Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Field Marshal FiftyDKPMinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Onyxia's layer, as Blackwing Descent was merely a setback!
    Posts
    67

    Wall of Text Incomming, you've been warned!

    So from the results of this war:

    Alliance lose Theramore, but regain Dalaran and the Kirin Tor.

    The Horde lose Garrosh and, (SHOULD) be replaced by Basic Campfire

    Honestly, I believe The Horde got the better end of the stick. The Alliance had an exchange for cities, while The Horde got rid of a racist dictator that was a stone throws distance from the demon-blood drinking horde.

    The war-front on Pandaria, at first glance, is a draw, but the Alliance achieved their war goal of keeping the Horde from painting the continent red, which the Horde failed to do.

    If the rumors are true, this war should've been bloodier, especially since I remember Sky Admiral Rodgers is one for vengeance, (surprised she didn't get on the chopping block for it too) to show we're too weak and need to focus on ridding the dermons from err lernds, by the hand of Neutral Turalyon and Alleria, with Med'an leading the charge as Thrall's apprentice, (Horde fanbois are screeching with joy).

    What would've been reasonable is to have a similar event like Theramore, but not as a crater, and more of a ruins in say, patch 5.2.

    Example :

    Sky-Admiral Rodgers takes The Skyfire and the 105th Alliance Navy division out to "disable" The Horde's large ranged missile capabilities and their center of Naval production in Kalimdor, effectively putting a Quarantine on the continent by conventional means. Garrosh meanwhile gathers the 114th Air division, ( I don't know military ranks, don't flame me breh) with 5-7 gunships spearheading the defense.

    However, as a repeat of the twilight highlands quest chain for the horde, Goblin engineers and technicians fail to get most of the air fleet operational by the time the Alliance reach the Harbor, which the Alliance scenario starts and totally ransacks the place for any vital Intel, and obliterates the massive cannon. The hero, meanwhile, returns with a captive goblin captain, which is tied up and you listen in on the interrogation via radio, (which is not pleasant, and as brutal as would be by Garrosh or by the Kor'Kron). Meanwhile, you are sent onto a submarine to sink any Horde ships off the coast of Durotar, civilian or not, as to not raise any suspicion of the Ambush, then sent back to Stormwind telling Varian of the victory and the secrets you've learned. You're also told not to speak of the actions of Rodgers, as they get what they deserve).

    The Horde one can start when the skeleton force left behind gets cleaned up by the Horde fleet, but the orcish captain of, say the right flank, sees a lone transport and gets cocky and pulls off to finish it off while you went in to scout of the ruins of the town. Suddenly, Alliance ambush off the coast. The Alliance never retreated, and the Horde fell right in. The Horde pull out, losing 4/5ths of the remaining fore in the process, running back into the gates of Orgrimmar with the shame of defeat. You, the hero, don't return, as spared by the Blood Elf leader of the entire division ports you to Silvermoon to hide out until Vol'jin is ready to spark rebellion, and is publically executed by the Warchief for his failure in the mission.
    This shows both a progression of story with very little work to actually put out, and gives the Alliance a sense of victory, while enticing the thought of rebellion into the Horde players as a means of survival, and not just because Metzen said so. The Alliance were never the good guys. We're all a shade of grey. Atrocities work both ways, and would make more sense lore wise for increasing rebellion within the Horde, as people usually tend to disagree violently when the war begins to come to their shores, especially in an ugly way.

    This one little thing would've left many Alliance satisfied, and not leaving the whole, "not the face" stigma that's been rampaging in TBC, Cata and MoP.
    Hi, I'm scissors! Nerf rock, paper's fine. <---Class balance in a nutshell on the WoW forums.

  2. #242
    So once again the voluptuous Jaina Proudslut stops another major battle from happening. When will we finally get to off this stupid blonde for treason? She got NUKED and still won't let the Alliance fight the Horde... strange how she's the sole survivor of the Theramore incident ISNT IT?! I'd say she's been a Horde spy ever since Thrall knocked her up in Wotlk (that's when all this pacifism started.) The Alliance will never come close to it's former glory until Jaina is dealt with for good, the problem is within our own ranks.

  3. #243
    No it wouldn't be lame, people understands timeline. Geez it would be more lame to have 100 zones surounding garrosh and then not have him in the throne the whole time. This is level 90 content!! we understand!!! You make bad stories cause of this? You throw legacies away.

    You could've atleast said that the fighting in zones like ashenvale and gilneas has stopped. And certain properties will be returned and some will be kept. Like say Orcs give back that ne village near the lake but keep splinter tree.
    Last edited by Korgesh; 2013-07-17 at 08:10 PM.

  4. #244
    Stood in the Fire silver9172's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    442
    Hey guys! Let's remake all the zones for the next xpac so that the very, very small minority of people posting on MMO Champ forums about how the leveling zones are still from cata will be happy!

    I can go to Outland or Northrend and still see Illidan and Arthas, why are people not crying about that?

    Seriously though, I'm huge on lore, but I'd rather see them develop end game content for in the game than revamped low level zones again.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    So once again the voluptuous Jaina Proudslut stops another major battle from happening. When will we finally get to off this stupid blonde for treason? She got NUKED and still won't let the Alliance fight the Horde... strange how she's the sole survivor of the Theramore incident ISNT IT?! I'd say she's been a Horde spy ever since Thrall knocked her up in Wotlk (that's when all this pacifism started.) The Alliance will never come close to it's former glory until Jaina is dealt with for good, the problem is within our own ranks.
    I think the shocker here is you'll find out it was jaina that wanted blood and varian that didn't allow the battle

  6. #246
    Btw, talking about mop is a horde addon......where is my Siege of Stormwind? As a horde player, the SoO made me quit in disgust. The last we need to progress the alliance vs horde story is a civil war at home.

    I'd rather have some lands stolen back by the alliance, but in return, get the chance to invade their capitol, too.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-17 at 08:13 PM.

  7. #247
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    Hey guys! Let's remake all the zones for the next xpac so that the very, very small minority of people posting on MMO Champ forums about how the leveling zones are still from cata will be happy!

    I can go to Outland or Northrend and still see Illidan and Arthas, why are people not crying about that?

    Seriously though, I'm huge on lore, but I'd rather see them develop end game content for in the game than revamped low level zones again.
    Who are you responding to?

    Nearly everybody in this thread agrees that even though it might not be reflected in game, it should be mentioned and explained

  8. #248
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    I think the shocker here is you'll find out it was jaina that wanted blood and varian that didn't allow the battle
    I side with Jaina. We should push the advantage and recover Lordaeron from the Scourge 2.0.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  9. #249
    It's getting more ridiculous with each patch. I sure can't wait to see patch 6.0

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    OK, new idea. Let's just all get along, spread love and cheer and joy, and be one big happy faction!

    We shall be known as the Alliance of Happiness, and no one can say Horde bias to that because Horde's not even in the title, but Alliance is.
    Honestly, I want this to happen, though it seems you don't from how you worded things.

    If the next expansion really is the return of the legion, it would make a lot of sense to put up a united front. There would be plenty of room for storyline about racial issues between the previous factions, while at the same time they are forced to work together to prevent them all from dying.

  11. #251
    superchief If you did the alliance operation shieldwall storylines all the way to exalted you'd find out that jaina is now the alliance loose cannon and varian the "voice of reason"

  12. #252
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by fffxc2 View Post
    Honestly, I want this to happen, though it seems you don't from how you worded things.

    If the next expansion really is the return of the legion, it would make a lot of sense to put up a united front. There would be plenty of room for storyline about racial issues between the previous factions, while at the same time they are forced to work together to prevent them all from dying.
    Fully agree.

    I have the fear however that next expansion might be Old Gods/Azshara and the war continues for another year

  13. #253
    Field Marshal Codah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    52
    My main is Alliance but jesus you're being unreasonable. Sometimes people expect way too much from Blizzard.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the alliance has had the best lore this expansion. ive never felt more badass as an alliance player than this expansion and the alliance kicked butt this entire expansion, they pretty much didnt lose a single battle besides theramore and they completely won the pandaren expedition.
    I do agree, we didn't walk out empty handed. We won over the pandaren expedition and the pandarens. We won over wrathion until he gets pissed at what varian did.

    I would say the alliance won this expansion. The horde may have had more content ABOUT them, but we still won more in the end. Killing garrosh for the horde was a victory but a loss at the same time, they were fractured and divided. They had an amazing war machine that garrosh brought down because he split the horde up.

  15. #255
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I do agree, we didn't walk out empty handed. We won over the pandaren expedition and the pandarens. We won over wrathion until he gets pissed at what varian did.

    I would say the alliance won this expansion. The horde may have had more content ABOUT them, but we still won more in the end. Killing garrosh for the horde was a victory but a loss at the same time, they were fractured and divided. They had an amazing war machine that garrosh brought down because he split the horde up.
    We win with the horde fractured yet we come away with nothing, not even recovering any of our initial losses

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    No but I at least expected us to be told our lands were being returned even if it wasn't reflected and the horde had to agree to terms in order for us to leave.

    We hold all the cards it literally makes 0 sense for Varian to leave empty handed

    "All the cards"

    Oh you must mean all those plague bombs you have stocked up because someone told you not to use them.

    OHHH, oh you meant those Goblin bombs that youre old leader also had forsaken you to use.

    Wait...somethings not right here...

  17. #257
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Fully agree.

    I have the fear however that next expansion might be Old Gods/Azshara and the war continues for another year
    Unlikely considering Varian does not want the war to continue.

    I do think we're seeing increasingly so the possibility of it not being the Legion yet, and that there will be an Azshara (no old gods pls) expansion to tie us over.

    MoP did a horrible job of giving us a real sense of impending doom, even if Wrathion claimed it existed.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  18. #258
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    My main is Alliance but jesus you're being unreasonable. Sometimes people expect way too much from Blizzard.
    I expect or hope for at least a few lasting marks of Alliance victory in-game; rather than everything happening behind the scenes in books and stories on the WoW sites. Meanwhile, we get lasting marks of Horde victories all over the place; Theramore's a crater, Gilneas is a ghost town, Southshore is a slime pit, and so on and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

  19. #259
    What do you mean you got nothing from it? You kill Garrosh. You destroy Garrosh's Horde. You have to be fucking dense not to realize that you're not fighting the Horde in 5.4, you're fighting Garrosh, with the majority of the Horde on YOUR side. You're not gonna get shit other than the satisfaction that the Orc responsible for all of that shit is dead.

  20. #260
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomial17 View Post
    "All the cards"

    Oh you must mean all those plague bombs you have stocked up because someone told you not to use them.

    OHHH, oh you meant those Goblin bombs that youre old leader also had forsaken you to use.

    Wait...somethings not right here...
    You think Thrall and Vol'jin would allow the forsaken to release plague canisters across Orgrimmar?

    It really isn't debatable that the alliance is much stronger at the end of SoO

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    What do you mean you got nothing from it? You kill Garrosh. You destroy Garrosh's Horde. You have to be fucking dense not to realize that you're not fighting the Horde in 5.4, you're fighting Garrosh, with the majority of the Horde on YOUR side. You're not gonna get shit other than the satisfaction that the Orc responsible for all of that shit is dead.
    Yet the victories that "Garrosh's horde" won the "innocent horde" is still keeping the spoils from.

    In terms of logic it makes literally 0 sense that the alliance would walk away from the horde's capital without a peace treaty and terms of agreement, and if you think otherwise you're mental.

    Much like Germany had terms pushed on it after the World Wars even though many of their people were innocent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •