Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The technology for mailing across servers is not there.

What IS there is the technology for Battle.net achievements. Already WoW achievements are shared across your account, it should not be hard with the new Steam-esque Battle.net Desktop to move those WoW achievements to being just Battle.net achievements.

From there, you introduce a new vendor. "Achievement Vendors." They sell you rewards from getting these achievements.

You buy an heirloom, you unlock an achievement for it. Then the vendor would sell you the heirloom on any other character for a crazy discount.
    That sounds like the easiest solution I've heard of. Why haven't they done this? O.o

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I don't understand it when they said that. You can buy pets, mounts, and the helms now (actual pieces of armor) from the cash shop that go to all your toons but Blizz says that they just can't make it so heirlooms can be sent because it's too hard.

Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    Some people may not notice, but there is a huge difference between items that automatically get mailed to any character you have like the store armor, and actually being able to mail items yourself, across realms, It's not even comparable, so please stop bringing things like this up, all it does is bring the little haters out who all act like they know anything to do with Blizz and just make themselves look stupid lol

Exactly. This is another thing people just don't understand. They are prioritizing Blizzard store technology over other content with subscription income.

Why make cross-realm heirloom technology or more heirlooms when they can charge for an XP boost potion that is. Making 85-90 heirlooms and allowing them cross realm will just diminish profits from the store.

Players SHOULD BE PISSED.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Exactly. This is another thing people just don't understand. They are prioritizing Blizzard store technology over other content with subscription income.

Why make cross-realm heirloom technology or more heirlooms when they can charge for an XP boost potion that is. Making 85-90 heirlooms and allowing them cross realm will just diminish profits from the store.

Um, dude... the guys who develop the content are an entirely separate team from the group that works with the online store and out-of-game services. Cool down a bit.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what, how about you wait for 5.4 FAQ to be released before you create a post like this. Myself, I am tired of people making a thread, just to create a huge discussion about something that isn't really that important. I question this before, then it hit me, what about Virtual Realms? You are able to join same guild, use same AH and same arena team. Maybe soon mail to each other?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Game goes f2p? I swear that day we have "Shit, now they let all the riff raff in, I rather have a HIGHER sub"!
    Yep. That's going to happen, and it's going to be so much fun when it does. I feel like putting it on a sig just so I can tell people just how predictable they are once it happens.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

An easy fix to this is to abolish heirlooms and set the experience rates fair enough so everyone can agree with it.

To be honest Blizzard is probably kicking themselves that they didn't make heirlooms a store item.

It would have been perfect - highly desirable yet not necessary by any means, only blue item quality so nobody can complain about Pay2Win (yet still better in terms of stats than what most players have during leveling), ...

Transferring Heirlooms would help fix the exp rate problems, but they're charging money for that now so they'd prefer not to fix it.
    This is what people mean when they say the cash shop is bad even for those who don't care to use it, there's implications beyond just 'I'll buy it or I won't'.

Deleted
    1) The problem is the mail system.
    2) You are not forced to server change, that is just a temporary solution to the problem, just level without heirlooms instead of wasting time QQing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    they just care about making more money
    And how does not being able to mail Heirlooms make them money?

They don't have the tech for characters to transfer items between servers.

How is that hard to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post

I truly hope you're joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Refreshing to see a post that actually adresses what the OP asks for - and that from somebody who even admits to not be a programmer...instead of all the non-programmers that only go "Blizz don't give a shit they R only wantZ to maek $$"

Newsflash: You make more money in the long run from HAPPY customers and THAT si something a comapny knows too. They also know that you can never please everyone. There is always the guy who is never happy.

Game goes f2p? I swear that day we have "Shit, now they let all the riff raff in, I rather have a HIGHER sub"!
    Well I am a programmer (c family of languages going on 10years now), I happen to also have alot of experience working with network code and databases, and I can tell you it's trivial.

The funny thing is even without any technical qualifications it's obvious to any person possessing common sense that it's trivial, because private servers running on MySQL and operated by "kiddies" can do that and more, it's laughable to claim that Blizzard with all its knowhow and abundance of resources can't solve problems a bunch of "amateurs" can.

Their reasons for not providing solutions are (a) they are at the bottom of the priority list regardless of feasibility or (b) they make more money out of not solving the problem.
    You take your pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing there's a store now simply list them in the store once bought ingame under a category of their own. That way you can get them on another realm.

it's not like having multiple sets of the same piece is game breaking.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Maybe if they showed they gave 2 fucks about their players, subs would stop declining for once
    And what makes you feel Blizzard doesn't "give 2 fucks about their players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Oh I donn't know....maybe the fact they haven't done a thing about this problem. Left people to suffer on dead servers for months and in general acted like they could care less about feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Then why not make you "learn" how to summon a heirloom item? Why not an account wide bank?
    They can do those, but it will require more code to make items out of thin air than just cast a spell (to summon mount or pet). Same tech used for pets and mounts will be probably applied to tabards and heirlooms someday I guess. Maybe even during next expansion finally.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And how does not being able to mail Heirlooms make them money?
    Server transfers maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Transferring Heirlooms would help fix the exp rate problems, but they're charging money for that now so they'd prefer not to fix it.
    This is what people mean when they say the cash shop is bad even for those who don't care to use it, there's implications beyond just 'I'll buy it or I won't'.
    Fixed or not, it won't make an impact on potential experience buff sales, people want to level up as fast as possible so they would still purchase the buff with full heirlooms for extra speed.

Seeing as how you can send em cross-server in 5.4 cus of the Virtual Realms feature, this statement is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Blizzard or any other company for that matter does not give two shits about anyone as long as their products still bring in the dough. Just look at the failure Diablo III was and how they measured the profit before testing their alpha of a game.