Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    none. lore evolves over time.
    Exactly. Just a question of the quality of writing support for it.

Some of them are easier than others. I mean, it's easier to come up with a way to make combinations that already exist as NPCs and make them playable than it is to introduce novel combinations. For instance, Blizzard needed this whole little quest just to give us some exposition for Holy Cows back during Wrath, but they didn't need to "introduce" night elf mages so much as rationalize why they are associating with the night elves in Darnassus.

I don't think there's any combination that just flat out can't work. The hardest sells, IMO, are Dranei and/or Night Elf Warlocks. Just so much baggage there, it goes to the most defining events in both societies' histories.

Pretty much anything is possible, if blizz says so. I mean, NE mages were outlawed until blizz retconned that lore, sooo yeah.. forsaken paladins could happen, since you already have forsaken priests, where they can use the magic, it just secretly hurts them or something. Worgen DKs don't make a whole lot of sense, considering worgen are immune to undeath. goblin shamans destroy nature, but made contracts with the elements, so that killed shamans having to be one with nature, pandaren warriors fight with anger, an emotion they were to avoid at all costs. I'm sure there are more I just can't really think of at the moment, but.. meh

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Warlocks are currently using Twilight magic which is directly related to the Old Gods. In addition to that, unleash the Sha is not something that does not sound Warlockish to me.
    No, they're not. Warlocks use magic that is demonic in origin, or tainted by demonic magics. Hell, even the Destruction mana regeneration passive states that "you pull energy directly from the Twisting Nether, increasing your mana regen by 600%"

Warlocks never have, and likely never will, use Twilight/Old God magic. You can't be a warlock if you don't use demonic magic - that's the entire base of the class.

Apologies if this was mentioned before , but we actually do have an "undead paladin" Sir Zeliek from Naxx , he is undead but the light still responds to him or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Meh, after Blizz added Taurendins and NE mages with some excuse, i'm pretty convinced that Blizz just plonk whatever they want into the game, lore and/or logic be damned, and since i think that playing the character you really want pwns the overcomplicated cluster*beep* that is Warcraft lore, i'm fine with that, just open up all race/class combos already :P
    Tauren paladins does make sense though, based on lore that was already there. They're just praying to the sun instead of the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    People say Forsaken Paladins won't happen due to lore because Paladins were immune to the plague.

But that presumed that the Paladin could not die to other means, like being swarmed by undead, for one. And Sylvanus is currently raising new Forsaken with the aid of the Valkyr, not by tossing a plague bomb and letting the victim turn.
    That would be sweet if Sylv got Uther or Lothar razed and forced them to teach the light to undead. That would be cool.
    Narye/Sofex - Zul'jin US PvE - 0/17M T17- 9 hr/wk - Exiled Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Warlocks never have, and likely never will, use Twilight/Old God magic. You can't be a warlock if you don't use demonic magic - that's the entire base of the class.
    I'm pretty sure you haven't paid attention to the newest skills and the Legacy of the Masters book explaining exactly what I am talking about. Malefic Grasp binds the target in twilight, twilight ward absorbs shadow and HOLY damage, along with lore mentioning that they hacked onto twilight cultists. Cannot see why most people refer to Warlocks as being 100% demonic as a class. Even destro is based around the Firelands according to the book and becomes fel colored only when you get the Codex questline.

To provide a direct answer, Warlocks may get in touch with Sha powers, but Twilight spells are already part of their arsenal. Both lorewise and tooltips.

Technically, the humans (and they still are humans, despite the worgen curse) from Gilneas used a varient of Druidism. That is why there are Worgen Druids.

As to the entire post:

Draenei Warlock
    Forsaken *Holy* Priest (Lore, not game mechanics)
    Forsaken Paladin

I think that is it, tbh. Anyone can do just about anything, though not usually in enough numbers to be considered a viable class in game.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Tauren paladins does make sense though, based on lore that was already there. They're just praying to the sun instead of the moon.
    You're thinking Druids. Paladins don't worship the moon.

I honestly dont think draenai warlocks are out of the realms of possiblity

Dont forget there brothers the eradar embraced fel magic and if the next xpac is set on argus they could reunite and reconcile with some of there eradar brothers and allow them back into the fold and forgive them though it would mean you could only play as a red draenai which would be badass.

If thrall could forgive warlocks im sure valen could too

Anyway i think lorewise i would have to say pandaren deathknights seeing that there is no way pandaren was around to be raised into a deathknight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It is a moon, all moons are called a moon. Paladins are actually supported in Tauren lore. Druids worship one eye of mother earth, and the paladins(sunwalkers) represent the other. If you fail to follow lore you have no opinion in this discussion.

I do not like Goblin Shamans and Mage Night Elves. Night elves are against those kinds of magics, if you want to use those kinds of magic you are either a blood elf or high elf. Now goblins jsut want money, and I can not see a goblin asking a Spirit for ability. Though it would be funny to see them trying to haggle one:O.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    it is a moon, all moons are called a moon. Paladins are actually supported in tauren lore. Druids worship one eye of mother earth, and the paladins(sunwalkers)
    sunwalkers
    sun walkers
    sun =/= moon
    sun = star

This race/class combo seems pretty implausible.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1322137-Bio-Lilith

Could happen though, I guess. Anything's possible in a fictional world. Right?

I too feel like it's absurd that Gnomes can't be Hunters when Goblins can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Space goat warlocks could happen just like human warlocks. They were always hidden as well. There are those that surely wonder of the powers that made their brothers join the Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    (and they still are humans, despite the worgen curse)
    Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. They are Worgen. They can just assume a human form. They immediately revert to being Worgen as soon as they cannot be calm and at peace, i.e. maintain the concentration it takes to keep up their human guise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    No, they mean Tauren Paladins view channeling the Light as the power of the Sun. Hence the name Sunwalkers. Not the literal Sun and Moon magics the Balance Druids use, which are Nature and Arcane power respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    sunwalkers
    sun walkers
    sun =/= moon
    sun = star
    I know? In the first sentence I was just mentioning that all moons are called moons, or Natural satellite. Hell if you really wanted to be technical a star could be a natural satellite for another star...which would make it a moon...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No Gilnean was trained to be a Paladin, then they sealed themselves off after the 2nd war and were obviously unable to learn Pally stuff from someone.
    Paladins were trained during the Second War. I see no reasons why they could not have had them. Worgens should really have them as an option, but ah well.

On-Topic: Pandaren DKs, Gnome Druids, Goblin Druids.
    Ultraxion yells: I am the beginning of buttonclickers...the button which blots out my wipe mechanic...the click which tolls my doom...
    Ultraxion yells: For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your button, mortals, and click!