Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Forsaken Paladin
    Goblin/worgen monk

On the second one:

Goblin starting area starts up right before Deathwing blows things up.

As for Worgen, they've been behind a wall for I forget how long. That wall doesn't open up until Cata.

Both are in game story limitations: monks wouldn't make sense for either because of this.

Even though Forsaken can be priests, they only are holy/disc due to gameplay reasons. Don't recall if I've ever seen a healing undead priest NPC before. Paladin's use nothing but inner light spells- something Forsaken can't wield.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-07-17 at 05:38 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Undead Monk, healing causes them pain and the are physically incapable of getting drunk.

Draenei Warlock, Draenei hate everything "fel". (Horde should get Eredar, and they could be Warlocks)

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I still don't take Troll Druids seriously. Unfortunately there isn't much to argue or discuss seeing as they are already in the game, but the only relation between Trolls and Druidism came from them sacrificing animals and animal gods to consume or take their power. But times change I guess.

What I'm quite interested in is why we don't have Worgen Paladins yet. The argument for most Worgen classes was ''they could become this class before they were transformed'', so why are Paladins such a exception? Yea yea dark curse, it may seem odd at first, but I have yet to find or hear of a valid reason against Worgen Paladins.
    Trolls can become druids because their Loa gods are capable of entering and live within the Emerald Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Forsaken Paladin
    Goblin/worgen monk

On the second one:

As for Worgen, they've been behind a wall for I forget how long. That wall doesn't open up until Cata.

Both are in game story limitations: monks wouldn't make sense for either because of this.

Even though Forsaken can be priests, they only are holy/disc due to gameplay reasons. Don't recall if I've ever seen a healing undead priest NPC before. Paladin's use nothing but inner light spells- something Forsaken can't wield.
    Enough with the "Forsaken can only be Shadow" crap, that stuff was explained by a blue post years ago - they can heal, it just hurts them to wield the Holy Light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    what about Druids?

Human druids? Dwarf Druids? Gnome Druids?
    Orc Druids? Goblin Druids?

I see no reason the Blood elves could not be druids. their people were druids before the Highborne split from the rest of the Elf Race.
    Stubborness and a lack of connection to the Emerald Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Any race that can produce a Priest can produce a Paladin. Forsaken, Gnomes, Worgen, etc.

As for Pandaren Death Knights, it's possible lore-wise. The Scourge is not extinct, there are still intelligent undead out there powerful enough to make Death Knights, as shown in the Eastern Plaguelands questlines from Cataclysm. It doesn't fit with the old 'Lich King did it' DK class origins in the game, but it is entirely possible. It'd just take a revamp of the starter experience to make them playable.
    A Priest order does not equal a militant order of Paladins. A race that can be Paladins has to be able to Priests too, but a race that can be Priest does not have to be able to be a Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Meh, after Blizz added Taurendins and NE mages with some excuse, i'm pretty convinced that Blizz just plonk whatever they want into the game, lore and/or logic be damned, and since i think that playing the character you really want pwns the overcomplicated cluster*beep* that is Warcraft lore, i'm fine with that, just open up all race/class combos already :P
    Night Elf mages were already in the game, as either NPC's or story fluff in regards to the Highborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That would make sense, but unless I'm mixing up timelines Paladins were there before Gilneas was even mention to exist anywhere. Heck, even before the first Worgen or Night Elves in Wolf form were even around. Did the Gilnean just decide that Paladins were too fabulous for them and just threw everything related to them out of the window?

Something still doesn't quite add up.
    It's likely that Genn didn't approve of the Silver Hand, or it's likely that Gilneas just didn't trust the other members of the Alliance enough to send apprentices to the Order, or even bothered.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

draenei warlock and undead druids. draenei seem to turn to man'ari pretty quickly with fel magic. i'm guessing undead could become 'druids' in a sense, but not like we play in wow. and it would have to take a very special individual, with all of their mortal care for the world intact.

draenei and tauren rogues aren't anti-lore at all, just look at mishka, from si 7. also, shattered hand on quel'danas has had stealth draenei for a while. grimtotem tauren have been rogues since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stubborness and a lack of connection to the Emerald Dream.
    All those things can easily change, if these races wish to, druism is no exclusive club all they need to do is study it, not to mention belves already created some warped form of druidism.

A Priest order does not equal a militant order of Paladins. A race that can be Paladins has to be able to Priests too, but a race that can be Priest does not have to be able to be a Paladin.
    That is not necessarily true, the original human paladins were nothing but priests, who were taught how to hold a hammer, sword etc. and wearing plate armor to fight.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

The Insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    All those things can easily change, if these races wish to, druism is no exclusive club all they need to do is study it, not to mention belves already created some warped form of druidism.

That is not necessarily true, the original human paladins were nothing but priests, who were taught how to hold a hammer, sword etc. and wearing plate armor to fight.
    That can of course change, but currently, it doesn't seem as if they WANT to change. And yes, the clerics were taught how to fight - so that they could join the newly established Paladin order - so there has to be a reason or a militant arm for a priest to become a paladin.
    *broken link*

i bet gnome Druids could use technology to transform into robotic-animals

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Any race that can produce a Priest can produce a Paladin. Forsaken, Gnomes, Worgen, etc.

As for Pandaren Death Knights, it's possible lore-wise. The Scourge is not extinct, there are still intelligent undead out there powerful enough to make Death Knights, as shown in the Eastern Plaguelands questlines from Cataclysm. It doesn't fit with the old 'Lich King did it' DK class origins in the game, but it is entirely possible. It'd just take a revamp of the starter experience to make them playable.
    That Priest part is false.

I'll give you Worgen (though it'd be hard, since the paladin code says that if a paladin willingly commits an evil act, the Light leaves them), but Night Elves worship Elune (She's the Mother Moon), they just use the same spells gameplay-wise as other priests (since making entirely different graphics for the same class for lore takes too long or whatever), and Forsaken Priests are all Shadow lorewise (Channeling the Light "burns" them, essentially making them Martyrs. THey're all "evil," anyway, so the Light no longer heeds them, they're able to be Holy/Disc for gameplay reasons. Hell, even getting healed by it (Like a Forsaken Prot Warrior or any Blood Death Knight) hurts almost as bad as whatever they're fighting). I guess there could be "Elune Paladins," but somebody would've figured that out by now.

The Insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    That Priest part is false.

I'll give you Worgen (though it'd be hard, since the paladin code says that if a paladin willingly commits an evil act, the Light leaves them), but Night Elves worship Elune (She's the Mother Moon), they just use the same spells gameplay-wise as other priests (since making entirely different graphics for the same class for lore takes too long or whatever), and Forsaken Priests are all Shadow lorewise (Channeling the Light "burns" them, essentially making them Martyrs. THey're all "evil," anyway, so the Light no longer heeds them, they're able to be Holy/Disc for gameplay reasons. Hell, even getting healed by it (Like a Forsaken Prot Warrior or any Blood Death Knight) hurts almost as bad as whatever they're fighting). I guess there could be "Elune Paladins," but somebody would've figured that out by now.
    No, they are not all Shadow Priests, that bit has been explained over and over. They can very well be both Holy and Disc, it just hurts like feck al.
    *broken link*

Tauren Paladins.

Oh, wait.

I jest. I know they are "sun walkers" and that they are paladins just because of game mechanics, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

Also any race as paladin or priest or shaman or druid that is not human/dwarf/high-blood elf cannot happen. For the rest, any race can be any class:

-Warlocks are mages using fel magic. Why can't an astray tauren be a mage, then turn into a warlock?
    -All races can be warriors (just because you're a goddamn gnome doesn't mean you can't hold a sword!)
    -Hunters. Bows can be handled by anyone, enough said.
    -Rogues. Which race wouldn't have assassins? Are they that stupid? Yes, this includes tauren rogues and I believe tauren should be able to be rogues.
    -Monks. Any race could pick up the path of the monk and instruct themselves on the philosophies behind this path.
    -Death Knights. Any race, no matter where said race lived, any of its (intelligent) members would have been turned into a Death Knight if the Lich King saw them fit upon death.

