Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
60
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Tell me how BC was Horde favored. Wrath had Brann, Tirion, Arthas, Jaina, Rhonin, all as HUGE characters in the lore, ALL of whom ARE or WERE Alliance, not to MENTION you got to raid a freaking Horde capital. AGAIN.
    BC was all about the Blood Elf redemption story. The Draenei's entire story arc was assisting the Blood Elves in restoring the Sunwell.
    Wrath was about Arthas. Arthas, amazingly enough, has ties TO BOTH FACTIONS. Alliance through the humans/dwarves/gnomes, Horde through blood elves and forsaken.

    People just assume race = faction.
    Hes a human or night elf? Well hes obviously Alliance then.
    Except its not that simple.

  2. #182
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The entirety of the Nagrand story line was horde-centric. Alliance were just there to follow the breadcrumbs back out.
    Even if that were true, which it's not, Telaar had plenty of storyline to go with it, Draenei got plenty of lore with Auchindoun, and Nagrand, yada yada. But even if that were true, one zone does not a biased expansion make.

  3. #183
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that I'm giving the Horde a bad name by being fed up with Alliance crying, is there anything I can do to change your mind?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Silly Sandrox, there was PLENTY of Alliance crying back then.

    So you decided to switch sides and fight fire with fire...i mean...tears with tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Or storyline is a major part of why some people play games.
    MMOs are a poor place to play just for the story, or point me to one where the story actually really matters?

    Epic events we had in single rpgs such of the bioware games or even blizzards rts games. no matter if its warcraft or starcraft a lot of stuff is happening and a lot of important lore characters are acting in it.

    MMOs are absolutely not made for an [epic] story, you can tell if you see how downgraded villains act in a mmo. The technics involed here are just too limited.

    I mean how come the lichking acts i wrath 1000 times dumber than in frozen throne? even though smartass arthas was in charge? He was only allowed to fight in a raid.

  5. #185
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,021
    I've already cancelled my subscription. Just isn't fear that I don't get to experience any good content because I happened to pick the wrong side.

  6. #186
    LOL thank you for pointing this out with me!!! Kazomir

  7. #187
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,095
    I bet they won't even let me freely fish up Old Crafty! bastards.

  8. #188
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    So you decided to switch sides and fight fire with fire...i mean...tears with tears.
    Pointing out Alliance whine =/= complaining or crying. Nice stretch there though. You should be plenty worked out enough in case you decide to try a real debate.

  9. #189
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I still dont understand how it ends...




    TBC and Wrath were not so alliance favored. They were balanced, because there wasnt any story developed in patches yet as it is now.
    First, TBC was on the old Orcish Homeworld after all.
    Second, wrath wasnt oriented anywhere, if it was, it was oriented on the Scourge, and not on alliance or horde.
    To claim Wrath wasn't alliance favored when you had the Argent Crusade, Tirion, The Ashbringer, Dalaran, Rhonin, Arthas, Muradin, Brann, and Bolvar would be a lie.

    But it's also the only expansion to slant Alliance, while Cata and MoP have slanted heavilly Horde.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  10. #190
    Bad writing, I wouldn't expect anything less from Metzen and the staff. Warcraft's story hasn't been decent since WC3. The Alliance is blatantly ignored and made to look stupid and weak just because Metzen has a hard-on for Thrall and his hippie orcs. I play Horde primarily and still think this is garbage because the Horde has no worthy adversary in this game, just a mishmash of idiots opposing them that should have wiped each other out long ago out of sheer stupidity.

  11. #191
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,850
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    To claim Wrath wasn't alliance favored when you had the Argent Crusade, Tirion, The Ashbringer, Dalaran, Rhonin, Arthas, Muradin, Brann, and Bolvar would be a lie.
    Most of which were made neutral, rather than favouring the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

  12. #192
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    If the Alliance took over Orgrimmar that would affect gameplay for Horde. Gameplay should always take place over story/lore. As for wanting to "return Alliance land" that's also ridiculous, because, like GC said, it would require them to redo zones.

    Maybe for 5.5 their should be a new raid called Siege of Stormwind, where the Horde goes into Stormwind, kills the king, and then burns Stormwind to the ground. Lots of QQ would happen, but in the end the Alliance players would keep whining about 'Horde favoritisms' while throwing Blizzard their money.
    I hate this kind of strawman argument that gets thrown around, nobody at all up until the point of this post had suggested the alliance keep Orgrimmar

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    To claim Wrath wasn't alliance favored when you had the Argent Crusade, Tirion, The Ashbringer, Dalaran, Rhonin, Arthas, Muradin, Brann, and Bolvar would be a lie.

    But it's also the only expansion to slant Alliance, while Cata and MoP have slanted heavilly Horde.
    Most of those characters are neutral, they just happen to be an Alliance race. That doesnt make it Alliance centric. The most you could say is that it was Alliance themed.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    To claim Wrath wasn't alliance favored when you had the Argent Crusade, Tirion, The Ashbringer, Dalaran, Rhonin, Arthas, Muradin, Brann, and Bolvar would be a lie.

    But it's also the only expansion to slant Alliance, while Cata and MoP have slanted heavilly Horde.
    To be fair over half those things you listed are neutral. That's like saying that since orcs are in the Earthen Ring it's Horde stuff.

  15. #195
    People actually play on the alliance side still?

    Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-07-30 at 05:17 PM.

  16. #196
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    To be fair over half those things you listed are neutral. That's like saying that since orcs are in the Earthen Ring it's Horde stuff.
    You mean like how people are claiming Cata was Horde biased, since Thrall was a shaman of the ER, whose ultimate duty was to Azeroth, with Horde coming in second?

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Bad writing, I wouldn't expect anything less from Metzen and the staff. Warcraft's story hasn't been decent since WC3. The Alliance is blatantly ignored and made to look stupid and weak just because Metzen has a hard-on for Thrall and his hippie orcs. I play Horde primarily and still think this is garbage because the Horde has no worthy adversary in this game, just a mishmash of idiots opposing them that should have wiped each other out long ago out of sheer stupidity.
    Sir Lothar and Sir Uther shouldn't have persihed that soon.

    The weakness of Metzens writing is, once he kills off an awesome character he does not replace it. So the world really feels empty and shallow today.

    No awesome new heroes and no awesome new villains. Only a small build up on wrathion. But he is just 1 (possible) replacement of many cool Villains that had perished.

    I actually wonder if metzen still does the story or just give interviews.....cause i cannot realy compare the warcraft rts story that he actually really wrote and wows story. Wouldn't mind wc4 and a solo rpg for once in that game universe.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-17 at 07:30 PM.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    You mean like how people are claiming Cata was Horde biased, since Thrall was a shaman of the ER, whose ultimate duty was to Azeroth, with Horde coming in second?
    Im sure that had nothing to do with Thrall being the Warchief of the Horde for the past 10 years or anything. Nope. Not at all.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    To claim Wrath wasn't alliance favored when you had the Argent Crusade, Tirion, The Ashbringer, Dalaran, Rhonin, Arthas, Muradin, Brann, and Bolvar would be a lie.

    But it's also the only expansion to slant Alliance, while Cata and MoP have slanted heavilly Horde.
    Argent Crusade- About as neutral as it gets
    Tirion - Neutral
    Ashbringer - Neutral weapon in the hands of a neutral protagonist
    Dalaran - Neutral at this point in time
    Rhonin - Once again neutral at this point in time.
    Arthas- Had ties to the Blood elves, Undead and the Humans.
    Muradin - k you win
    Brann - got me here too
    Bolvar - i get it

    Technically Thrall was neutral too. I think it's just more overlooked since he was such a major part of the horde.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    You mean like how people are claiming Cata was Horde biased, since Thrall was a shaman of the ER, whose ultimate duty was to Azeroth, with Horde coming in second?
    Thralls ultimate duty was to do whatever was best for the orcs.
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-07-17 at 07:29 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  20. #200
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    I ask myself this same question all the time. It's what I did a couple years back. Started in early 07', was Alliance up until mid WotLK, grew tired of the crybabies on Alliance, rerolled Horde, never been happier.
    Because some people have been "alliance" since back in Warcraft and sympathise with the Alliance roots and have grown attached to the faction over the years.

    I have horde 90s as well but i don't feel the same attachment to the characters or faction as I do on my alliance toon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •