Thread: Tank flame

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tank flame

Hello there.

I have been leveling my mage, as Frost, since lvl 1 and I have been doing pretty good in dungeons as far as dps and dmg go. Atleast that is what I believe to be true. (Please do not tell me to go fire, that is not the point) In dungeons I do roughtly about 20-25k aoe dps, often 30k when lucky with ice lance procs. From experience on most trash tanks are very high on aoe dmg, and that is not the problem.

Today I joined Stonecore and on first trash I placed Nether Tempest on three mobs, placed Flamestrike on the ground used ice lance when it procced and arcane explosion (I find blizzard do less dps when I compaire it) I was doing about 17k aoe and the dk tank did 18k aoe dps, we were just at first trash and I wasn't fully ready and the rest were doing less then 10k dps. The tank then started to flame at me saying that I should go single target because my dmg sucked. the healer was shocked and told me to ignore the guy, prob bought his char at ebay.

My question is, is the tank just rude and I should just ignore it and that I am playing alright or am I doing something really wrong? It really got me upset, because we only did one damn trash and he started to flame me.

Sub-level 90 DPS doesn't matter because things scale weirdly and we don't have any point of reference to compare you to. Level to 90, then we can help you.

Use frost bomb for dungeons, the damage you can put out when it explodes on frozen targets is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Yes, I do understand that... But it's not fair to flame at me from first trash pack, I did nothing wrong... -.-
    I don't understand how people could be so rude and evil at someone they don't know...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Use frost bomb for dungeons, the damage you can put out when it explodes on frozen targets is insane.
    I doubt this is the main problem... I think that if doing 20-25k aoe dps is bad, then 30+ aoe dps will still cause him to flame at me... Was just first trash pack seriously...

10+ Year Old Account
    While World of Warcraft is just a pc game, it is quite strongly tied to the Internet... well, welcome to the Internet

I hate people like that who loudly moan for no reason (hi Dragon :P) and I always try to be nice and say 'hello', 'thanks for the run' etc. and lately I started to just be happy when people respond at all. Flaming you when you did nothing wrong is just plain stupid. Also, blood DKs have superior AoE while leveling to almost any other spec in the game so he was also being an uninformed asshole.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    So, as the healer said, I should just ignore him and be confident at myself as I did nothing wrong? I know prior to 90 it don't matter, but it does for me because it tells me I am doing alright and fine and it gives me motivation to train at dummies to how I prefer to play. I understand if your dps really sucks further in a dungeon you tell that person off or kick, but how can you show your playstyle at one trash that like dies so quickly.

It just sickens me how people can be so rude, yes I know internet is full of douches and jerks, but seriously...first trash pack, I never seen that happen to anyone before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyameow View Post
    I doubt this is the main problem... I think that if doing 20-25k aoe dps is bad, then 30+ aoe dps will still cause him to flame at me... Was just first trash pack seriously...
    As I said, don't worry about it. Jerks gonna be jerks. All you can do is use in-game tools to either kick, report or ignore them and go on your merry way.

Also, the fact he cares about trash dps, let alone sub-90 dps shows he isn't a very good player to begin with. No reason for you to care.

Deleted
    I did report him yes.

Anyone complaining about DPS in leveling dungeons is just looking for a fight. There are two things your description of your rotation is missing: Frozen Orb and glyphed Cone of Cold, both of which contribute substantially to DPS.

Deleted
    I use frozen orb every cooldown on boss and big trash, I only didn't use it on the first trash pack because as I said I wasn't quit ready yet. I do not use glyph of cone of cold, I use arcane explosion glyph at this point instead, I'm testing occassionally and I haven't had luck buying all glyphs yet so.

Next time you get an ass like that, remember the beauty of dungeons... you can pull a ton of mobs So wait for next AoE pack and while tank is merrily engaged in that pack bring him another 3 or 4 for his entertainment! Then when you wipe and said tank starts to piss and moan, say "hey from your earlier comments I thought you were a GREAT tank, but now we know you suck"

Oh and don't forget to Invis after dropping the trash on said hero!

What that does is shoot the assholes Blood Pressure thru the roof, makes them spitting mad. It makes me laugh so hard knowing I made said idiot furious.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're fine OP. Ignore that tank. I have been leveling a few toons in the 80-85 range recently and I am doing anywhere from 10k-40k depending on the pull and the class/spec. Most people in the dungeon do less than 10k dps. If you can do more than 10k dps on any given pull between levels 80-85, you're doing just fine.

Deleted
    Thank you so much for the responses, makes me feel better. I did leave the dungeon instantly, and I'm not mean so I wouldn't wipe other people and ruin their fun. I did report the guy so that made me feel better too, though I have no idea what would happen with the guy when I did but meh. It's been a couple of hours now and I'm not upset anymore and feel confident again, and I know he is a jerk. I somehow think he wanted to be top dps (as tank) and felt competed by me and told me to single target dps, I mean I don't know why else would I, if only to do lower dps so he could shine. ^^

Ye, most people do about 10k on aoe I noticed, I'm happy to be able to do 20-30k dps depending on frozen orb and ice lance procs to fasten the run. Priest also told me to ignore him, so ye I know I'm not at fault. Thanks for the help, now it's time to get past Cata and go to Pandaria, one more lvl to go. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    "It really got me upset"
    If thats all it takes u should just quit the game and internet as a whole and go back to reading books and watching TV
    Get a thicker skin and learn to "give zero fucks", it helps. It helped me :>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    I'm not a guy, I don't have that a thick skin. I can't say 'fuck you, I give no shit' but that doesn't mean I can't handle critic. I raided in hardcore guilds and there people were very horrible and I handled it, like I didn't give a fu...besides, I'm sensitive since I am mourning atm...so it does get me atm...

15+ Year Old Account
    As a tank in dungeons when I see dps doing less damage I realize ...

1) Im chain pulling
    2) I'm getting hit by everything and the sun
    3) MY VENG STACK IS NICE
    4) If dps don't out gear me with veng they probably have no chance especially in aoe situations!

Moral of the story... keep on trucking and ignore the ignorant tanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    If your activity is high, don't worry about it. Having a tank complain in a non-heroic dungeon where people are supposed to be experimenting and learning is silly...and certainly not worth the time.

For dungeons I don't really use CoC or AE, they are ok, but you have so many tools that you can use otherwise that do more dps. It also requires you to be up close, not worth the possible cleave damage imo. Drives me batty when on my alts and all I see is a mage running around casting AE only. Use your tools, learn the abilities so you can adapt accordingly. Our AoE is kind of mediocre anyway. (except frost orb)
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I hate people like that who loudly moan for no reason (hi Dragon :P)
    Asshole Sorry I'm so passionate about Mages that I get a bit... overzealous sometimes. *hairflip*

OP, don't worry about the piece of shit tank. You're not even 90 so your DPS doesn't matter too much. If it still gets to you, just go Frost, use Frost Bomb, and use Pet Freeze, Frost Nova, or your L45 talent just before the bomb expires to shatter it, doing immense damage to everyone around it.

PS: AoE trash DPS doesn't matter in the slightest except for Challenge Modes. That tank doesn't know wtf he's talking about, so just ignore it.

PPS: Outside of using Frost Bomb as Frost for Shatters and Frozen Orbs, Mage AoE dps is stupidly bad atm. We used to be the kings of AoE, but how the mighty have fallen since Vanilla-Cataclysm.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Asshole Sorry I'm so passionate about Mages that I get a bit... overzealous sometimes. *hairflip*
    Keep on keeping on Dragon - I enjoy your passion.............most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddalenko View Post
    Keep on keeping on Dragon - I enjoy your passion.............most of the time.
    Well at least someone does for a portion of the time
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.