As you can see, paladins, druids, priests and shamans are closely tied to the lore. Priests are closely connected to the Light, so are paladins, and they have been human/dwarf/elf for all of Warcraft. Shamans are the counterpart to priests/paladins when it comes to lore. It fits orcs, trolls and tauren greatly. Druids should only be night elven. Tauren druids are meh. They don't feel that "druidic".

Oh, by the way. Those who say night elf mages cannot happen are missing something. When you roll a night elf mage, you're playing as if you're one of the Highborne of old that has been hiding for thousands of years in Dire Maul. Only with Cataclysm have they come back to help their "mage-less" elf brethren. If you say "Well, they start at level 1, how could they possible be Highborne?!".

Game mechanics, my friends.
    Last edited by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr; 2013-07-17 at 06:09 PM.
    Lich King: I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with a ...s...
    Arthas: Snow...?
    Lich King: Yeah...
    Arthas: God, I'm sick of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Tauren Paladins.

Oh, wait.

I jest. I know they are "sun walkers" and that they are paladins just because of game mechanics, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

Also any race as paladin or priest or shaman or druid that is not human/dwarf/high-blood elf cannot happen. For the rest, any race can be any class:

-Warlocks are mages using fel magic. Why can't an astray tauren be a mage, then turn into a warlock?
    -All races can be warriors (just because you're a goddamn gnome doesn't mean you can't hold a sword!)
    -Rogues. Which race wouldn't have assassins? Are they that stupid? Yes, this includes tauren rogues and I believe tauren should be able to be rogues.
    -Monks. Any race could pick up the path of the monk and instruct themselves on the philosophies behind this path.
    -Death Knights. Any race, no matter where said race lived, any of its (intelligent) members would have been turned into a Death Knight if the Lich King saw them fit upon death.

As you can see, paladins, druids, priests and shamans are closely tied to the lore. Priests are closely connected to the Light, so are paladins, and they have been human/dwarf/elf for all of Warcraft. Shamans are the counterpart to priests/paladins when it comes to lore. It fits orcs, trolls and tauren greatly. Druids should only be night elven. Tauren druids are meh. They don't feel that "druidic".
    I would quibble that not ALL warlocks are mages.
    the First warlocks among the Orcs were shamans, not mages.

i agree that non-magical classes like Rogue, hunter, and warrior should have no limitation.

Having only NE Druids? I think that's stretching it too much. How can a single race alone have access to that power? Are there no furbolg druids?

The Insane
    Tauren Paladins.

Oh, wait.

If you look at the druids of the real world, and classic fantasy druids - the tauren druids feel much more druidic. Oh, and they are part animal... A shaman is not a counterpart to a priest or a paladin, they have the same role more or less, and it depends on the individual beleifs of said race. Ie. a troll priest doesn't care about the Light, they care about the Loa.
    *broken link*

I would quibble that not ALL warlocks are mages.
    the First warlocks among the Orcs were shamans, not mages.

i agree that non-magical classes like Rogue, hunter, and warrior should have no limitation.

Having only NE Druids? I think that's stretching it too much. How can a single race alone have access to that power? Are there no furbolg druids?
    Are you talking with game mechanics/balance in mind? Then yes, what I said sounds very stupid but when it comes to lore, we all know Blizzard created tauren druids just to balance out the night elves being druids, because it would be unfair for the Horde -in the game-.

EDIT: Forgot about shamans turning into warlocks. Yeah, you're right there. Warlocks are mages/shamans turned evil by demons. There :P

- - - Updated - - -

[/B]

If you look at the druids of the real world, and classic fantasy druids - the tauren druids feel much more druidic. Oh, and they are part animal... A shaman is not a counterpart to a priest or a paladin, they have the same role more or less, and it depends on the individual beleifs of said race. Ie. a troll priest doesn't care about the Light, they care about the Loa.
    I must have derped since english is not my main language.

When I say "counterpart" I mean they are in the same position in the Horde as paladins/priests in the Alliance. We agree here, just a little derp on my writing, lol.

And night elves feel more druidic in nature than tauren. If you look back, tauren were depicted as savage tribal warriors (back when Warcraft 3 was in development/WoW was in alpha stages of development) with no ties to the "earth" or animals before WoW (which I think WoW made them druidic just to balance out elf druids), while night elves, by this time, were already being depicted as nature lovers, keepers of balance, protectors of the wild. That's why I feel night elves are more druidic.

