Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i bet gnome Druids could use technology to transform into robotic-animals

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Any race that can produce a Priest can produce a Paladin. Forsaken, Gnomes, Worgen, etc.

As for Pandaren Death Knights, it's possible lore-wise. The Scourge is not extinct, there are still intelligent undead out there powerful enough to make Death Knights, as shown in the Eastern Plaguelands questlines from Cataclysm. It doesn't fit with the old 'Lich King did it' DK class origins in the game, but it is entirely possible. It'd just take a revamp of the starter experience to make them playable.
    That Priest part is false.

I'll give you Worgen (though it'd be hard, since the paladin code says that if a paladin willingly commits an evil act, the Light leaves them), but Night Elves worship Elune (She's the Mother Moon), they just use the same spells gameplay-wise as other priests (since making entirely different graphics for the same class for lore takes too long or whatever), and Forsaken Priests are all Shadow lorewise (Channeling the Light "burns" them, essentially making them Martyrs. THey're all "evil," anyway, so the Light no longer heeds them, they're able to be Holy/Disc for gameplay reasons. Hell, even getting healed by it (Like a Forsaken Prot Warrior or any Blood Death Knight) hurts almost as bad as whatever they're fighting). I guess there could be "Elune Paladins," but somebody would've figured that out by now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    That Priest part is false.

I'll give you Worgen (though it'd be hard, since the paladin code says that if a paladin willingly commits an evil act, the Light leaves them), but Night Elves worship Elune (She's the Mother Moon), they just use the same spells gameplay-wise as other priests (since making entirely different graphics for the same class for lore takes too long or whatever), and Forsaken Priests are all Shadow lorewise (Channeling the Light "burns" them, essentially making them Martyrs. THey're all "evil," anyway, so the Light no longer heeds them, they're able to be Holy/Disc for gameplay reasons. Hell, even getting healed by it (Like a Forsaken Prot Warrior or any Blood Death Knight) hurts almost as bad as whatever they're fighting). I guess there could be "Elune Paladins," but somebody would've figured that out by now.
    No, they are not all Shadow Priests, that bit has been explained over and over. They can very well be both Holy and Disc, it just hurts like feck al.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Paladins.

Oh, wait.

I jest. I know they are "sun walkers" and that they are paladins just because of game mechanics, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

Also any race as paladin or priest or shaman or druid that is not human/dwarf/high-blood elf cannot happen. For the rest, any race can be any class:

-Warlocks are mages using fel magic. Why can't an astray tauren be a mage, then turn into a warlock?
    -All races can be warriors (just because you're a goddamn gnome doesn't mean you can't hold a sword!)
    -Hunters. Bows can be handled by anyone, enough said.
    -Rogues. Which race wouldn't have assassins? Are they that stupid? Yes, this includes tauren rogues and I believe tauren should be able to be rogues.
    -Monks. Any race could pick up the path of the monk and instruct themselves on the philosophies behind this path.
    -Death Knights. Any race, no matter where said race lived, any of its (intelligent) members would have been turned into a Death Knight if the Lich King saw them fit upon death.

As you can see, paladins, druids, priests and shamans are closely tied to the lore. Priests are closely connected to the Light, so are paladins, and they have been human/dwarf/elf for all of Warcraft. Shamans are the counterpart to priests/paladins when it comes to lore. It fits orcs, trolls and tauren greatly. Druids should only be night elven. Tauren druids are meh. They don't feel that "druidic".

Oh, by the way. Those who say night elf mages cannot happen are missing something. When you roll a night elf mage, you're playing as if you're one of the Highborne of old that has been hiding for thousands of years in Dire Maul. Only with Cataclysm have they come back to help their "mage-less" elf brethren. If you say "Well, they start at level 1, how could they possible be Highborne?!".

Game mechanics, my friends.
    Last edited by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr; 2013-07-17 at 06:09 PM.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Tauren Paladins.

Oh, wait.

I jest. I know they are "sun walkers" and that they are paladins just because of game mechanics, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

Also any race as paladin or priest or shaman or druid that is not human/dwarf/high-blood elf cannot happen. For the rest, any race can be any class:

-Warlocks are mages using fel magic. Why can't an astray tauren be a mage, then turn into a warlock?
    -All races can be warriors (just because you're a goddamn gnome doesn't mean you can't hold a sword!)
    -Rogues. Which race wouldn't have assassins? Are they that stupid? Yes, this includes tauren rogues and I believe tauren should be able to be rogues.
    -Monks. Any race could pick up the path of the monk and instruct themselves on the philosophies behind this path.
    -Death Knights. Any race, no matter where said race lived, any of its (intelligent) members would have been turned into a Death Knight if the Lich King saw them fit upon death.

As you can see, paladins, druids, priests and shamans are closely tied to the lore. Priests are closely connected to the Light, so are paladins, and they have been human/dwarf/elf for all of Warcraft. Shamans are the counterpart to priests/paladins when it comes to lore. It fits orcs, trolls and tauren greatly. Druids should only be night elven. Tauren druids are meh. They don't feel that "druidic".
    I would quibble that not ALL warlocks are mages.
    the First warlocks among the Orcs were shamans, not mages.

i agree that non-magical classes like Rogue, hunter, and warrior should have no limitation.

Having only NE Druids? I think that's stretching it too much. How can a single race alone have access to that power? Are there no furbolg druids?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Paladins.

Oh, wait.

If you look at the druids of the real world, and classic fantasy druids - the tauren druids feel much more druidic. Oh, and they are part animal... A shaman is not a counterpart to a priest or a paladin, they have the same role more or less, and it depends on the individual beleifs of said race. Ie. a troll priest doesn't care about the Light, they care about the Loa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I would quibble that not ALL warlocks are mages.
    the First warlocks among the Orcs were shamans, not mages.

i agree that non-magical classes like Rogue, hunter, and warrior should have no limitation.

Having only NE Druids? I think that's stretching it too much. How can a single race alone have access to that power? Are there no furbolg druids?
    Are you talking with game mechanics/balance in mind? Then yes, what I said sounds very stupid but when it comes to lore, we all know Blizzard created tauren druids just to balance out the night elves being druids, because it would be unfair for the Horde -in the game-.

EDIT: Forgot about shamans turning into warlocks. Yeah, you're right there. Warlocks are mages/shamans turned evil by demons. There :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    [/B]

If you look at the druids of the real world, and classic fantasy druids - the tauren druids feel much more druidic. Oh, and they are part animal... A shaman is not a counterpart to a priest or a paladin, they have the same role more or less, and it depends on the individual beleifs of said race. Ie. a troll priest doesn't care about the Light, they care about the Loa.
    I must have derped since english is not my main language.

When I say "counterpart" I mean they are in the same position in the Horde as paladins/priests in the Alliance. We agree here, just a little derp on my writing, lol.

And night elves feel more druidic in nature than tauren. If you look back, tauren were depicted as savage tribal warriors (back when Warcraft 3 was in development/WoW was in alpha stages of development) with no ties to the "earth" or animals before WoW (which I think WoW made them druidic just to balance out elf druids), while night elves, by this time, were already being depicted as nature lovers, keepers of balance, protectors of the wild. That's why I feel night elves are more druidic.

Yes, I know tauren had Spirit Walkers as a unit in WC3, but those are more spiritual than nature-ish, which is very "tribal".
    Last edited by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr; 2013-07-17 at 06:21 PM.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Goblin/worgen monk

On the second one:

Goblin starting area starts up right before Deathwing blows things up.

As for Worgen, they've been behind a wall for I forget how long. That wall doesn't open up until Cata.

Both are in game story limitations: monks wouldn't make sense for either because of this.
    I'm about to introduce you to a special kind of retcon. Meet Mojo Stormstout. You might be thinking "Oh, but the Draenei Monks are probably suppose to be from after Cataclysm." Oh, man. Not so lucky.

"I'm just walking along, cataloging the local wildlife here in Azuremyst, when suddenly...

BAM! <Mojo mimicks an explosion with his hands.>

I don't think I've ever heard an explosion that loud in my life!"
    Goblins would have no problem being Monks, whatsoever. Worgen have "Harvest Witches" so having a few stray (exploring) Pandaran who stayed when the wall was closed is perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I guess there could be "Elune Paladins," but somebody would've figured that out by now.
    You're forgetting one major, world-shattering bit of universal lore. A Night Elf has free will and the society is friendly towards to any neutral Paladins in the world. All you'd have to do is toss a Nelf trainer next to the Warrior trainer and have her mention "learning so much from my time in the Argent Crusade."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking with game mechanics/balance in mind? Then yes, what I said sounds very stupid but when it comes to lore, we all know Blizzard created tauren druids just to balance out the night elves being druids, because it would be unfair for the Horde -in the game-.

EDIT: Forgot about shamans turning into warlocks. Yeah, you're right there. Warlocks are mages/shamans turned evil by demons. There :P

- - - Updated - - -

When I say "counterpart" I mean they are in the same position in the Horde as paladins/priests in the Alliance. We agree here, just a little derp on my writing, lol.
    Depends a bit on the race honestly. Take the trolls, their shaman are mostly either Witch Doctors or Shadow Hunters, they deal with certain aspects of the Loa, where as their Priests deal with another aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    i though the Night Elf Sentinals were technically warrior-priestesses of Elune (i.e. Paladins) anyway.

on the topic of Druids. Nature surrounds everyone and everyone lives in Nature. I simply feel that a wise person atunement of any race cwith some magical an learn to access the power of the natural world. I think Shamans and Druids are very similar in that regard.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-17 at 06:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And night elves feel more druidic in nature than tauren. If you look back, tauren were depicted as savage tribal warriors (back when Warcraft 3 was in development/WoW was in alpha stages of development) with no ties to the "earth" or animals before WoW (which I think WoW made them druidic just to balance out elf druids), while night elves, by this time, were already being depicted as nature lovers, keepers of balance, protectors of the wild. That's why I feel night elves are more druidic.

Yes, I know tauren had Spirit Walkers as a unit in WC3, but those are more spiritual than nature-ish, which is very "tribal".
    No ties to the "earth"? Uhm.... Their main "deity" is the Earthmother.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    NElf Warlock
    Draenei Warlock
    Pandaren Warlock
    Undead Paladin

Those 4 come to mind right away.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    i though the Night Elf Sentinals were technically warrior-priestesses of Elune (i.e. Paladins) anyway.

on the topic of Druids. Nature surrounds everyone and everyone lives in Nature. I simply feel that a wise person atunement of any race cwith some magical an learn to access the power of the natural world. I think Shamans and Druids are very similar in that regard.
    The Sentinels is just the name of their army. The warrior-priestesses are the Priesthood of the Moon, who are kinda like Paladins, but not quite. The closest thing to Paladins that N. Elves have are Wardens. They are the police of the Night Elves, they serve out justice and have a strong codex - they just use stealth and shadows and poison as opposed to the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    could there be sha-tainted pandaren warlocks?

The Sentinels is just the name of their army. The warrior-priestesses are the Priesthood of the Moon, who are kinda like Paladins, but not quite. The closest thing to Paladins that N. Elves have are Wardens. They are the police of the Night Elves, they serve out justice and have a strong codex - they just use stealth and shadows and poison as opposed to the Light.
    Priestess of the Moon pretty much was the equivalent of a night elf paladin. A holy magic user trained in combat, and Priestess of the Moon are trained to use melee and ranged weapons. That concept was kind of dropped in WoW though, as they are pretty much just regular priests now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Sha are remnants of the Old Gods, warlocks use Fel and Demon magics from the Nether - two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Priestess of the Moon pretty much was the equivalent of a night elf paladin. A holy magic user trained in combat, and Priestess of the Moon are trained to use melee and ranged weapons. That concept was kind of dropped in WoW though, as they are pretty much just regular priests now.
    Holy magic yes, but not Holy Light as in the faith of the Humans or Dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    No ties to the "earth"? Uhm.... Their main "deity" is the Earthmother.
    Alright, I just remembered tauren quotes from WC3... They do mention the Earthmother. However, as far as I know, this Earthmother isn't exactly "druidic"; more like spiritual, tribal as I said earlier. Feels like the whole "from dust we came and to dust we return" thing, you know? Praising spirits, shamanism, dancing in the rain around a fire, revering ancestors' spirits, doing rituals for a good crop this year, great hunts and hunters,etc.

Holy magic yes, but not Holy Light as in the faith of the Humans or Dwarves.
    Not all paladins use the same type of holy magic, but the concept is the same. Blood Elves stole their power from the Naaru, and then get it form the Sunwell. Dranei/Dwarves/Humans use the Light, Taurens use the sun or something stupid. Night Elves just use Elune and the moon.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Not all paladins use the same type of holy magic, but the concept is the same. Blood Elves stole their power from the Naaru, and then get it form the Sunwell. Dranei/Dwarves/Humans use the Light, Taurens use the sun or something stupid. Night Elves just use Elune and the moon.
    Tauren Sunwalkers and Seers (paladins and priests) does indeed use the sun, however the refer to it as the Holy Light or just the Light (just click any paladin or priest trainer that's a tauren in game). The concept of Holy Magic is indeed the same, but the difference is cultural as something a troll for example, regards as holy, a night elf or human might regard as heretical.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I just remembered tauren quotes from WC3... They do mention the Earthmother. However, as far as I know, this Earthmother isn't exactly "druidic"; more like spiritual, tribal as I said earlier. Feels like the whole "from dust we came and to dust we return" thing, you know? Praising spirits, shamanism, dancing in the rain around a fire, revering ancestors' spirits, doing rituals for a good crop this year, great hunts and hunters,etc.
    Indeed, however in case of the Tauren, the shamans and druids are very close connected. The Night Elves even comments on the fact that the Horde races shamanism isn't that different from the ideas of druidism - there used to be two npc's outside of Stonetalon, one a druid and one a shaman and they'd mention how related their different ideas in truth were.

And druids are very tribal, it's just that the Night Elf druids are a bit more.... Urbanized and imperialised really, due to the culture of the Night Elf society.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but they would have to be inable to use demons then. Or have their demons instead be sha remnants. Either way, too much work to ever see happen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)