Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Or you could, I dunno, do normal mode t14 to gear up even faster? Or are your "real raider" friends above running old content?
    Try to movivate people that farmed T14 for months to go back to do T14.

If you do normals you only get 489/496 ilvl instead of 502 ilvl WITHOUT completing the legendary quest chain.
    If you actually put an heroic group together you got 502/509 ilvl WITHOUT completing the legendary quest chain.

Instead of asking my friends "Hey, you wanna do that content we farmed for months on our alts!" only to get worse gear / the same gear without completing the legendary quest chain.

No, I rather put less effort and less time in by just afking through LFR to get better loot + completing the legendary chain without bothering my friends by trying to drag my friends with on old content.

If T14 gave better loot than LFR and LFR did not complete the legendary chain your points would be viable, but right now they arent.

If that is so hard to understand I dont know what.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    While I agree with what you are saying, doing LFR on so many alts is way to time consuming for me to justify giving 100% of my performance doing something I dont really want to be doing.

The concept of LFR is okay in theory, experience raiding without raiding. The problem occurs when LFR gear is the best way to gear up for normal raiding. It funnels raiders that want to be doing real raiding into "fake" raiding. LFR would be much better if it did not do this.

Imagine if the best PvP gear dropped from raids. You would see a ton of PvPers doing PvE without really giving a flying fuck about it. Or say each boss in PvE dropped 4000 Honor points. Why gear up a new PvP alt through BGs when you could kill one boss in PvE for honor cap?
    Now you have to same situations with LFR, when LFR drops the best CM gear, the fastest way for gearing up alts to start raiding for real, and LFR drops the exact same chance for the parts of the legendary quest chain.
    What you are seeing is raiders doing something they dont like to be doing. Just like PvPers wouldnt give a rats ass about the PvE, raiders dont give a rats ass about LFR.

Also, to flip the coin once again. If I give 70% of my performance, I am number on HPS/DPS (depending on role) on all my alts, ranging from 480 to 530 ilvl. The only time I am sometimes outdpsed is if my alt does not have the legendary gem and there is some heroic raider in the group, but 90% of the cases I am number 1 on dps, and in the rare cases I am top 3 atleast, no exceptions.

So lets presume that these LFR runs include some people that actually want to do LFR. Why should I that despise LFR, carry that group? Why should I outperform everyone else in that group doing something I dont want to do? People that want to do LFR are very frequently terrible to the point that they could just go AFK and the group would not notice.

Neither case is really "fair". If I play, I am forced to carry all the LFRs through LFR. If I slack, they carry me. I figure it more fair that the players that want to do LFR carry the people that doesnt want to do it rather than the other way around.

Though I have reached what to me is the middle ground. I slack when possible, but if needed I give my 100%. So as long as my LFR group kills the bosses, I slack. But if they wipe, I step in and carry the group. To me that is the most fair solution.
    I certainly agree with the fact giving a 100% all the time on alts etc is not needed.
    As i said before just doing your job does not need a 100% focus all the time. heck even i with only 1 alt do not give a 100% focus to it but if needed i will.

On the other hand i feel like we derailed a bit as the discussion was about changing speccs etc.
    Tbh i might have been faily harsh in my words at the start but i always get quite flustered with these type of topics as i dont have time to raid on specific times so all i can do is do LFR at this moment. and i at least would like to enjoy that time i do spend in game.

and i believe if everyone just does his job (which is like auto pilot for most longer term players) LFR would greatly improve from garbage to be actually something that's enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

10+ Year Old Account
    i did it once. queued healer on my priest to get insta queue. i felt like a big douchebag.

But you're gearing up your alt for raiding, so surely once they have the ilvl, you'll be running ToT normal because you're obviously oh so much better than everyone else?

Do you like to get carried through normal modes too, doing as little as possible so everyone else picks up the slack, or are you just an asshole in LFR?

15+ Year Old Account
    I dps and heal at the same time:}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I do this all the time, but only if the raid can handle losing a healer. I dont see the big deal is, the instance is over faster. If ppl are going to die in lfr they would probably die if u have 4 or 6 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Overall, i believe most people are hoping that Flex raiding goes well and replaces LFR.
    Yes, cause Flex raiding is so much easier to just hop into when you are the only one on in your guild, cause it's a casual guild. Flex raiding will make all the woes of LFR vanish, and all the benefit of it too. No offense, but I see Flex raiding being populated primarily by OpenRaid users, cause hey! You can get achievements, it's current-tier, cross-realm. Harder than LFR, but not as hard as Normal, scales from 10-25 on the fly. That sounds like the best option ever for OpenRaid.

