Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

So these new helmet cost 12€ in Europa store (something like 15$)

http://eu.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:5 (sorry this is a French link I'm french). It's 12€ per helmet and not a pack, isn't that too much expensive ?

Yeah I have to agree, £10 per helm to me seems a bit expensive for what they are, however I am guessing they will sell. I'm glad they didn't make a helm I like so far Plus I'd much prefer spending money on pets and mounts over mog gear!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're out already? o.O

Also £10 is a bit higher than I was hoping for a helmet. £4-5 would have been my maximum.
    Butts.

I would give 1$ for that helm, not more. They want 1 month worth time for 1 shitty helm? That greed...

How does this work though ?

You pay for a helmut and it's mailed to all characters ? Or it's like a heirloom that you have to mail over to the character you wanna use it with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    They're out already? o.O

Also £10 is a bit higher than I was hoping for a helmet. £4-5 would have been my maximum.
    Aye 4-5 was my estimate too, or what I felt was a reasonable price at least. But yeah they are live on the blizzstore now for 10 quid each!

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post

You pay for a helmut and it's mailed to all characters ? Or it's like a heirloom that you have to mail over to the character you wanna use it with ?
    As far as I know every character gets it. Since you may have a horde or alliance character on a different server.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, £10 for one helmet, thats basically the same as one months sub. wasn't expecting it to be that expensive.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I would give 1$ for that helm, not more. They want 1 month worth time for 1 shitty helm? That greed...
    They are mere 2€ more expensive than pets.

Yes, they're probably a bit more expensive than I thought, but considering the fact above, it's not really surprising either.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post

From the blizzstore page:

"This cosmetic item uses your head slot, has no stats, and works across all races and classes. Use the NPC transmogrifier to replace the look for your existing helmet!

Once activated, this in-game item’s key applies to all present and future World of Warcraft characters on a single European Battle.net account.
    "

Deleted
    that price is disgusting, and I can only see it getting worse as they add more transmogrify items.
    £1-2 per helm would be far more acceptable.

Deleted
    Thats pretty damn expensive. Sure it carries across all your characters, but chances are you won't want to use it on some of your alts anyway just because it won't look right (Flaming helm on a rogue for example). £10 is also **MORE** Than the 1 month subscription (£8.99). For £10 I'd expect a full gear set to be honest, but maybe I've been spoiled by DotA2's cosmetics.

Weren't the mounts like 20 euros or something? If so, how can you be surprised lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Thats pretty damn expensive. Sure it carries across all your characters, but chances are you won't want to use it on some of your alts anyway just because it won't look right (Flaming helm on a rogue for example). £10 is also **MORE** Than the 1 month subscription (£8.99). For £10 I'd expect a full gear set to be honest, but maybe I've been spoiled by DotA2's cosmetics.
    yeah £10 for an entire set sounds ok, but £10 per item is just awful, even for blizzard standards.
    dragonmaw - EU

Ahhhah, 12 euro for ONE ITEM like that?

Its a big joke... really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCDante View Post
    Weren't the mounts like 20 euros or something? If so, how can you be surprised lol?
    honestly? im not surprised anymore, i don't agree with the blizzard store at all as it is.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by DMCDante View Post
    Guess it just comes down to the individual For me personally I feel mounts and pets are worth the money, but the helms not so much, each to their own

The helms will sell I have no doubt of that, they just aren't as attractive a purchase to me than say a new mount or a pet, I do wonder how much the hitching post and see-saw are going to be though, I don't see them on the store right now.!

Gotta milk dat cow

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Gotta milk dat cow
    Blizzard has successfully copied the marketing paradigm of WoW private servers that sell gear for $$. Good marketing strategy, there will be tens of thousands of fanbois who will rush to spend their money.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

12 euros.. damn I thought max 4-5e per helm :? I know they look cool, but not that much.. :? Naah won't bother buying them, unless we get some crazy sale on those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!