Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Then i want horde to be attacked in dalaran lol
    The Dalaran we can go to is stuck in a WotLK time bubble. The current content Dalaran is floating off somewhere far from Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Theramore was current content. It got redone in Cata and was destroyed in Cata. You want them to redo the WotLK and Cata zones to reflect MoP outcomes.
    Theramore's Fall was not Cata content. It was advertised as early access to a piece of MoP content.

the question is why should the alliance ever support a horde rebellion to have peace with them? This is really a funny thing, if you think about the old lore and old alliance before that plague and the legion consumed everything of the once proud alliance realms. Seems only weaklings have survived. even admiral proudmoore, the last bastion of the old alliance, who did fight against the horde to the bitter end in frozen throne.

Wrathion is right, Varian the so called high king is maybe high cause of an overdoze of drugs, he had the chance to end it once and for all - unite the planet against the incoming odds and end the conflict.

Funny how logic is in conflict with a fictive story that must primarly keep up that rather horde vs alliance coldwar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephinia View Post
    Theramore's Fall was not Cata content. It was advertised as early access to a piece of MoP content.
    Scenario went live Sept 17.
    MoP went live Sept 25.

Clearly happened during Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Our "great fist pump" moment we were promised...
    This made me laugh. Alliance does nothing but cry because they don't get anything. If you think it's unfair switch to Horde. We have better mounts, lore, and cookies. What does the Alliance have?

*listens to crickets*

Now stop crying because you Alliance feel cheated. Be happy you got the Kirin Tor lore-wise with Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The Alliance wins a battle against the leader of the Horde in the Horde's capital. Much of the Horde's war machine is destroyed, they lack the ressources to rebuild and they are divided. Your "real" Horde is not half of what it was before the war, while the Alliance stands united behind the High King and is stronger than ever. He may not have been able to destroy the Horde, but he certainly had the power to impose certain things on the Horde. Like : "We helped you to get rid of Garrosh, but this help won't be given without a price, not after all the blood allied soldiers shed for YOUR sake. Your Horde is in disarray and headless, you lack ressources and you will need time to rebuild. As for me, all my allies are behind me, my armies are stronger than ever and I have all the ressources I need... and a mage that is holding a grudge, ready to fill the canyons of your city with water. So... We could still fight or we could have peace under certain conditions. First, you leave Ashenvale. We are ready to trade wood if you need, as long as you play nice. Second, etc..." Heck, Varian should have even done that before accepting to help Vol'jin!
    I disagree. By that point, Garrosh had not been viewed as the leader of the Horde by all the other race leaders. Hence why they were trying to remove him from what power he had. You greatly over estimate how much of the Horde war machine was destroyed. Each of the races have their own resources, there are Horde resources not in Orgimmar that could be used, I don't think the Forsaken gave anything towards Garrosh's war, etc. The Horde was not "half" of what it was, it was 6.5/7ths of what it was. Vol'jin, Baine, Lor'themar, Sylvanis, and Thrall being involved can more then make up for the lack of a central Warchief. I'm not saying the Alliance couldn't have won a war against the Horde at that point, but it would have been costly, and again, for what point since Garrosh was the main issue to begin with.

I also disagree that Varian had a choice, or any leverage, when it came to helping the Horde. Garrosh got his hands on some serious shit, and the Alliance was in just as much trouble (even more since Garrosh hates them more) as the Horde. He absolutely had to help in order to save his people, and Azeroth in general.

I guess winning the war isn't good enough for the Alliance. I guarantee that if the Horde won the war and left without forcing demands that the Alliance players would all whine and say "Oh it doesn't matter that the Horde isn't gaining anything extra from winning. They still won the war so there still Blizzards favorite." Seriously you guys won the war just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephinia View Post
    It was too. If it happened in a previous expansion it belongs to that expansion. Blizzard announced it was the lead in to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    It's totally not a double standard. Why, if you want the world to reflect Alliance victories then you're clearly against Blizzard putting time/effort into future content!
    Dave Kosak
    @Leviathonlx Most of Orgrimmar permanent changes will happen in a future patch, but before next expansion.
    gee, probably had to give up 2 zones and a raid for that one

Quote Originally Posted by baconboy105 View Post
    I guess winning the war isn't good enough for the Alliance.
    horde won the war
    alliance gets to tag along
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-07-18 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy that Varian is actually acting in character so that is good....my only gripe is they really should fix the Stormwind Park or wall it off because just fixing the gates kind of seemed like a slap in the face.(Not a lot to ask for).I'm kind of fine with the Outcome of SOO since the Alliance is actually the stronger of the Two faction now.Horde Bias Players can say other wise but you can not deny that from the casualties from both the rebellion and the Loyal Garrosh Horde your numbers are at an all time low.

While the Alliance probably did not put there full force into the rebellion and are more unified than ever before.On a side note I wish Nazgrim would of been the new Warchief he is a real orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is coming from a company who is completely bias, just look at the last couple Blizzcon, and other related events. Apparently your "Great Moment" was Jaina acting "aggressive". I'm Horde, and I even agree this lack of Alliance content makes the game very one sided, and boring knowing no matter what happens the Horde will come out on top.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Wow, some real faction douchebaggery in this here thread i tell you what. I see a lot of horde fanbois clouting ally over the head with personal and faction based attacks while full well knowing they'd be crying like daisies if the shoe was on the other foot.
    I know it, you know it, we ALL know it. get off your soap boxes if all you have to add is this sort of post:

"Alliance does nothing but cry because they don't get anything. If you think it's unfair switch to Horde. We have better mounts, lore, and cookies. What does the Alliance have?
    *listens to crickets* "

Seriously, that's the last response this game needs, and the worst kind of attitude to deal with on a daily basis.
    You've literally added NOTHING other then a semi-personal attack, on half of the games playerbase.
    Do you talk to people like that irl? do you get lumped out for it a lot? I would think you would...

OT: I don't think it's good story telling to do it this way, I think they need to try to meet somewhere in the middle while still trying to come in under budget and on time, whilst leaving room for things to carry on as they should. Phasing, yes. Absolute control over org and such no, but there has to be more then walking out and nothing...that's just dumb. Yes, dragons in the mail be damned, we need a more logical solution. From both sides.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    Happy that Varian is actually acting in character so that is good....my only gripe is they really should fix the Stormwind Park or wall it off because just fixing the gates kind of seemed like a slap in the face.(Not a lot to ask for).I'm kind of fine with the Outcome of SOO since the Alliance is actually the stronger of the Two faction now.Horde Bias Players can say other wise but you can not deny that from the casualties from both the rebellion and the Loyal Garrosh Horde your numbers are at an all time low.

While the Alliance probably did not put there full force into the rebellion and are more unified than ever before.On a side note I wish Nazgrim would of been the new Warchief he is a real orc.
    Which character is it in though?

Varian was my favourite character pre-MoP, he hated the horde but he had very good reason for it as they'd directly or indirectly fucked with him and his family his entire life even keeping him as a slave. He was hot headed but he cared about winning for his people.

He was pretty much what Blizz wanted Garrosh to be (but with realistic motivations not just what the storyline called for) until they flipped his character again

Since MoP he has become a 1 dimensional character who wants peace ultimately between the factions.

You can say the alliance come away the stronger faction yet the horde are still happily sat in the zones they took from us and had the far better gameplay for 2 expansions
    Last edited by wych; 2013-07-18 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkar View Post
    This made me laugh. Alliance does nothing but cry because they don't get anything. If you think it's unfair switch to Horde. We have better mounts, lore, and cookies. What does the Alliance have?

*listens to crickets*

Now stop crying because you Alliance feel cheated. Be happy you got the Kirin Tor lore-wise with Dalaran.
    THATS EXACTLY THE DAMN PROBLEM.
    you ignorant fool!
    People switch to horde to get the so called "true ending". look i don't mind horde showing all magical powers etc...
    but the damn problem is that The Alliance "lore" only exists in books which I might add,(pulling numbers from somewhere here now as I dont have the exact numbers) roughly only 20-30% of people know off..well have read rather.. majority don't care..for several reasons.

1.they PvP
    2. They do Hard Core raiding(yes some people who do this reads to, but not the majority)
    3. they don't care about lore at all.

and as for Mounts..well.. that can be argued personal prefference, sorry but Gryphon beats windrider anyday unless your a troll/orc ofc ;3
    does Alliance get stuck with shitty Faction mounts:Yes we do, but again thats MY thoughts on it. lets..take the Argent Tournament for example the "new" factions(Sunreavers/silvercovenant)

Sunreavers=awsome looking dragonhawk.

Silver Coveneant = Horrible Retextured Hipogryph - REXTURERD yes I know the Dragonhawk is also rextured but not in the same fashion.

lets look on the dragonhawk mounts vs Hippogryph mounts?
    Dragonhawks; Amani, Red, Blue, Sunreaver, Armored blue, Armored Red
    Hippogrypths: Argent Crusade, Cenarion Exp, Silvercovenant, Firelands rep.

Yes there is not alot of hippogrpyths but they all use the same skin.. and the Dragonhawks welll.. yeh

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Redoing old zones to reflect Alliance victories is too much of a hassle.

But redoing Dustwallow to make sure Theramore was blown up for all to see the Horde's victory was important.
    Considering that was a vital plot point to get the Mists of Pandaria 'war' going in full swing.. yes, yes it was important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Which character is it in though?

Varian was my favourite character pre-MoP, he hated the horde but he had very good reason for it as they'd directly or indirectly fucked with him and his family his entire life even keeping him as a slave. He was hot headed but he cared about winning for his people.

He was pretty much what Blizz wanted Garrosh to be (but with realistic motivations not just what the storyline called for) until they flipped his character again

Since MoP he has become a 1 dimensional character who wants peace ultimately between the factions.

You can say the alliance come away the stronger faction yet the horde are still happily sat in the zones they took from us and had the far better gameplay for 2 expansions
    It is my opinion and am stating only my opinion that is all and If you don't like my Perspective on this event then that is okay to as I have no intention of changing anyone's opnion. I throughly enjoyed the questing for the Alliance as well as the Horde..
    5.3 on the other hand I did not like for the Alliance as the Horde had the stronger part in that particular case.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-07-18 at 01:37 AM.

Nothing will ever change in regard to Horde favoritism so long as Chris Metzen is employed by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    THATS EXACTLY THE DAMN PROBLEM.
    you ignorant fool!
    People switch to horde to get the so called "true ending". look i don't mind horde showing all magical powers etc...
    but the damn problem is that The Alliance "lore" only exists in books which I might add,(pulling numbers from somewhere here now as I dont have the exact numbers) roughly only 20-30% of people know off..well have read rather.. majority don't care..for several reasons.

1.they PvP
    2. They do Hard Core raiding(yes some people who do this reads to, but not the majority)
    3. they don't care about lore at all.

and as for Mounts..well.. that can be argued personal prefference, sorry but Gryphon beats windrider anyday unless your a troll/orc ofc ;3
    does Alliance get stuck with shitty Faction mounts:Yes we do, but again thats MY thoughts on it. lets..take the Argent Tournament for example the "new" factions(Sunreavers/silvercovenant)

Sunreavers=awsome looking dragonhawk.

Silver Coveneant = Horrible Retextured Hipogryph - REXTURERD yes I know the Dragonhawk is also rextured but not in the same fashion.

lets look on the dragonhawk mounts vs Hippogryph mounts?
    Dragonhawks; Amani, Red, Blue, Sunreaver, Armored blue, Armored Red
    Hippogrypths: Argent Crusade, Cenarion Exp, Silvercovenant, Firelands rep.

Yes there is not alot of hippogrpyths but they all use the same skin.. and the Dragonhawks welll.. yeh
    You're complaining about Dragonhawks?! Take them. What I find BS is that the Alliance can get a replica mount of the Horde guild mount from a faction. Now that's stupid, or, where is my effin lion mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    You're complaining about Dragonhawks?! Take them. What I find BS is that the Alliance can get a replica mount of the Horde guild mount from a faction. Now that's stupid, or, where is my effin lion mount?
    In all seriousness, I'd hoped that the alliance would be walking away from SoO with those new bony horse mounts, and the horde would retalliate by stealing the equivalent lion mounts. That would've rocked for everybody.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Redoing old zones to reflect Alliance victories is too much of a hassle.

But redoing Dustwallow to make sure Theramore was blown up for all to see the Horde's victory was important.
    Not like putting some patroling Alliance NPCs in the Ally (and post-Silverpine Horde) phase of Gilneas is going to mean a repeat of Cataclysm Endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    You could always play a Horde character instead, unless that costs money on the itemshop too now.
    Some of us have friends/roommates/family that play Ally.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)