Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I don't understand it when they said that. You can buy pets, mounts, and the helms now (actual pieces of armor) from the cash shop that go to all your toons but Blizz says that they just can't make it so heirlooms can be sent because it's too hard.

Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    The framework is not in place to send mail from Server to Server. That has nothing to do with mail going from Blizzard to Server.

Given how old the WoW source is, yes, it can be absolutely very difficult to implement framework for such a thing without breaking a thousand other things. It's NOT as simple as dropping in some code. The reward vs. the time and frustration invested in to such a thing is hardly worth it too.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Pretty much this. If you can cage one item and transfer it anywhere you want even across multiple accounts on the same battle.net why couldn't you do it with others? Yeah it's all about the server transfers I know many people who farm the fishing rings and other looms just to transfer them over to other servers. Lets face it we will never see crossrealm heirlooms and the reason behind it is $$$$$$$.
    I'm amazed at people comparing pets you can cage to sell on auction or give to other players to BOAs. you cannot make gold having unlimited BOAs

- - - Updated - - -

Gehco with all the changes made to the game over the years, including today's blizzard store concerns, people saving time using their BOAs is not much of an issue. and It's not that we're lazy or unwilling to find or remember where the items are, i'm honestly surprised you feel the way you do about this

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    I'm amazed at people comparing pets you can cage to sell on auction or give to other players to BOAs. you cannot make gold having unlimited BOAs

- - - Updated - - -

Gehco with all the changes made to the game over the years, including today's blizzard store concerns, people saving time using their BOAs is not much of an issue. and It's not that we're lazy or unwilling to find or remember where the items are, i'm honestly surprised you feel the way you do about this
    Still, having unlimited BoA defeats the original goal of actually earning your item. You pay for what you have and that is what you manage. I level chatacters on a large plan, and I mostly just transfer a lvl 85 away from the server to level a new character with my heirlooms.

I can understand your view, but again, I disagree that a player should have free access on all characters just because you bought the heirloom once.

The cage idea wasn't an idea for selling, the original idea was not as a "cage". The idea was that you had a list containing your heirlooms, and then you "extracted" the heirlooms you needed from the list to your character to use. Of course this item would disappear from the list till it's put back, but the idea is good and you still have some self management.

And of course, I dislike looking for it, but I know it is a responsibility if you want to have this "perk" (if you can call it that). I mean, Blizzard already alerts you if you forgot mail or heirlooms on a char that you are about to delete. We don't need to much babysitting. And again, you'll perhaps bring up mounts and pets - and really, that's a luxury too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Pretty much this. If you can cage one item and transfer it anywhere you want even across multiple accounts on the same battle.net why couldn't you do it with others? Yeah it's all about the server transfers I know many people who farm the fishing rings and other looms just to transfer them over to other servers. Lets face it we will never see crossrealm heirlooms and the reason behind it is $$$$$$$.
    You might wish to scroll through the thread? It's already datamined that they are working on crossrealm mail via the new Virtual Realm system.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not the same coding once more, their plan isn't for you to just have all the looms by the click as soon as they are unlocked. Its for you to use your heirlooms you bought, managing them. As said before in this thread, not only by me, it's not the same coding.

If it were, then the heirlooms would be expected to be more expensive if they were to be on every character by a click without managing where they are, or where in use.
    This is, in no way an excution to not make the heirlooms crossrealm, its a request that is there since they exist. The mount managment just is an example. Do you work for Blizzard, or why do you defend this so hard? Like talking to a propaganda machine. This is really annoying, dude.

btw, i have on 3 different servers all the heirlooms, just you know where i am coming from. Your turn.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-17 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Well, when you cage a pet it is removed from your pet log. It's honestly the same concept. You can even have up to 3 battle pets, so you just remove 1 specifically and the other 2 remain. Same would work for multiple heirlooms (Rogue daggers/etc).
    I assumed everyone would think the heirloom system would be like this had they any experience with the pet journal. the game remembers what we have and don't have. when you're done with a heirloom on one character they could make it exactly like put in cage. the ability to dupe them would not exist

character hits 80-85. cage heirloom. next character use heirloom, repeated forever

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You might wish to scroll through the thread? It's already datamined that they are working on crossrealm mail via the new Virtual Realm system.[/QUOTE]

I still don't feel crossrealm mailing would be needed at all had they had a system for boas in place. crossrealm mailing would allow us to mail anyone on any realm or just send stuff to ourselves? i doubt theyll allow mailing to other people, when you cannot trade items to people you are grouped with from other servers except conjured/mage food

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    This is, in no way an excution to not make the heirlooms crossrealm, its a request that is there since they exist. The mount managment just is an example. Do you work for Blizzard, or why do you defend this so hard? Like talking to a propaganda machine. This is really annoying, dude.

btw, i have on 3 different servers all the heirlooms, just you know where i am coming from. Your turn.
    I don't even need to care about how many looms you have, nor on what servers. (if we were to compare, I have 7 servers with all looms on).

And no, there's no propaganda, don't worry. You can keep your tin foil hat on. But really, you can't manage heirlooms like the mounts after how you want it. There's possibilities as a previous poster said in having an extraction idea. But having the item just for free use no matter how many times you use it, would in my head, no be an option. You start with what you have 2 chests, 3 weapons trinkets or what you may have as the avarage player. When your list reaches 0 items, you need to return them before you can take them for other characters.

The game would be too lazy if you just had to pay 2275 JP and then you have the heirloom where ever you want and free use, that's too automated. I know it's been a request, and Blizzard has said every year that they have been working on different ideas. - and the latest datamine seems to be an idea that is a bit more successful than the others, seeing as it's made to be part of PTR coding.

And, I don't really defend Blizzard as much as you think. I more defend the playstyle. If it stood to me, the game should be harder than it currently is. It is already too easy as it is, would be easier if you only had to unlock to use the heirlooms - manage your heirlooms, keep control of them and send them to the different characters that need them. (Be it with mailbox or the extraction idea, really).

But, I don't wish for people to just think that they have it at unlimited amounts just because they unlocked it. That's how the mount system works. And the pet system as it was used in a previous example, where you extract the heirloom from the list (aka. cage the pet) is a better idea then, as you still have a maximum of items.

But for now, 5.4. seems to bring future crossrealm mailsystem - so lets hope they make it work.

All they gotta do is have a vendor thats account wide that you can exchange your heirlooms in and they will always be up for sale. Put em in each starting zone, done.

I assumed everyone would think the heirloom system would be like this had they any experience with the pet journal. the game remembers what we have and don't have. when you're done with a heirloom on one character they could make it exactly like put in cage. the ability to dupe them would not exist

character hits 80-85. cage heirloom. next character use heirloom, repeated forever

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You might wish to scroll through the thread? It's already datamined that they are working on crossrealm mail via the new Virtual Realm system.
    I still don't feel crossrealm mailing would be needed at all had they had a system for boas in place. crossrealm mailing would allow us to mail anyone on any realm or just send stuff to ourselves? i doubt theyll allow mailing to other people, when you cannot trade items to people you are grouped with from other servers except conjured/mage food[/QUOTE]

But, Virtual Realms will allow you to trade anything to anyone as long as their in the virtual merge. You can even join same arena team, guild or use same auction house. I find this to be a very good solution to dead realms, and crossrealm mailing system. I mean, if you join same guild, then you should be able to mail each other - else that mail perk is a little useless if you have multiple VR members.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    All they gotta do is have a vendor thats account wide that you can exchange your heirlooms in and they will always be up for sale. Put em in each starting zone, done.
    yes and that vendor could have everything grey'd/redded out that you do not have access to, just like armor your class cannot use/buy

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Actually, someone pointed this idea out earlier. It's a good idea. So you would need to hand in your looms to a vendor like this to have them unlock to new characters where they now may be.

Would be a good idea.

Gehco are the VR groups realms from the battlegroup we're in? the reason I ask is that most times I've transfered servers I made it a point to go somewhere on a different battlegroup. only being able to mail those in my current battlegroup is not an interest of mine

Blizzard has stated that they want make you actually able to send heirlooms cross-server, and not just implement a quick and dirty, half-assed solution that kind of sort of works purely for the sake of doing so.

Even if the technology was there and Blizzard could release such a system, it doesnt mean that it is within Blizzards "artistic" standard or works the way the developers want the system to be like for the customer. A lot of things end up getting delayed until Blizzard can find out a more elegant solution. Kind of like bag space for example.

