Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    As it should be.
    And people wonder why they lost almost half of their players.

Aside from the boring gameplay, the ridiculous questing and lore influenced my decision to stop playing wow.

Its like watching a tv show for years, then stop because it's gotten ten kinds of stupid, then return a few years later to see it still going on and finding how hilariously bad it's gotten since it jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscene View Post
    This is moronic. Garrosh didn't all of this shit alone. He didn't level Southshore or throw innocent farmers into camps. He didn't employ the mana bomb alone and he wasn't always opposed. And don't tell me about the strength of cooperation, logically the Horde should be a broken wreck, its strongest military segment destroyed by a brutal civil war, the Alliance should impose a harsh peace treaty, take back conquered territory, something.

How hard would it be to phase say...Ashenvale and plant a few more NPCs for those over 90. Just a few sentinels at the Mor'shan Rampart, an Alliance customs officer or whatever.
    Personally For The Horde!

As to phasing or changing zones to impact some treaty where by Alliance takes back zones A, B, C etc, it won't happen purely because it would mean they'd have to spend more time between xpacks, constantly changing zones from one faction to another as the flow of battle passes over the lands.

Been playing this game 8yrs now and tbh I'd rather not have to spend as long between expansions as we did in the past. I don't mind 18months to a couple years per xpack but if they had to start messing with zones on a regular basis constantly updating them to reflect the current conflict between factions, then we'd be looking at expansion duration times like we had previously:

Release Timeline

1994– – Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
    1995– – Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
    1996– – Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal
    1997–
    1998–
    1999– – Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition
    2000–
    2001–
    2002– – Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    2003– – Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
    2004– – World of Warcraft
    2005–
    2006–
    2007– – World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    2008– – World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    2009–
    2010– – World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    2011–
    2012– – World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    2013– – Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

And I'm sure no one wants another fecking Dragon Soul lol...

Banging away at places in TBC was fun for me, didn't mind the grind through linear experience and gating/attunements but the player base nowadays is impatient. You only need to look at the fact blizzard put LFG, LFR and soon Flexi in the game to see this. Hell they even made it so EVERY player no matter their play time can get a legendary and yet even this is still being bitched about because it requires some effort to farm certain parts but it's nothing like it used to be.

If they start taking longer between expansions and leaving us to grind away at some crud like Dragon Soul again then it's only gonna hurt the game as a whole rather then actually making any decent kind of impact just so those who want X zone to be returned to Alliance/Horde hands over and over when the developers could be working on not only newer content but also get back to working on Titan and other projects (insert Warcraft movie here finally).

I love the Warcraft lore, I really do, it was reading the books that actually got me in to playing the online game in the first place, more then if I'd just played Warcraft 1, 2 and 3 would of but to actually have the player base wait long times between expansions and content isn't possible any more.

The other side of this coin is this:

If there was to be any kind of lasting peace between the two main factions then pvp wouldn't need to exist any more and I can tell you now, that would cause more of a s*** storm then any nonsense over who controls what zone, so in short these places have to remain as they are so they can be constantly contested for.

Well ofc, Alliance get screwed agian. i recall Blizzard Said the alliance would get a BIG fist pumping moment, and a epic trial of the high king.
    Where are they? ARE the Trial of the HIGH KING, really just 2 senarios And the fist pumping moment is what? Leaveing ogrimma? How can that be, please tell me i missed something big, and that blizzard did not screw over the alliance or just completly forgetting about them.
    I am actually happy many people are quitting wow, i still enjoy the gameplay, but happy that wow is loosing subscribers When they Not only COMPLETLY screw over one side. But then also even lie about what will they add to make it up
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

So sick of these "lol horde favored by blizz" threads... Having a horde AND an alliance 90 that I play both regularly, alliance have not had it near as bad as you all would proclaim. The 5.1 patch imo was WAY better for alliance than horde. Almost the entire quest line story-wise was just 'kill that' and 'collect this', while alliance story quests were different, fun and imaginative (sneaking into horde camp for example).

We welcome our alliance side kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Also, Dalaran was far from neutral. They chose to stand against Garrosh.
    Damn straight. Theramore was the logistical keystone into aggressive alliance incursions into the Barrens and Durotar. The day Theramore helped Northwatch invade Durotar was the day it became 'fair game'. Garrosh staged a feint land attack on Theramore, and lo and behold the Kirin Tor comes rushing to it's defence. 'Neutral' my arse! Garrosh's raid on Theramore was a masterstroke- not only did it get the Kirin Tor to show their true colours, but it tricked them into doing so in a trap.

Theramore was a legitimate aggressive target, bombing it was a defensive manoever, and Rhonin would never have died if he wasn't there illegitimately defending the warmongering Alliance city state.

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Damn straight. Theramore was the logistical keystone into aggressive alliance incursions into the Barrens and Durotar. The day Theramore helped Northwatch invade Durotar was the day it became 'fair game'. Garrosh staged a feint land attack on Theramore, and lo and behold the Kirin Tor comes rushing to it's defence. 'Neutral' my arse! Garrosh's raid on Theramore was a masterstroke- not only did it get the Kirin Tor to show their true colours, but it tricked them into doing so in a trap.

Theramore was a legitimate aggressive target, bombing it was a defensive manoever, and Rhonin would never have died if he wasn't there illegitimately defending the warmongering Alliance city state.
    : /

The city where Jaina's father died telling his daughter the orcs would become what they had been again, and would destroy the city. You could call Jaina's father racist all you want. But he was 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    In Wrath both factions got lore development (if you hordes think you didn't: The rise of garrosh, the creation of the plague, etc etc)
    The rise of Garrosh? He stood around in Warsong Hold and later was the buffbot in ICC. That's it ingame. Outside of the game he had a short appearance in the Udluar Patch Video. I'd hardly call that a lore development.
    And you could argue that the plague thing was as important for the alliance players since they got to raid one of the hordes capitals.

If the purge of dalaran is the 1-up of Theramore, then the horde sneaking in to Dalaran and freeing Aethas Sunstrider, the asshole responsible for the theft of the divine bell (as well as theramore) is yet another 1-up for the horde.

sigh... It's very frustrating when all of the horde fans pick out the crazy or weak arguments from irrational alliance fans and use that as justification as to why the alliance should get NOTHING. Several suggestions have been made that DON'T take back horde levelling zones. Not every alliance wants that. I would personally settle for a copy of Dalaran floating above Theramore crater. It doesn't even have to be a complete copy. close off several doors and the sewers if you have to. Just give alliance the one bad-ass thing they've gained out of this expac. And for you arguing that "it's not fair to have such a powerful alliance city so close to the horde capitol," how is it any differnent than the original Theramore? Not to mention, it makes sense lorewise that Jaina would want to keep a close eye on the horde now that she's finally grown some fangs. It's not like max level alliance are going to spend time there any more than they would the original Theramore.

And finally, if you feel that even this is unreasonable, please tell me what you think the alliance should gain out of SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    : /

The city where Jaina's father died telling his daughter the orcs would become what they had been again, and would destroy the city. You could call Jaina's father racist all you want. But he was 100% correct.
    She attacked the Orcs, it's no wonder they destroyed her city. "Listen, my child, they are monsters. If you punch them in the face, they will fight back; they're savages!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Vereesa was directly in charge of the Purge and she did it because of Theramore. She was still whining about it at the Isle of Thunder when Jaina decided to let the Blood Elves walk away.

Also, Dalaran was far from neutral. They chose to stand against Garrosh.
    Vareesa had her reasons to be pissed, her HUSBAND died in theramore.

- - - Updated - - -

So ogrimmar is 'Fair game" becase it acts as logistical keystone in Horde incursions into Ashenvale and Darkshore. Duuuuh.
    We should bomb Orgrimmar with gnomish-made radiation bombs.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    And finally, if you feel that even this is unreasonable, please tell me what you think the alliance should gain out of SoO.
    For me, the story shouldn't be bargaining against the status quo with what is 'reasonable' or acceptable to the players. Screw that, the Alliance should get what is plausible; they sent their soldier in to enforce a change of power un the Horde. It is implausible that they could take this opportunity to wipe out the Horde (it's vulnerable, but not helpless). But they sure could extract some concessions.

