10+ Year Old Account

Just a discussion on how WoW is now.

Hey guys,

Just thought i'd get it off my chest, but am I the only one who thinks WoW is going down the drain?/: I still play in all but I miss the old WoW, before Cata and MoP. I feel they're ruining it.): One of the biggest things that gets me is in the next patch, the single player instance? Like really, If you can't learn to tank or heal in a 5 player instance and take constructive criticism then you shouldn't play, I mean back in crusade I made a warrior whom I still have now and I tanked and I alwaysssss got called a fail but I also took peoples criticism to better my skills, now I tank Heroic ToT, not from LFR. I just think things are going down hill and I really want the old wow back./:

I heard that Blizzard was coming out with a new MMO in a few years like 2016 or something so that could be why there slowly killing it. But I also understand it has to end somewhere and they won't keep the levels going forever, but I still miss the old wow.

You're in a forum with a great deal of people who specifically argue about patch notes and balance issues while also proudly proclaiming "I haven't resubbed since 3.3.3 came out!" You're in the right place if you're looking for dissenters.

Deleted
    proving grounds is your reason for wow going down the drain? seriously? its a simple addition that allows players to improve their skills in tanking, dps and healing without having to learn in a dungeon/raid with other people and them getting flamed and abused for performing under par.

proving grounds is a great addition to the game so you chose a poor example. but no you aren't the only one who thinks like this and if you took 5 minutes to read the million other threads of people claiming wow is 'dying' you would of realised this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think WoW is better now than ever, there's just so much to do now. An no, I don't think Blizzard is killing WoW.

If you can't learn to tank or heal in a 5 player instance and take constructive criticism then you shouldn't play
    It's not your place to determine who should and shouldn't play. People learn at different paces. The point of the Proving Grounds will be to teach players the basics of a role. If someone leveled up and learned only DPS and then they decided that they wanted to tank, I'd want them to have as much knowledge as possible before stepping into a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that's not the only reason. It was an example. Getting flamed and abused is part of constructive criticism. If they can't handle it then don't play. I just don't like that idea but everyone has there own opinions right? I was simply stating that I miss the old wow, the WoW that WoW once was in Vanilla, Crusade, and WOTLK.

Deleted
    I think current wow is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesina View Post
    No that's not the only reason. It was an example. Getting flamed and abused is part of constructive criticism. If they can't handle it then don't play. I just don't like that idea but everyone has there own opinions right? I was simply stating that I miss the old wow, the WoW that WoW once was in Vanilla, Crusade, and WOTLK.
    Obviously you fail to understand what constructive criticism is. Being flamed and abused is not constructive at all.

Your not the only one who feels that way.

But if I learned anything from these forums....... they just can't take negative criticism about WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone leveled up and learned only DPS and then they decided that they wanted to tank, I'd want them to have as much knowledge as possible before stepping into a dungeon.
    That is an excellent point. but all I was simply saying was constructive criticism helped many players be what they are today. Hell yeah it'd be nice to not wipe because of a tank or healer not knowing what they're doing, but it happens. If WoW didn't want you to wipe they would make it so you didn't die. The fact that people call you a fail because you wiped them and saying you suck quit your class should only give them more of a reason to prove them wrong. I think single player instances would be cool if your learning a new spec for raiding or something but not for leveling up. People need constructive criticism to better themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Your not the only one who feels that way.

But if I learned anything from these forums....... they just can't take negative criticism about WoW
    Lmao, yeah they probably just don't understand and didn't play as far back as I did in vanilla to understand. Way to many serious nancys these days.

Deleted
    proving grounds will also provide a form of constructive criticism. if they fail at a certain point during the event then surely the person would want to better themselves so they can do better at the event and progress further? i feel this is a better way then joining a dungeon and having some douchebag say "U FUCKING SUCK TANK L2P FUCKING NOOB!"

Deleted
    I am really confused at why you think adding this feature means WoW is going down the drain.

I quite like it, I personally don't see it as a teach someone to tank tool, I see it as a way to imporve yourself.

Not every one can raid, not everyone can do heroic raids.

I really like the inclusion of brawlers guild for example.

Do you really think blizzard are not doing there very best to try and keep as many subs as possible?

Come on get a grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao, yeah they probably just don't understand and didn't play as far back as I did in vanilla to understand. Way to many serious nancys these days.
    I have being playing from launch and I think wow (and in particular raiding) is in the best place it has EVER been.

I guess I am just fucked in the head I guess?

Or is this just some massive nostalgia problem.

You do know you have been playing the same game for 8 years right?

What other game have you done that with?

WoW will never EVER have the fresh shiny new felling ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are threads aplenty about this and other things more specific to World of Warcraft. There are, as well, some other active threads about the Proving Grounds. So use the search function or please post in one of those instead of creating new threads. Thank you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."