And that's not just for pvp reasons. they are certain battlegroups where you constantly get grouped with people from servers with known trouble makers that spend the entire dungeon/raid trolling/griefing their party members

Gehco are the VR groups realms from the battlegroup we're in? the reason I ask is that most times I've transfered servers I made it a point to go somewhere on a different battlegroup. only being able to mail those in my current battlegroup is not an interest of mine
    That we aren't sure about. They said they would complete a Virtual Realm FAQ soon, with all the facts that people might ask. If I think, it might be 1-2 Battlegroups. But we don't know yet. Else, I'll gladly move some looms so I cover 2-3 VR's.

But sorry to be unable to answer the question. All we've been told is that you can join same arena team, use same Auction House, join same guild, same raids, be in the same city and trade to each other - and after the datamine that got highlighted, soon, maybe mail to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Blizzard has stated that they want make you actually able to send heirlooms cross-server, and not just implement a quick and dirty, half-assed solution that kind of sort of works purely for the sake of doing so.
    Indeed, as I stated, they wanted players to handle their management of items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Even if the technology was there and Blizzard could release such a system, it doesnt mean that it is within Blizzards "artistic" standard or works the way the developers want the system to be like for the customer. A lot of things end up getting delayed until Blizzard can find out a more elegant solution. Kind of like bag space for example.
    As stated before, it's been data mined that the system is there, question is more if it works. Currently it's a mail system.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can understand your view, but again, I disagree that a player should have free access on all characters just because you bought the heirloom once.
    That's all fine and dandy, I only have one question:
    "Why are they called bind on account?" (and not bind on server)

I'm serious, not trying to be snarky.

It seems to me the intent is exactly to have use of them on your account.
    (meaning any of the 50 characters you can create on your account if eligible for that armor class) after unlocking once.

And that's not just for pvp reasons. they are certain battlegroups where you constantly get grouped with people from servers with known trouble makers that spend the entire dungeon/raid trolling/griefing their party members
    We sadly all have that. Currently my problem is with the portugese and the french servers (I'm not a racist), where people refuse to communicate on english, and even at points preasure people to either talk their language or leave.

And there's always black sheep.. Sadly we don't have player phasing *smiles*
    Last edited by Gehco; 2013-07-17 at 08:33 PM.

They should make the items achievement awards, that way it will go cross realm without any hassle. God knows why it's taking them years to sort something so simple out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    That's all fine and dandy, I only have one question:
    "Why are they called bind on account?" (and not bind on server)

I'm serious, not trying to be snarky.

It seems to me the intent is exactly to have use of them on your account.
    (meaning any of the 50 characters you can create on your account if eligible for that armor class) after unlocking once.
    At start, they were made as bind on account. 1 account branched out to different servers, but still 1 account on that server (unless you have two, but would still count for 1 account). Back then, there was no function nor idea how to make them appear on other servers wasn't that strong back then. So it stuck with "Bound to Account". And I think we'll be stuck now with "BoA" forever, no matter what they change - we've gotten used to it.

But the "Bound to Account" is made with a short view at first, that your server with 10 characters back then, counted as your account there. You could still move a character with the item to a different server, and it was able there.

Yes, you could imagine that you would be able to use it for all your characters that you have. But when they made the heirlooms, they didn't even have a close step to a cross server system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    They should make the items achievement awards, that way it will go cross realm without any hassle. God knows why it's taking them years to sort something so simple out.
    Could be good, but still one problem that Blizzard wants people to take into the calculation. You only have the amount you bought, there's no "unlocks". You bought 2 chest heirlooms, and you only have there two (uses at a time (or more heirlooms, depending what you have))

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    Yep. Game designer as well. It IS that hard.

They might look similar to you, and even function similar, but they are very different beasts on a number of layers.

Where you see 5x 16 slot bags in your inventory, blizzard sees 4x 16 slot bags and a starter bag, which has it's own entirely separate code.

These helms are not heirlooms in the same sense, and have an entirely separate chunk of code for them, that has been designed from the ground up to be that way. It is not simple, it is not easy, and screwing up heirlooms is server breaking stuff.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab