Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    I ask myself this same question all the time. It's what I did a couple years back. Started in early 07', was Alliance up until mid WotLK, grew tired of the crybabies on Alliance, rerolled Horde, never been happier.
    Because some people have been "alliance" since back in Warcraft and sympathise with the Alliance roots and have grown attached to the faction over the years.

    I have horde 90s as well but i don't feel the same attachment to the characters or faction as I do on my alliance toon

  2. #202
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I'm sure that had nothing to do with Thrall being the Warchief of the Horde for the past 10 years or anything. Nope. Not at all.
    Doesn't matter what his past is, the fact remains that, regardless of previous status as Warchief, he was neutral in Cataclysm. At least that's the logical, objective argument. I actually think Cata was Horde-biased, I'm just playing devil's advocate for this particular point. Like I said before, Cata was Horde biased, but BC was neutral, WotLK Alliance, and MoP neutral. So far, at this point in time, Alliance and Horde are equal in storytelling overall. The score is 1-1 if you don't count the neutral expansions.

  3. #203
    Pit Lord Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gran Pulse
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Doesn't matter what his past is, the fact remains that, regardless of previous status as Warchief, he was neutral in Cataclysm. At least that's the logical, objective argument. I actually think Cata was Horde-biased, I'm just playing devil's advocate for this particular point. Like I said before, Cata was Horde biased, but BC was neutral, WotLK Alliance, and MoP neutral. So far, at this point in time, Alliance and Horde are equal in storytelling overall. The score is 1-1 if you don't count the neutral expansions.

    How was WOTLK Alliance-based? Because of wrathgate?
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

  4. #204
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    How was WOTLK Alliance-based? Because of wrathgate?
    Lots of reasons, as previously mentioned. Most of the key figures are or were Alliance heroes, not to mention the better (to me at least) questing experience on Alliance side. Except Venomspite, those quests were pretty fun. But overall I think Alliance questing was WAY better, like, for example, the Worgen storyline with the trappers in Grizzly Hills.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Doesn't matter what his past is, the fact remains that, regardless of previous status as Warchief, he was neutral in Cataclysm. At least that's the logical, objective argument. I actually think Cata was Horde-biased, I'm just playing devil's advocate for this particular point. Like I said before, Cata was Horde biased, but BC was neutral, WotLK Alliance, and MoP neutral. So far, at this point in time, Alliance and Horde are equal in storytelling overall. The score is 1-1 if you don't count the neutral expansions.
    More like MoP obviously horde. Cata less horde than MoP but still horde. Wrath neutral. Everything that happened was argent crusade who is neutral.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  6. #206
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Doesn't matter what his past is, the fact remains that, regardless of previous status as Warchief, he was neutral in Cataclysm. At least that's the logical, objective argument. I actually think Cata was Horde-biased, I'm just playing devil's advocate for this particular point. Like I said before, Cata was Horde biased, but BC was neutral, WotLK Alliance, and MoP neutral. So far, at this point in time, Alliance and Horde are equal in storytelling overall. The score is 1-1 if you don't count the neutral expansions.
    Cataclysm as an expansion can't be judged on 85-90 alone, ill agree that was pretty neutral because as far as i'm aware the horde didn't get extra Thrall quests in 85-90 that the alliance did not get.

    However the 1-60 leveling zones, the horde get far better zones (Silverpine, Stonetalon, Hillsbrad, WPL) with much better storylines which usually result in kicking the alliance all the way out of the zone whereas the alliance versions (Ashenvale) are pretty poor and result in a draw at best or facing a generic threat/overdone in comic relief (Dun Morogh, Westfall). In fact in 1-60 I don't remember a single zone of Alliance vs Horde where the Alliance came out victorious

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is the satisfaction of knowing you dethroned Garrosh, the one responsible for the atrocities not enough?
    No. The Alliance should get reparation and satisfaction for all the atrocities the Horde did in Alliance territories. Yes THE HORDE. Garrosh was not alone. If that was the real world, Varian would have asked that all Horde troops leave Ashenvale and parts of Stonetalon and a tribute of gold or ressources so that the Horde no longer poses a threat. The Morshan Remparts would owned by the Alliance and Splinter Tree Outpost would be destroyed and manned by Allied troops. Zoramgar would have been destroyed.

    But no, we get this nonsense about "balance". Yeah... It's like saying humanity was stronger during the Cold War. Well, it's only the last item in a long list of ethical bogus and weird politics WoW had since WotLK...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Even if that were true, which it's not, Telaar had plenty of storyline to go with it, Draenei got plenty of lore with Auchindoun, and Nagrand, yada yada. But even if that were true, one zone does not a biased expansion make.
    It didn't exactly concern me back then, it was more of a "what?" moment than anything, but it was very much true. Both factions got the same tourguide/breadcrumb bits through the zone onto other things, while the Horde got a glorious homecoming, a reason to explore the big crystal mountain, and other goodies that explained the actual point of the zone and its place in the BC storyline.

    If that'd been all it was, no worries.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Azshara never belonged to the Alliance anyway. What makes you nitwits think you ought to control a zone with a door into a Horde capital city?
    its called azshara.... do you not even know who that was?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #210
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    More like MoP obviously horde. Cata less horde than MoP but still horde. Wrath neutral. Everything that happened was argent crusade who is neutral.
    Please explain to me how MoP is obviously Horde. I mean really. You guys keep saying that, but you ignore the fact that Alliance intro to Pandaria is cooler, Anduin is arguably the most important figure this time around, after Garrosh, you get to raid our capital city for a second time, (even if nothing really comes of it), you have a freaking uber-powerful mage who like, goes berserker mode with Dal...don't get me wrong, Horde got plenty of love in MoP, but don't be a fool and say it's Horde-centric when it's not.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    You mean like how people are claiming Cata was Horde biased, since Thrall was a shaman of the ER, whose ultimate duty was to Azeroth, with Horde coming in second?
    Dude, Cata was horde-centric because the Horde steamrolled over territories in it. They were in the glory days of their finely tuned war machine. Playing through Silverpine, stonetalon, and the one zone what with all the plague, you decimated everything. Take no prisoners, lamenation of their women, yadda yadda. I had to play through Silverpine on my Orc before I knew what happened to the Worgen storyline.

    My one and only problem with Thrall is that all during Cata, the Alliance players who called foul on him being EVERYWHERE were told that it was okay, he was a neutral lore figure like Malfurion or Tirion (Who has had little to no connection with the Alliance for years, but that's another gripe for another time). But come MoP the poor guy can't even get to raise his orc child with his wife without having to stomp back and take care of things. He doesn't stay neutral like a lot of Alliance lore figures have been. He needs his retirement. And he can take Malfurion with him, because I don't want you guys to have to deal with that thing.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It didn't exactly concern me back then, it was more of a "what?" moment than anything, but it was very much true. Both factions got the same tourguide/breadcrumb bits through the zone onto other things, while the Horde got a glorious homecoming, a reason to explore the big crystal mountain, and other goodies that explained the actual point of the zone and its place in the BC storyline.

    If that'd been all it was, no worries.
    Nagrand kind of had to be horde oriented. Maghar was a major orc installment. Meanwhile the broken are technically neutral.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Please explain to me how MoP is obviously Horde. I mean really. You guys keep saying that, but you ignore the fact that Alliance intro to Pandaria is cooler, Anduin is arguably the most important figure this time around, after Garrosh, you get to raid our capital city for a second time, (even if nothing really comes of it), you have a freaking uber-powerful mage who like, goes berserker mode with Dal...don't get me wrong, Horde got plenty of love in MoP, but don't be a fool and say it's Horde-centric when it's not.
    We havnt seen anything to do with Dalaran in game. Actually you're right come to think of it. This is the second time weve raided a capital and come out of it with nothing. Alliance isnt getting story development whatsoever while horde is getting 100% of it. You should probably go outside if you think MoP isn't horde sided. There's not even a point to trying to explain how much Alliance has been cheated this xpac if you cant already see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Well there is the fact that the Nelves lived on Kalimdor before the orcs probably even learned how to make axes over on Draenor. But I guess that kinda slipped your mind.
    That argument is bunk because every land used to belong to the Trolls, and nobody is going to argue that we need to let the Zandalari take it all back.

  14. #214
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Please explain to me how MoP is obviously Horde. I mean really. You guys keep saying that, but you ignore the fact that Alliance intro to Pandaria is cooler, Anduin is arguably the most important figure this time around, after Garrosh, you get to raid our capital city for a second time, (even if nothing really comes of it), you have a freaking uber-powerful mage who like, goes berserker mode with Dal...don't get me wrong, Horde got plenty of love in MoP, but don't be a fool and say it's Horde-centric when it's not.
    I disagree about a cooler alliance intro quest, after doing both I think the horde version is better as the Hozen have a far more interesting dynamic where you become one of their leaders however I don't really think the difference is great. Anduin at this point may as well be considered neutral.

    My issue with MoP is how 5.3 and 5.4 are handled.

    5.3 was the biggest joke yet, the horde got to fight with their leaders and heroes to win back their towns that they started in with interesting dialogue about recruiting for the war.

    The alliance got to control a robo kitty to look at a couple things then have a chat to Vol'jin.

    It was even worse before Blizz changed it where Vol'jin pretty much said "shut up and follow my orders or fuck off we don't need you" until the Alliance players rightfully moaned and got it changed.

    5.4 is more that it literally makes 0 sense to anybody why the outcome is what it is, the alliance are clearly the superior force at the end of the raid yet willingly withdraw despite everything has happened without sorting out a peace treaty or a return of land

  15. #215
    "Isn't Falstad dead?"

    that's a pure indication of Blizz devs or so called "story tellers" not knowing WHAT THE F*** they are talking about or doing in the game.
    all they care about is the MONEY!!!

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Nagrand kind of had to be horde oriented. Maghar was a major orc installment. Meanwhile the broken are technically neutral.

    - - - Updated - - -



    We havnt seen anything to do with Dalaran in game. Actually you're right come to think of it. This is the second time weve raided a capital and come out of it with nothing. Alliance isnt getting story development whatsoever while horde is getting 100% of it. You should probably go outside if you think MoP isn't horde sided. There's not even a point to trying to explain how much Alliance has been cheated this xpac if you cant already see it.
    the alliance has had the best lore this expansion. ive never felt more badass as an alliance player than this expansion and the alliance kicked butt this entire expansion, they pretty much didnt lose a single battle besides theramore and they completely won the pandaren expedition.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Please explain to me how MoP is obviously Horde. I mean really. You guys keep saying that, but you ignore the fact that Alliance intro to Pandaria is cooler, Anduin is arguably the most important figure this time around, after Garrosh, you get to raid our capital city for a second time, (even if nothing really comes of it), you have a freaking uber-powerful mage who like, goes berserker mode with Dal...don't get me wrong, Horde got plenty of love in MoP, but don't be a fool and say it's Horde-centric when it's not.
    The opening to the Alliance in Pandaria is great. But the problem that I personally have is... Well, can you tell me what Geblin Mekkatorque is doing for the Alliance War effort? What about Velen? Genn Greymane? Doing my quests through Pandaria I haven't seen them do much... But I've seen Garrosh fight with Baine, I've seen what happens after Garrosh treats the blood elves like they're cannon fodder and Lor'themar's actions on the thunder island. Vol'jin got a shank to the throat before lying low to go hunting later. Through the short stories I've read that Gallywiz is hunting for artefacts to keep them away from Garrosh. I've seen more about the horde leaders through my in game playthrough than I have about the Alliance ones, as an alliance player. It does not seem, to me, that an alliance plot is as interesting when most of our quests involve us spying on the horde to see what they're doing.

  18. #218
    I claim Alliance bias. They should have to pay the Horde tribute for daring to set foot in our sovereign land.

    Also, Highwarkingchief Big-Chin should dance the hully-gully on top of the remains of Loch Modan dam wearing a pink tutu. Just cos.

  19. #219
    Banned Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,777
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    You guys keep saying that, but you ignore the fact that Alliance intro to Pandaria is cooler
    The Alliance and Horde intros are pretty much equal. The Alliance swoops in on a Zeppelin and orchestrates an attack against an established Horde base and takes it. The Horde swoops in on a Zeppelin and orchestrates an attack against an established Alliance base and takes it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Anduin is arguably the most important figure this time around, after Garrosh
    And yet, just as with most other significant Alliance figures, he's made neutral and on par with Wrathion and Sunwalker Dezco in terms of neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    you get to raid our capital city for a second time, (even if nothing really comes of it)
    And the point made in your brackets is what matters. Horde got to raid Theramore; resulting in its total destruction. Horde got to raid Gilneas; rendering it a ghost town. Hell, prior to WoW itself, the Orcs raided Stormwind and left it in ruins. The only reason the Defias Brotherhood exists is because of what followed that ransacking. So in total; the Alliance have lost around 3 cities in lore, and managed to reclaim/rebuild one of them. Two Horde cities have been invaded by the Alliance; Undercity and Orgrimmar. With the former, we unwittingly help the Forsaken take back the Undercity thanks to us routing the demons and Jaina teleporting us out just as Varian had the notion to eliminate Thrall/Sylvanas there and then. The second, Orgrimmar, we willingly invade alongside the Horde, and we ultimately help them take it back.

    These are the distinctions to be made.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    you have a freaking uber-powerful mage who like, goes berserker mode with Dal
    And who is then calmed down by her Blue dragon lover and returned to her neutral state once more; par for the course when it comes to the Alliance.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    but don't be a fool and say it's Horde-centric when it's not.
    I won't be a fool, but I will say it's Horde-centric.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    That argument is bunk because every land used to belong to the old gods, and nobody is going to argue that we need to let them take it all back.
    fixed that for you. before the titans came and rescued them the trolls tauren and furbolg were just insects under the old gods boots. nothing more than play things
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •