Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'll be removing people from my raid if I see them with these helmets. I'll also /spit on anyone I see with it.
    I hope your whole guild is running around with horns of fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  2. #422
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'll be removing people from my raid if I see them with these helmets. I'll also /spit on anyone I see with it.
    How loving the community is... Oh wait, it was Blizzard that ruined it, not the players! >_>

    How pathetic must you be to do this?

    Rarely updated...

  3. #423
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,762
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How pathetic must you be to do this?
    I'd rather call it immature. Because this is exactly what it is.

  4. #424
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    But F2P games have like 1-2 million players at most compared to WoW's 8 million, and they charge less for cosmetic items. Can you explain that?
    not to be that guy, but there are a lot of blizzard customers out there that truly believe the company can do no wrong and will eat up anything they tell them. it happens when you have 8 million people playing the game.

    the same goes for any game really. while there are a lot of other f2p, b2p games out there that sell these types of things for much cheaper their client list is just a tad smaller than blizzards. they charge that $15 for a helm because they know they'll get people to buy it and most likely a large number of people will.

    i personally dont like the looks of any of them, but to each their own

  5. #425
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'll be removing people from my raid if I see them with these helmets. I'll also /spit on anyone I see with it.
    Then the smart people in your guild and by smart I also mean the better players will likely /gquit on the spot. It's capricious and too random an act to make anyone want to stay. It would serve you right. If a raid leader in my guild were removing people because of the cosmetic items they wear, I'd remove them as well.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  6. #426
    That people think this is acceptable just because the items are cosmetic is the real tragedy.
    You should be outraged that Blizzard thinks you're all chumps enough to pay 12 euro for one damned helmet that 2 guys could make i na few hours in a SUBSCRIPTIONBASED GAME. The most successfull subscriptionbased PC game in the western world, ever. And they have the audacity to charge 12 euro for one freaking helmet.

    It's an insult. A spit in the face. It's disgusting.

  7. #427
    Not immature at all. My raid my rules, don't like it make your own raid filled with moronic sheep. If you're dumb enough to support this stuff you will most likely be too dumb to understand mechanics.

  8. #428
    I dont understand the hate. If you dont like the helm, dont buy it. Why look down on others who do buy it? I won't be buying it because I dont spend money on mounts/pets or anything that blizz sells in the online store. No accomplishment in having them and you look just like 4 million others...lol. That kind of defeats the purpose of mogging to me but to each their own! I dont xmog anything and i don't look like anyone else in the game!

    On the flipside, if you owned a company and saw a way to make money, you would do it too, or you would be a shitty business owner.

  9. #429
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    Unfortunately.. I think I'm going to be doing the same. :/ They will not change their ways until it starts to impact the amount of money in their wallets. Sadly.
    im nearly in the same boat aswell :S

    been a sub since vanilla, the game is fine right now, but blizzard showing less and less respect for its customers. i think blizzard got too big in wrath and then got too greedy, they can never get as many subs back as they had back in wrath, but want to rake in the same amount of money. digusting. blizzard use to be one of my favorite gaming companies, their dedication to quality and to there fans was brilliant, but as the years go on they are showing less and less respect to paying customers. not unsibbing just yet, going to see how far the item shop goes.

    im not going to look down on people who buy them, not going to be that immature.
    dragonmaw - EU

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Then the smart people in your guild and by smart I also mean the better players will likely /gquit on the spot. It's capricious and too random an act to make anyone want to stay. It would serve you right. If a raid leader in my guild were removing people because of the cosmetic items they wear, I'd remove them as well.
    Yeah he's such a terrible person for taking a moral stand against an immoral and greedy cash-in.

    When did people become so damned servile? What will you let a company do to you before you react? 12 Euro for ONE helmet in a SUBSCRIPTIONBASED GAME WITH 7 MILLION PLAYERS.
    There is zero, absolutely ZERO justification for such a high price. I could buy 1 month of subscription for 12 euro. I could buy an entire game on Steam for 12 euro.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Buy it, don't have time. I have $ though
    Personally I think you must be mad to want to play a game where some of the best items will have to be bought and are absolutely divorced from anything you do or don't do in game. I realise these are just a few helmets, but this is about mission creep; about where WoW is heading and ultimately, its successors.
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Yeah he's such a terrible person for taking a moral stand against an immoral and greedy cash-in.

    When did people become so damned servile? What will you let a company do to you before you react? 12 Euro for ONE helmet in a SUBSCRIPTIONBASED GAME WITH 7 MILLION PLAYERS.
    There is zero, absolutely ZERO justification for such a high price. I could buy 1 month of subscription for 12 euro. I could buy an entire game on Steam for 12 euro.
    A stand against what? A BUSINESS is finding ways to make MORE MONEY. hmmmmm. I applaud blizzard and im sure they will sell THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of these helms. Seems like a very smart move to me businesswise.

    Also if you pay a monthly subscription that means you support what they do, as you said yourself you can buy other games....so do it! If you find yourself playing this game instead its because there are no other games you enjoy as much...so where is the problem?

  13. #433
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    My raid my rules,
    Considering your immature behaviour, there probably isn't a "my raid" to begin with.
    And if so, I really hope that suddenly all of them come to a raid, wearing one of these helmets. Would be hilarious.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Personally I think you must be mad to want to play a game where some of the best items will have to be bought
    Are they ugly or are they the best items in game - make up your mind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    There is zero, absolutely ZERO justification for such a high price. I could buy 1 month of subscription for 12 euro. I could buy an entire game on Steam for 12 euro.
    There is every justification for it - nobody needs it but plenty will be happy to pay for it. That's how the market works.

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    im nearly in the same boat aswell :S

    been a sub since vanilla, the game is fine right now, but blizzard showing less and less respect for its customers. i think blizzard got too big in wrath and then got too greedy, they can never get as many subs back as they had back in wrath, but want to rake in the same amount of money. digusting. blizzard use to be one of my favorite gaming companies, their dedication to quality and to there fans was brilliant, but as the years go on they are showing less and less respect to paying customers. not unsibbing just yet, going to see how far the item shop goes.

    im not going to look down on people who buy them, not going to be that immature.
    Jesus fuck you unaware people are infuriating >.<. WRATH HAD THE MOST SUBS AT THE END OF BC AND LOST STARTED LOSING THEM WHEN WRATH STARTED.

    Seriously, if you don't fucking like the item don't buy it... Do you really think that they would sink a lot of money (I really don't know what world you people leave in that you know guys that can do it in 1 night...) in something that won't sell? Are you bloody serious?

    Want to solve the issue? Don't buy the bloody helmet, make a ticket saying that you don't like it or cancel your sub putting "Because of your Pet Shop" as a reason (yeah, you get to do that). If 4 million players quit with that reason, they will be giving them away for free while they come to your house and suck you off.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-07-17 at 07:36 PM.

  16. #436
    Blizz knows they are bleeding subs 24/7 and they know they will never get back subs on a stable level, so they need to make more money somehow.

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I dont understand the hate. If you dont like the helm, dont buy it. Why look down on others who do buy it? I won't be buying it because I dont spend money on mounts/pets or anything that blizz sells in the online store. No accomplishment in having them and you look just like 4 million others...lol. That kind of defeats the purpose of mogging to me but to each their own! I dont xmog anything and i don't look like anyone else in the game!

    On the flipside, if you owned a company and saw a way to make money, you would do it too, or you would be a shitty business owner.
    Don't you think you are being a bit naive in thinking it wont effect you? Yes, it wont directly effect you at this very particular moment in time with these very specific items. However, what happens when its expanded upon later and something you really do like the look of is obtained through the Blizzard store and not a reward from some in game activity?

    Having said that, most of the people on the internet don't seem to appreciate the above principle so I just let them get on with it and keep my wisdom to myself
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  18. #438
    Dreadlord Morbownz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    788
    £10? Thats actually cheaper than I expected them to be and still much more expensive than they are worth.
    Lets all go to the Blizz-store, Lets all go to the Blizz-store, Lets all go to the Blizz-store to buy ourselves some treats. Delicious things for geeks, the Pixels can't be beat. The Achievement points are just dandy, them sparkling mounts are quite handy. So Lets all go to the Blizz-store and buy ourselves a treat.

  19. #439
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Yeah he's such a terrible person for taking a moral stand against an immoral and greedy cash-in.
    Taking a stand is one thing. Imposing his stand on others in his raid in the way he proposes is rather vile. Cosmetic items from a cash shop, no matter the price, are hardly the reason to inconvenience and disrupt the normal business of a raiding guild.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  20. #440
    12 euro for ONE item, in a subscriptionbased game with 7 milion players, without any other way of getting said item.

    They create content with the subscription I have payed them with, that I have to pay for twice to get. Don't you see? They are making content that you have already payed for, then make you pay for it again if you want it. That's what your subscription is for, for them to make you content.
    It's mindblowingly terrible to accept it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •