Thread: Battletron!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battletron!

I am having some difficulty with this guy. Any suggestions? I can avoid the balls and do damage but not enough before he burns me down himself.

Deleted
    Pls tell us some more details:
    From what exactly are u dying:
    Canons/Lasers/Enrage/Softenrage (the damn 35% where he activate all canons)
    Tell us your itemlvl and spec. (maybe armorylink)
    Are u using all your cds and flasks and pots?

Canons/Lasers/Enrage/Softenrage (the damn 35% where he activate all canons)
    Thats Distruptron, not battletron

the damn 35% where he activate all canons
    It's 20% IIRC, only boss i didnt do yet, even with priest levitate cheese..
    am having some difficulty with this guy. Any suggestions? I can avoid the balls and do damage but not enough before he burns me down himself.
    1. If you are not fire, respec for this one fight, both arcane and frost are very suboptimal for this
    2. Try to blow up 2 bombs at start, then run in between, spamming scorch, procced pyros etc
    3. I dont remember for sure, but if he explodes bombs periodically, use either Temporal Shield or ginvis (depending on cd )

Quote Originally Posted by IsrafaelMage View Post
    Thats Distruptron, not battletron

It's 20% IIRC, only boss i didnt do yet, even with priest levitate cheese..

1. If you are not fire, respec for this one fight, both arcane and frost are very suboptimal for this
    2. Try to blow up 2 bombs at start, then run in between, spamming scorch, procced pyros etc
    3. I dont remember for sure, but if he explodes bombs periodically, use either Temporal Shield or ginvis (depending on cd )
    Definetly Fire for this fight, you can cast 5 sec before his shilds are up, then I would recommend alter time to nuke through that shit to get a good combustion. (if you destroy more than 4 bombs, he's gonna recharge which gives you another 5 seconds. After the initial combustion, just nuke two bombs and scorch the shit out of him. Should be easy with LFR gear nowadays, just make sure to alter time correctly. You can also use glyph of evocation for selfheal and maybe a druid gives you symbiosis, and of course you'll need the 30% heal from cold snap.

Below is my original comment showing how retarded I can be and mixing up Battletron with Disruptron. Oops!

Fire is recommended, but a skilled player can do it as Frost or Arcane.

The trick is to run around him and do the same rotation I suggested below (Scorch over Fireball; typical ST rotation). You can also pop a few balls next to each other (read: 2-3) to give yourself a window to damage him. Popping more will make him respawn more. Just keep running around him in a circle and you'll have him. He's definitely a tough fight, especially for undergeared players.

Fire or you CANNOT win.

Fireball should never be cast. Replace Scorch with it and do a normal ST rotation.

Stay away from him as he'll do that CC move if you (or a mirror image) gets too close.

Dodge balls and lasers to win.

It WILL take you awhile to kill him. He's the hardest fight in the game even being a last tier boss of Brawler's.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-07-17 at 09:46 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    He's the hardest fight in the game even being a last tier boss of Brawler's.
    What. How is moving in a circle and doing your rotation for 2 minutes hard? : |

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    He probably thought we were talking about Disruptron, given the comment about Lasers

For Battletron, it's mostly a dps check with Scorch, can use Alter Time to blow up some orbs if you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Fire or you CANNOT win.
    False.

When I did it, I actually did it as Arcane in 5.1. In the beginning of the fight I used AT as a defensive CD to heal myself back up, and destroyed 5 balls doing it that way so he would summon new ones. Then after he summoned new ones, I would use my Ice Block to get rid of those. He would then summon a 3rd set and then I would pop 2 balls use Cold Snap. If done correctly, you should be at 95%+ like I was. Then I just scorched spammed in the opening after that.

Frost Barrier would be your best choice too. Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopcommander View Post
    False.

When I did it, I actually did it as Arcane in 5.1. In the beginning of the fight I used AT as a defensive CD to heal myself back up, and destroyed 5 balls doing it that way so he would summon new ones. Then after he summoned new ones, I would use my Ice Block to get rid of those. He would then summon a 3rd set and then I would pop 2 balls use Cold Snap. If done correctly, you should be at 95%+ like I was. Then I just scorched spammed in the opening after that.

Frost Barrier would be your best choice too. Imo.
    Sorry man, scorch only for fire spec now. That is why arcane is essentially not viable for fight like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frostmeteor View Post
    Sorry man, scorch only for fire spec now. That is why arcane is essentially not viable for fight like this.
    Oh scorch is only for fire now? I HAD NO IDEA! No wonder I couldn't find it in my off specs. But this can be done as Arcane or Frost. Yes it's a hell of a lot easier Fire, but it be can done in any way. You focused on what spec I did it, and not what I did to survive which is what the OP was questioning.

I guess people haven't gotten the memo that for Disruptron you can stand on the edge of the arena as a ranged and avoid all the balls (still need to jump for lasers but otherwise you can stand still and just nuke). Works in the Alliance arena, at least.

As for Battletron, there is no point in running circles around him until around the 3rd set of orbs. Just cooldown through the first two sets (Alter Time, Temporal Shield, etc) while standing still and doing your highest DPS. Just watched a Mage do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    He probably thought we were talking about Disruptron, given the comment about Lasers
    HAH, I am fucking retarded when half asleep, sorry! XD

Editing my OP

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Mixed him up with Disruptron, sorry! I wrote that when I first woke up today.

No, Battletron is not the hardest fight, but for undergeared players, he's definitely difficult. Disruptron still remains to be the hardest fight, and dare I say next to impossible for immobile casters.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-07-17 at 09:47 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I am currently full Tyrannical with PVE trinkets and frost specced. I would love to be able to do this as a frost character. My knowledge and skill with fire not quite there.

Quote Originally Posted by NewportsDentarg View Post
    I am currently full Tyrannical with PVE trinkets and frost specced. I would love to be able to do this as a frost character. My knowledge and skill with fire not quite there.
    Keep Bomb (LB) up
    Spam Scorch
    IB if you crit a Scorch (finish casting your current Scorch first)
    Pyroblast on Pyroblast! procs
    Combustion when ignite is high (trinkets proc and you get a few Pyro crits in a row)

Frost will be pretty tough, but doable.

Deleted
    Ok i've got the wrong one first.
    No to the right battletron:
    You can do it as frost. And i also dont think its the hardest boss in the arena. (only boss i really recommend fire is nibble)
    All you do is clear 3 bombs and run around the boss. Get Pandaren Swiftness on boots. So you can run->Frostbolt->Run->Frostbolt etc. Throw procs if they occur.
    The boss has 9,595,014 live.
    So in 120 seconds you need: 79958 DPS.

My biggest problem right now is staying alive. I can get him to roughly 30% or so but I just die at that point. Having a tough time with this guy.

My biggest problem right now is staying alive. I can get him to roughly 30% or so but I just die at that point. Having a tough time with this guy.
    As Fire or Frost?

- Besure to bring a Healing potion (Last I checked, the non-brawler's versions are more powerful)
    -- If it crits, it replenishes so much that it may be useful over Intellect potions
    - IB or TS as much as possible
    -- Cauterize (and saving Ice Block to extinguish yourself) will also be a huge help
    - Watch them balls

Well, basically I just wrecked him but if you want you can make him blow some of his orbs by ice blocking early and then following the gap. You'll love disruptron when you get to him but just be glad they didn't put the warlock quest boss in the brawlers guild scaled for a 530 ilvl player and give you a pet that does everything you needed to make it all class friendly. So many tears would flow. That boss is terrifying compared to anything in the brawlers guild.

I hate how most high tier bosses require constant moving and extreme dps. What am I, hunter or melee?
    Anyway, I had troubles beating him in Fire, my dps was abysmally low. So I decided to do it in my Frost spec. Basically the fight was about - pop whole first pack of orbs using alter time with all cds, then pop 3 orbs in a row so that you have a window.
    Then it's just: cast frostbolt, move, repeat, while throwing occasional bombs and FoF procs. Save Ice Block for Cauterize, oh, and another important detail. DO NOT pick invocation talent. Let it be simple evocation with 3 min cd, its full cast will grant you 60% hp, which is a lot. If you start casting it ahead of a window, you will be able to blink after completion right before the boss blows a mine.