Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    Unfortunately.. I think I'm going to be doing the same. :/ They will not change their ways until it starts to impact the amount of money in their wallets. Sadly.
    im nearly in the same boat aswell :S

been a sub since vanilla, the game is fine right now, but blizzard showing less and less respect for its customers. i think blizzard got too big in wrath and then got too greedy, they can never get as many subs back as they had back in wrath, but want to rake in the same amount of money. digusting. blizzard use to be one of my favorite gaming companies, their dedication to quality and to there fans was brilliant, but as the years go on they are showing less and less respect to paying customers. not unsibbing just yet, going to see how far the item shop goes.

im not going to look down on people who buy them, not going to be that immature.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Then the smart people in your guild and by smart I also mean the better players will likely /gquit on the spot. It's capricious and too random an act to make anyone want to stay. It would serve you right. If a raid leader in my guild were removing people because of the cosmetic items they wear, I'd remove them as well.
    Yeah he's such a terrible person for taking a moral stand against an immoral and greedy cash-in.

When did people become so damned servile? What will you let a company do to you before you react? 12 Euro for ONE helmet in a SUBSCRIPTIONBASED GAME WITH 7 MILLION PLAYERS.
    There is zero, absolutely ZERO justification for such a high price. I could buy 1 month of subscription for 12 euro. I could buy an entire game on Steam for 12 euro.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Buy it, don't have time. I have $ though
    Personally I think you must be mad to want to play a game where some of the best items will have to be bought and are absolutely divorced from anything you do or don't do in game. I realise these are just a few helmets, but this is about mission creep; about where WoW is heading and ultimately, its successors.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Yeah he's such a terrible person for taking a moral stand against an immoral and greedy cash-in.

When did people become so damned servile? What will you let a company do to you before you react? 12 Euro for ONE helmet in a SUBSCRIPTIONBASED GAME WITH 7 MILLION PLAYERS.
    There is zero, absolutely ZERO justification for such a high price. I could buy 1 month of subscription for 12 euro. I could buy an entire game on Steam for 12 euro.
    A stand against what? A BUSINESS is finding ways to make MORE MONEY. hmmmmm. I applaud blizzard and im sure they will sell THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of these helms. Seems like a very smart move to me businesswise.

Also if you pay a monthly subscription that means you support what they do, as you said yourself you can buy other games....so do it! If you find yourself playing this game instead its because there are no other games you enjoy as much...so where is the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    My raid my rules,
    Considering your immature behaviour, there probably isn't a "my raid" to begin with.
    And if so, I really hope that suddenly all of them come to a raid, wearing one of these helmets. Would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Personally I think you must be mad to want to play a game where some of the best items will have to be bought
    Are they ugly or are they the best items in game - make up your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

There is every justification for it - nobody needs it but plenty will be happy to pay for it. That's how the market works.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    im nearly in the same boat aswell :S

been a sub since vanilla, the game is fine right now, but blizzard showing less and less respect for its customers. i think blizzard got too big in wrath and then got too greedy, they can never get as many subs back as they had back in wrath, but want to rake in the same amount of money. digusting. blizzard use to be one of my favorite gaming companies, their dedication to quality and to there fans was brilliant, but as the years go on they are showing less and less respect to paying customers. not unsibbing just yet, going to see how far the item shop goes.

im not going to look down on people who buy them, not going to be that immature.
    Jesus fuck you unaware people are infuriating >.<. WRATH HAD THE MOST SUBS AT THE END OF BC AND LOST STARTED LOSING THEM WHEN WRATH STARTED.

Seriously, if you don't fucking like the item don't buy it... Do you really think that they would sink a lot of money (I really don't know what world you people leave in that you know guys that can do it in 1 night...) in something that won't sell? Are you bloody serious?

Want to solve the issue? Don't buy the bloody helmet, make a ticket saying that you don't like it or cancel your sub putting "Because of your Pet Shop" as a reason (yeah, you get to do that). If 4 million players quit with that reason, they will be giving them away for free while they come to your house and suck you off.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-07-17 at 07:36 PM.

Blizz knows they are bleeding subs 24/7 and they know they will never get back subs on a stable level, so they need to make more money somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I dont understand the hate. If you dont like the helm, dont buy it. Why look down on others who do buy it? I won't be buying it because I dont spend money on mounts/pets or anything that blizz sells in the online store. No accomplishment in having them and you look just like 4 million others...lol. That kind of defeats the purpose of mogging to me but to each their own! I dont xmog anything and i don't look like anyone else in the game!

On the flipside, if you owned a company and saw a way to make money, you would do it too, or you would be a shitty business owner.
    Don't you think you are being a bit naive in thinking it wont effect you? Yes, it wont directly effect you at this very particular moment in time with these very specific items. However, what happens when its expanded upon later and something you really do like the look of is obtained through the Blizzard store and not a reward from some in game activity?

Having said that, most of the people on the internet don't seem to appreciate the above principle so I just let them get on with it and keep my wisdom to myself

£10? Thats actually cheaper than I expected them to be and still much more expensive than they are worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a stand is one thing. Imposing his stand on others in his raid in the way he proposes is rather vile. Cosmetic items from a cash shop, no matter the price, are hardly the reason to inconvenience and disrupt the normal business of a raiding guild.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    12 euro for ONE item, in a subscriptionbased game with 7 milion players, without any other way of getting said item.

They create content with the subscription I have payed them with, that I have to pay for twice to get. Don't you see? They are making content that you have already payed for, then make you pay for it again if you want it. That's what your subscription is for, for them to make you content.
    It's mindblowingly terrible to accept it.

I could buy an entire game on Steam for 12 euro.
    Actually you could buy a couple of them, and some really good ones as well.
    Sleeping Dogs 6€, Deus Ex 3€, Alan Wake 3€

Those guys at Steam must be stupid for offering such cheap deals, they obviously don't know how a business works. /sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There is every justification for it - nobody needs it but plenty will be happy to pay for it. That's how the market works.
    No, there is no justification for it. None. Read my most recent post for why that is so.

12 euro for ONE item, in a subscriptionbased game with 7 milion players, without any other way of getting said item.

They create content with the subscription I have payed them with, that I have to pay for twice to get. Don't you see? They are making content that you have already payed for, then make you pay for it again if you want it. That's what your subscription is for, for them to make you content.
    It's mindblowingly terrible to accept it.
    They have also used your sub money to dev time on games like Titan, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Hearthstone and whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Don't you think you are being a bit naive in thinking it wont effect you? Yes, it wont directly effect you at this very particular moment in time with these very specific items. However, what happens when its expanded upon later and something you really do like the look of is obtained through the Blizzard store and not a reward from some in game activity?

Having said that, most of the people on the internet don't seem to appreciate the above principle so I just let them get on with it and keep my wisdom to myself

I do not believe blizzard will sell items that effect gameplay on their store for money. I see people jumping to this conclusion but I personally do notsee it happening. When it does happen, I personally will move on to another game. Not a big deal at all, It's blizz who makes the game, if that is the direction they would want to go so be it. Once again I dont believe it happens anytime soon but for people just wanting to argue and bash blizz they will always turn to the worst case scenario as if it were fact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Actually you could buy a couple of them, and some really good ones as well.
    Sleeping Dogs 6€, Deus Ex 3€, Alan Wake 3€

Those guys at Steam must be stupid for offering such cheap deals, they obviously don't know how a business works. /sarcasm
    Yeah those idiots at Valve, what do they know!

No-one but me and you will understand the point that was just made.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    These particular ones I consider ugly, but that is subjective not a matter of fact. The objective fact is that everything they put on the store is always covered with glitter and extra-flashy - so when those amazing 'nature-themed' transmog items appear which are perfect for my Druid, then I will be disappointed that I have to buy them from the store and not obtain them through in game means.

Hope that has clarified that for you ;-)

Deleted
    I only hope these cash items don't drain too many resources away from the game and we start to see the quality of regular sets and gear go down.

Pets are a different story to gear.

No, there is no justification for it. None. Read my most recent post for why that is so.
    I've read your caterwauling and been unimpressed. You have no insight into the development costs or their revenue targets for approving the effort.

The only thing you have insight into is your own personal value equation, which obviously has come up negative. So good for you, don't buy them. More than that, if the idea of microtransactions or cosmetics offends you, quit - I saw in another of your emotive posts that you've done so, so kudos to you for sticking to your guns.

Not one bit of that means that you have any insight in particular nor that you have any standing to make an overall judgement on costing and worthiness of effort. You've nothing but opinion, which has been noted.