Now what about the people who log on, got maybe 90min to kill, can queue up and be in within 20min or so, and finish in the next 60min. If LFR didn't exist, they'd be back where they were before: not caring, and potentially un-subbing. Complain all you like about it, but LFR does likely keep a number of subs active, vs the number of them that didn't stay active during the first two tiers of Cata, or parts of WotLK. Raiding isn't an exclusive club anymore. I was there when it was, and that was a job that you make yourself believe is enjoyable (at least when you raid progression-level). LFR suits my tastes fine. Flex will fill a niche for me if enough of my friends are all on and available at the same time, as I imagine it will be for most people.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Best option (for me) :
    Specialization are locked when you enter. If you want to respec, you use a feature called "asking for specialization change" wich prompt a vote windows for...Let's say... 10 people at random. If they (or even the majority) agreed, BOOM you respec.
    I think we have a winner

Locking roles seems like the most sensible solution to me. While the group may not need all 6 healers, they don't need another dps that badly either, this would at least prevent people abusing the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    This is true. I always votekick the complainer rather than the person being complained on.

The boss died. Where is the problem.

If you on the other hand stopped healing just to prove a point that you wipe in case you dont heal, well, then I would also have kicked you since that is the definition of douchebag.
    Firefly, I normally like you, but I always queue for LFR with 3-4 guildies (means we get a guaranteed smooth run) and if I saw you writing in raid chat to initiate a vote kick to kick the one guy pulling his weight, you'd be out of the raid faster than you could type "BUT HE'S A DOUCHE".

Deleted
    What needs to change is player's attitude towards afk/slackers. Kick them, kick them all! Don't kick players who have bad gear - LFR is meant to be for them, but do kick those who are just slacking on purpose. In extreme cases I think such players should get temporary bans for their actions. If they don't want to play, they shouldn't be able to.

I've seen many times people not caring about other players doing absolutely nothing. In last LFR we were 2 man healing the raid, while 1 was afk all the time and 2 were barely doing anything. When I asked to kick that afk healer, people refused to do so and wanted to kick me instead (later I noticed they were from same guild. doh).

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    No, just no.

Very often dps need to change to tanking or healing to help out raid when we are waiting for tank/healer. When I'm queueing on my DK as dps I switch to tanking in 1 out of 3 runs. With your suggestion raid would have to wait another 20 minutes for that last tank to join. Do you really want that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Firefly, I normally like you, but I always queue for LFR with 3-4 guildies (means we get a guaranteed smooth run) and if I saw you writing in raid chat to initiate a vote kick to kick the one guy pulling his weight, you'd be out of the raid faster than you could type "BUT HE'S A DOUCHE".
    *hugs* Now that's the proper attitude towards idiots!
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2013-07-17 at 01:11 PM.

Shauni definitely has the best solution here with having a vote to allow someone to change spec.

I 100% hate the people who do this and I go on a mission to get them kicked every time I see it. I am always the top healer in lfr so I make it clear that if they dont heal or leave then I wont heal either.

If you want a faster queue how about doing something useful for the group and actually healing when queued as a healer. If you are healing and you see that maybe the group could survive with 1 less healer, how about asking the raid if they agree and if they would agree for you to dps. The fact that you just do it without asking makes me honestly wish you would die in real life.

Just make the proposed spec lock prevent people form changing TO dps...

Deleted
    Stupid thing is, this is why blizzard implemented the option to choose which loot specialization you want the system to consider you for regardless of the current active spec you're using rofl.

Maybe they just didn't know about this feature, god knows we've all seen fair amount of stupidity over the last few years in this game and truth is not everyone bothers to read the changes that get implemented.

The fact you were able to solo heal though should be something you should try recreating and record it, would gladly watch a vid of a pwning healer! Nice job hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Uhhmm

found one

That's an opinion. I really wish people would learn what the definition of trolling is before using it wrong. Frustrates me to no end.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Frustrates me to no end.
    You mean, like your attitude when playing with others frustrates them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    why does it matter?
    Does it matter to the progress of the raid? Probably not

Does it matter morally that those people think they deserve to laugh in the faces of the other members of the raid? To me yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talv View Post
    I do this all the time, but only if the raid can handle losing a healer. I dont see the big deal is, the instance is over faster. If ppl are going to die in lfr they would probably die if u have 4 or 6 healers.
    It's a problem because most of the time too many people switch and/or slack at the same time and it causes wipes which actually slows the raid down. Saying things like "it's only LFR" and "the boss died, who cares" further exacerbates the problem because it makes that kind of behavior "okay".

Deleted
    Very much doubt you solo healed it, but I would love to two-heal LFR. Most fights can be 3-4 healed without much trouble at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I'm still waiting for the day I see all 6 healers go DPS and no one heals.
    I have had 5...

(I was the one who stayed healing).

People wondered why I went on a massive rant about it..