- - - Updated - - -

So ogrimmar is 'Fair game" becase it acts as logistical keystone in Horde incursions into Ashenvale and Darkshore. Duuuuh.
    No shit. /10 chars

Now you see why I view alliance as faction that will fail in the end? They dont go that far. Never. They always go for moral high ground. And one time, there will be war where moral high ground will be irelevant.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Now you see why I view alliance as faction that will fail in the end? They dont go that far. Never. They always go for moral high ground. And one time, there will be war where moral high ground will be irelevant.
    Yeah i hate how they portray the alliance as the goody two-shoes, allways, even if they get beaten they still are the goody-two-shoes.
    Maybe thats why now i have two horde characters. And guess what, I like it. Because the horde isnt forced to not do stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Yeah i hate how they portray the alliance as the goody two-shoes, allways, even if they get beaten they still are the goody-two-shoes.
    Maybe thats why now i have two horde characters. And guess what, I like it. Because the horde isnt forced to not do stuff.
    It's silly, really, the Alliance back in WCII didn't pull any stops. You can be the shining paragon of goodness and still be merciless;; you just need to convince yourself what you're fighting is irredeemably evil and corrupt. Not that hard with the Horde.

The Alliance needs to take a level in badass Knight Templar, and bring out some of those LN Titan genes.
    Last edited by composemail; 2013-07-26 at 01:35 PM.

It's silly, really, the Alliance back in WCII didn't pull any stops. You can be the shining paragon of goodness and still be merciless;; you just need to convince yourself what you're fighting is irredeemably evil and corrupt. Not that hard with the Horde.
    It's like the Crusaders in Jerusalem that commited a scary genocide of men, women and children just because they belived that God wanted that, those guys were just awful unbelivers and needed to be wiped out of existance (and they felt even more justified since the Pope granted them "free acess" to the heaven and eternal atone of any sign).

The Alliance felt justified to act almost like that because sincerely belived that the orcs were horrible creatures of darkness. Now, only the most extremists of Alliance warmongers (and don't worry, there are warmongers in the Alliance) can try to act like that, but for the majority by now is unable to ignore the fact the things are changed by the times of WC2.

If the whole of the Alliance would convince themselves, with all their efforts of self-delusion, to be the saints fighting the bad evil, they would be a bunch of moronic fanatics like the Scarlet Crusade. And I have to admit, as a Horde player I would absurdly enjoy to brutally and mercilessly butcher these kind of individuals. But the modern Alliance becoming something like that? Oh, hardly.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-26 at 12:43 PM.
    Darkspear never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's like the Crusaders in Jerusalem that commited a scary genocide of men, women and children just because they belived that God wanted that, those guys were just awful unbelivers and needed to be wiped out of existance (and they felt even more justified since the Pope granted them "free acess" to the heaven and eternal atone of any sign)
    sacking a city after a siege was pretty much modus operandi regardless of religious believes or motivations

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Says who? Nearly every war in Warcraft was won by the side with morals: War of the Ancients, Second War, Third War, ... Eventually having morals gives you something to fight for, which bonds together, which gives a lot more power.

It's like the Crusaders in Jerusalem that commited a scary genocide of men, women and children just because they belived that God wanted that, those guys were just awful unbelivers and needed to be wiped out of existance (and they felt even more justified since the Pope granted them "free acess" to the heaven and eternal atone of any sign).

The Alliance felt justified to act almost like that because sincerely belived that the orcs were horrible creatures of darkness. Now, only the most extremists of Alliance warmongers (and don't worry, there are warmongers in the Alliance) can try to act like that, but for the majority by now is unable to ignore the fact the things are changed by the times of WC2.

If the whole of the Alliance would convince themselves, with all their efforts of self-delusion, to be the saints fighting the bad evil, they would be a bunch of moronic fanatics like the Scarlet Crusade. And I have to admit, as a Horde player I would absurdly enjoy to brutally and mercilessly butcher these kind of individuals. But the modern Alliance becoming something like that? Oh, hardly.
    So instead the Alliance are left to be reactive, suing for peace, throwing their hands in the air ineffectually when the Horde tramples them.

I'm not saying the Alliance need become the Scarlet crusade. I'm saying it'd be good for them if hardliners like that had a voice. Jaina might yet take after her father, and I could see Moira becoming an iron-fisted, merciless 'terror of the Forsaken' Dowager Empress. Vareesa would probably roll with that crowd too; what with the Horde nuking her husband (who totally had it coming). Tyrande seems to have severely softened since WCIII, but the Nelves are historically ruthless. Varian (like many humans) is on the fence, gnomes and Draenei are the voices of reason.

It is possible to have an in between from do-nothing Alliance to Scarlet zealotry that would be engaging and interesting.

Essentially the Alliance is deposing Garrosh and nothing more. There are no demands of justice. I keep thinking about the scene in Return of the King:

"We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

We don't even get that attitude out of our leaders and I really don't feel like the Horde can lay the blame solely on Garrosh as easily as Rohan could lay it on Saruman.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."