature. A lot of times I respecced to tank to help groups with 1 tank since the other tends to leave, if I couldn't we would be stuck for much longer in a pointless faceroll raid that we all came there for loot/legendary q items. So basically next time let them wipe and complain if you don't like it. Plus I find it hard to believe that all 5 healers went dps and it's so rare that it doesn't happen often anyway.
    Agreed. And I've done it before (back in Cata LFR) where I'd just swap to healing spec mid raid because the queue was taking forever to find one. Yeah, I'm not a fan of locking us into the role we queued as. I think it would do more harm than good.

I like the idea of there being a raid alert when someone switches out of their queued role, however. Just having that feature will dissuade the sneaky players from doing it.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2013-07-17 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Are you actually serious? No, really. There has not been one "troll" post in this thread.

Everything that has been posted has been just a different opinion.

Are people on the internet these days really this dense?
    Uhhmm

who cares it's lfr?
    found one

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.