Yes, I know tauren had Spirit Walkers as a unit in WC3, but those are more spiritual than nature-ish, which is very "tribal".
    Last edited by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr; 2013-07-17 at 06:21 PM.
    Lich King: I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with a ...s...
    Arthas: Snow...?
    Lich King: Yeah...
    Arthas: God, I'm sick of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Goblin/worgen monk

On the second one:

I'm about to introduce you to a special kind of retcon. Meet Mojo Stormstout. You might be thinking "Oh, but the Draenei Monks are probably suppose to be from after Cataclysm." Oh, man. Not so lucky.

"I'm just walking along, cataloging the local wildlife here in Azuremyst, when suddenly...

BAM! <Mojo mimicks an explosion with his hands.>

I don't think I've ever heard an explosion that loud in my life!"
    Goblins would have no problem being Monks, whatsoever. Worgen have "Harvest Witches" so having a few stray (exploring) Pandaran who stayed when the wall was closed is perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I guess there could be "Elune Paladins," but somebody would've figured that out by now.
    You're forgetting one major, world-shattering bit of universal lore. A Night Elf has free will and the society is friendly towards to any neutral Paladins in the world. All you'd have to do is toss a Nelf trainer next to the Warrior trainer and have her mention "learning so much from my time in the Argent Crusade."

The Insane
    Are you talking with game mechanics/balance in mind? Then yes, what I said sounds very stupid but when it comes to lore, we all know Blizzard created tauren druids just to balance out the night elves being druids, because it would be unfair for the Horde -in the game-.

EDIT: Forgot about shamans turning into warlocks. Yeah, you're right there. Warlocks are mages/shamans turned evil by demons. There :P

- - - Updated - - -

When I say "counterpart" I mean they are in the same position in the Horde as paladins/priests in the Alliance. We agree here, just a little derp on my writing, lol.
    Depends a bit on the race honestly. Take the trolls, their shaman are mostly either Witch Doctors or Shadow Hunters, they deal with certain aspects of the Loa, where as their Priests deal with another aspect.
    *broken link*

i though the Night Elf Sentinals were technically warrior-priestesses of Elune (i.e. Paladins) anyway.

on the topic of Druids. Nature surrounds everyone and everyone lives in Nature. I simply feel that a wise person atunement of any race cwith some magical an learn to access the power of the natural world. I think Shamans and Druids are very similar in that regard.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-17 at 06:22 PM.

The Insane

- - - Updated - - -

And night elves feel more druidic in nature than tauren. If you look back, tauren were depicted as savage tribal warriors (back when Warcraft 3 was in development/WoW was in alpha stages of development) with no ties to the "earth" or animals before WoW (which I think WoW made them druidic just to balance out elf druids), while night elves, by this time, were already being depicted as nature lovers, keepers of balance, protectors of the wild. That's why I feel night elves are more druidic.

Yes, I know tauren had Spirit Walkers as a unit in WC3, but those are more spiritual than nature-ish, which is very "tribal".
    No ties to the "earth"? Uhm.... Their main "deity" is the Earthmother.
    *broken link*

NElf Warlock
    Draenei Warlock
    Pandaren Warlock
    Undead Paladin

Those 4 come to mind right away.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

I'm expecting 7.0 revealed at Blizzcon. They want yearly expansions after all. If they don't reveal it, I'll be happy as it means Quality is still before Quantity in Irving.

The Insane
    i though the Night Elf Sentinals were technically warrior-priestesses of Elune (i.e. Paladins) anyway.

on the topic of Druids. Nature surrounds everyone and everyone lives in Nature. I simply feel that a wise person atunement of any race cwith some magical an learn to access the power of the natural world. I think Shamans and Druids are very similar in that regard.
    The Sentinels is just the name of their army. The warrior-priestesses are the Priesthood of the Moon, who are kinda like Paladins, but not quite. The closest thing to Paladins that N. Elves have are Wardens. They are the police of the Night Elves, they serve out justice and have a strong codex - they just use stealth and shadows and poison as opposed to the Light.
    *broken link*

could there be sha-tainted pandaren warlocks?