Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
LastLast
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The reason the other games only charge $2 for a helm is because they can barely hold a subscriber at $10 per month. Blizzard can charge the $15 and get it, I already saw a few people with the helms on my server.
    Or maybe they are able to make a decent profit at $2 for a helm and they actually value their customers?

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The reason the other games only charge $2 for a helm is because they can barely hold a subscriber at $10 per month. Blizzard can charge the $15 and get it, I already saw a few people with the helms on my server.
    Wouldn't that mean they could charge less then? Or are you saying people who play WoW are retarded enough to pay that much?

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Or maybe they are able to make a decent profit at $2 for a helm and they actually value their customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Wouldn't that mean they could charge less then? Or are you saying people who play WoW are retarded enough to pay that much?
    Why would they charge less if they can get the $15? That's just being a terrible business. And if you think your good-guy mmos charging $2 wouldn't make it $15 if they could get that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  4. #584
    Stood in the Fire Milzorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kerava
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Why would they charge less if they can get the $15? That's just being a terrible business. And if you think your good-guy mmos charging $2 wouldn't make it $15 if they could get that...
    Public image and showing that they actually value their customers.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    Public image and showing that they actually value their customers.
    I personally think $15 is cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  6. #586
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Why would they charge less if they can get the $15? That's just being a terrible business. And if you think your good-guy mmos charging $2 wouldn't make it $15 if they could get that...
    You are looking at it the wrong way. Since this is the first cosmetic bit if they charged say 5 bucks for it people would not make such a big deal about it. And because they wouldn't make such a big deal about it would allow them to release more cosmetic gear in the future for 5 bucks. People spend more money in the long run if they spend it in small amounts. Blizzard would make more money in the long run if they do it in small amounts. The is how all other in game stores work.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I personally think $15 is cheap.
    I personnally think you are a troll if you say $15 is cheap for the kind of stuff we're talking about in this thread.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    I personnally think you are a troll if you say $15 is cheap for the kind of stuff we're talking about in this thread.
    There's plenty of value beyond the helmet model. Just think of all the fun one can have because of the people who'll be butthurt to see you wearing it!

  9. #589
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I personally think $15 is cheap.
    In the current market of free to play game the helms are very expensive, especially for a subscription based game. Why do you think $15 is cheap?

  10. #590
    High Overlord Molyneux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    145
    They give you no extra stats, so it's not.

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You are looking at it the wrong way. Since this is the first cosmetic bit if they charged say 5 bucks for it people would not make such a big deal about it. And because they wouldn't make such a big deal about it would allow them to release more cosmetic gear in the future for 5 bucks. People spend more money in the long run if they spend it in small amounts. Blizzard would make more money in the long run if they do it in small amounts. The is how all other in game stores work.
    You don't think their sales department figured out the best price point possible? They didn't do it for $25. It's only $15. Why do you think $5 is the mark? Because that's good for you? If you want a lot of people to have it why not charge $0.50? Bottom line is that number isn't arbitrary, they knew it was the highest they could go before they would make less money by turning people away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  12. #592
    Stood in the Fire Milzorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kerava
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I personally think $15 is cheap.
    You may think it's cheap, but the vast majority think it's way overpriced, even to the point of ridiculousness. Ergo, Blizzard's public image suffers.

    Yes, there will be few people who are willing to pay that 15$. Sure, Blizzard's revenue will surge momentarily, but I believe that in the long run the influence will be negative.

  13. #593
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    You may think it's cheap, but the vast majority think it's way overpriced, even to the point of ridiculousness.
    You have access to detailed polling, do you? Share your sources.

  14. #594
    Right now on steam you can get dues ex human revolution for 3 dollars.

    The helm is 5 times that amount

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    You may think it's cheap, but the vast majority think it's way overpriced, even to the point of ridiculousness. Ergo, Blizzard's public image suffers.

    Yes, there will be few people who are willing to pay that 15$. Sure, Blizzard's revenue will surge momentarily, but I believe that in the long run the influence will be negative.
    Oh my bad. Didn't know you we're representing the vast majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  16. #596
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You don't think their sales department figured out the best price point possible? They didn't do it for $25. It's only $15. Why do you think $5 is the mark? Because that's good for you? If you want a lot of people to have it why not charge $0.50? Bottom line is that number isn't arbitrary, they knew it was the highest they could go before they would make less money by turning people away.
    Why do people keep using "lol u poor" as an argument point... No $15 is fuck all for me. They are looking at it in the short run.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  17. #597
    Stood in the Fire Milzorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kerava
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You have access to detailed polling, do you? Share your sources.
    The exact numbers are pulled out of my nether regions, but nonetheless, judging from the amount of negative response these prices have already invoked, I'm sure more people think the items are overpriced than not.

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Oh my bad. Didn't know you we're representing the vast majority.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see in the latest sub report.

  19. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I guess we will just have to wait and see in the latest sub report.
    That's been going down like crazy for a lot of reasons. It will go down again next quarter. You can't point at that and be like, oh it's cuz lol $15 helmets bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  20. #600
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I personally think $15 is cheap.
    Those items probably cost like 1000$ to create. Maybe a week from an
    artist to create it and fit it to all player models.

    It still costs 1/4 of a full Triple A title which cost like 10 000 000$ to create.

    I don't understand how you can think that's a good price for it. Even if the game
    would be free to play it would still be a huge rip off. Insanely shitty value for money.

    Every model, animation, texture, particle effect etc. they put to the cash shop is one
    asset that's not in the text scenario, dungeon or raid.

    So basically you pay for the content with your subscription fee which they then put to
    the cash shop so they can rip you off because Vivendi wants more money.

    Sounds pretty fair! Right...?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •