Page 1 of 62
... LastLast

[spoiler] Ghostcrawler confirms ridiculous Alliance outcome in 5.4

@Ghostcrawler @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen The fact that the Alliance gives the Horde Org back with no concessions or reparations suck

@greenkamrian @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen It's an important Jaina vs Vyrian moment. Who is to say the High King made the right call?

@Ghostcrawler Do Allies gain NOTHING from this war except tens of 1000s dead and their lands stolen? Not even in lore? Goblins keep Azshara

@kyrtfurey Lore-wise we could say that zones changed hands but wouldn't it be lame once you visited them and saw that was not the case?

So that's fucking it.

Our "great fist pump" moment we were promised is walking out of the city with no terms of peace agreed and no lands returned.

As usual the alliance were just along for the ride and gained absolutely nothing from it.

Who cares about Ashenvale getting burnt down? Gilneas ravaged? Our men turned by Valkyr into Forsaken? Our Prince having his body crushed?

Let's do the sporting thing and leave the horde to recover and hold onto everything they took.

A great end to 2 horde centric expansions

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you honestly expect them to revamp old zones AGAIN?

It was very clear from the beginning that we just eliminate the Kor'kron threat and after that it'll be business as usual.

As usual the alliance were just along for the ride and gained absolutely nothing from it.
    We did gain something. We exchanged a "raawr human smash!" Gladiator with a proper King worth respecting... and gained a "whackjob soon to be raidboss" Archmage on the side.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-07-17 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

It was very clear from the beginning that we just eliminate the Kor'kron threat and after that it'll be business as usual.
    No but I at least expected us to be told our lands were being returned even if it wasn't reflected and the horde had to agree to terms in order for us to leave.

We hold all the cards it literally makes 0 sense for Varian to leave empty handed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    A great end to 2 horde centric expansions
    As it should be.

jeez ppl get so mad about fiction its like a religion to them somehow, also not only alliance is fighting garrosh its horde fighting him also you guys are just our sidekicks in this
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    jeez ppl get so mad about fiction its like a religion to them somehow

Or storyline is a major part of why some people play games.

Surprised? Blizzard always favors the horde.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    And they just cant let the Alliance takeover the horde, as the game has to continue. Imagine the alliance would takeover all of horde land. What would people do in battlegrounds after that event occured?

And if you give back regions like HF the questing imbalance would go towards alliance. It's not all that easy. I think it is better to let the High King show his High-Kingness in this plot and to give <insert warchief here> the throne of ogrimmar.

And if we see the upcoming events Furion mentioned, horde and alliance need to coexists in some form to stand against the incoming challenge.

The strength of two is bigger than the strength of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

We did gain something. We exchanged a "raawr human smash!" Gladiator with a proper King worth respecting... and gained a "whackjob soon to be raidboss" Archmage on the side.
    They could phase it for players like they did for the now-destroyed Theramore.

Azshara never belonged to the Alliance anyway. What makes you nitwits think you ought to control a zone with a door into a Horde capital city?

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And they just cant let the Alliance takeover the horde, as the game has to continue. Imagine the alliance would takeover all of horde land. What would people do in battlegrounds after that event occured?

And if you give back regions like HF the questing imbalance would go towards alliance. It's not all that easy. I think it is better to let the High King show his High-Kingness in this plot and to give <insert warchief here> the throne of ogrimmar.

And if we see the upcoming events Furion mentioned, horde and alliance need to coexists in some form to stand against the incoming challenge.
    I wasn't suggesting alliance being in control, I was suggesting us getting the upper hand and asserting dominance at the end of 5.4 like would happen if it wasn't for ridiculous favouritism on blizzard's side.

I am not suggesting horde players lose zones leveling up or we even observe changes immediately in game but the ending should be Varian in control of the situation and telling the horde they must withdraw from their zones and agree to a peace treaty.

I would be all for varian "choosing" a war chief but Blizzard hasn't even allowed this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Azshara never belonged to the Alliance anyway. What makes you nitwits think you ought to control a zone with a door into a Horde capital city?
    Azshara has not been mentioned once throughout this thread until you brought it up

Were any Alliance players honestly expecting to be satisfied from 5.4? I've been saying this since near the beginning of MoP when it was confirmed that Garrosh would be the last boss and that the Alliance would be helping the Horde; MoP is not an expansion for the Alliance at all.

Blizzard, rather than actually making 'the Horde' the bad guys, instead opted for the Horde to be 'the good guys' who were just hijacked by the Kor'kron. The Alliance won't get a victory in 5.4; but we will be helping the Horde get theirs. Frankly i'm surprised more people weren't furious over this inevitability, but now that 5.4 is on the horizon, perhaps they'll see.

You do know it was inhabited by Night elves, they had settlements there Nendis for example, until Illidan decided to steamroll them with his Naga allies.

Deleted
    I've not resubbed as I want to get away from this game, one main reason is that theres no great storytelling anymore. I actually fall asleep in raids(maybe thats me though), and ten quid for a cosmetic helm, ten fecking quid!! When I heard about them, I thought, oooh, about £1.60 maybe £2.50? But not ten quid : S

I might come back if the next x pack is AMAZING, but its got to be AMAZING!!

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Azshara has not been mentioned once throughout this thread until you brought it up
    Post number one. Complaining that the goblins get to keep Azshara. I'd quote it, but it's on the same page, so you can use your mouse wheel if you feel inclined.

Deleted
    This is moronic. Garrosh didn't all of this shit alone. He didn't level Southshore or throw innocent farmers into camps. He didn't employ the mana bomb alone and he wasn't always opposed. And don't tell me about the strength of cooperation, logically the Horde should be a broken wreck, its strongest military segment destroyed by a brutal civil war, the Alliance should impose a harsh peace treaty, take back conquered territory, something.

How hard would it be to phase say...Ashenvale and plant a few more NPCs for those over 90. Just a few sentinels at the Mor'shan Rampart, an Alliance customs officer or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could phase it for players like they did for the now-destroyed Theramore.
    Phase what? Orgrimmar?
    Place human guards in Org like the Orcs did in Undercity?

Wouldn't work. As long as they want to have Horde vs Alliance in this game, their hands regarding major changes are basically bound behind their backs. All they can do is let future content be dominated by Alliance.

How hard would it be to phase say...Ashenvale and plant a few more NPCs for those over 90. Just a few sentinels at the Mor'shan Rampart, an Alliance customs officer or whatever.
    And how often do lv 90 go there? If they'd make major changes they'd be yelled at because of "devoting too much dev time to low level content".

It doesn't really matter what they do with the end of the game someone is going to bitch about it.

Lore wise: MoP taught Varien that there has to be balance, a strong horde means a strong alliance. Togeather they will be powerful enough to beat the demons.
    Practical wise: You can't spend a lot of resources re-vamping old areas or you get cataclysm complaints. Much like WWII America invested a lot of resources in rebuilding Japan and upholding its military leaders because they knew that if you make life terrible for the japaneise then the war would continue another day with an impassioned people angry at their treatment. The bad treatment of Germans after WWI gave Hitlet the influence he needed to bring his Nazi vision to life. History is about learning from ones mistakes, and crushing the horde and taking away its lands would only ensure a future war. Defeat them but leave them with their honor and a chance at a hopeful future.

Blizzard really can't satisfy everyone so they are not going to try. You can go along with the story or you can spend your time bitching about it. The biggest problem with the fan base is that many of them are not capable of dealing with change of any kind.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-07-17 at 05:24 PM.

Post number one. Complaining that the goblins get to keep Azshara. I'd quote it, but it's on the same page, so you can use your mouse wheel if you feel inclined.
    Apologies missed that in the quote I posted, I don't agree with Azshara and there's no way the horde would agree to that, but places such as Ashenvale should be top of our priority list

Moral of the story; an expansion where the Alliance supposedly turn the tables on the Horde, results in an unchanged Orgrimmar, and a crater in the place of Theramore.

Isn't that satisfying?
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-07-17 at 05:24 PM.