Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ...
6
46
54
55
56
57
58
... LastLast
  1. #1101
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    It has everything to do with it.
    So if, lets say, Varian was to order the alliance to attack undercity, to 'claim back lordearon', and they fought the forsaken there hand to hand. And then Jaina comes in and nukes the zone, killing all the forsaken there, and leaving a crater where undercity once stood, you'd be fine with that?
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  2. #1102
    Legendary! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So if, lets say, Varian was to order the alliance to attack undercity, to 'claim back lordearon', and they fought the forsaken there hand to hand. And then Jaina comes in and nukes the zone, killing all the forsaken there, and leaving a crater where undercity once stood, you'd be fine with that?
    Except the actions of the horde haven't been one event, it has been several. Which is why there is an impending siege on their doorstep.

  3. #1103
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Except the actions of the horde haven't been one event, it has been several. Which is why there is an impending siege on their doorstep.
    answer the question.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  4. #1104
    Legendary! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    saying mean things is hardly the best reason to go out murdering and destroying things. Thats like me burning down LA because I didnt want to pay taxes
    Garrosh went far beyond saying mean things. He

    Exiled the trools from the center of Ogrimmar.
    Killed the revered tauren leader.
    Practiced unethical methods of war

    Among other things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    answer the question.
    No. And accountability would be requested via story. Even though I don't think the forsaken deserve any sympathy.

  5. #1105
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Garrosh went far beyond saying mean things. He

    Exiled the trools from the center of Ogrimmar.
    Garrosh didn't exile the Trolls from Orgrimmar. They left on their own because they didn't like what he was doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Killed the revered tauren leader.
    Killing Cairne is irrelevant. He did it lawfully while defending his innocence.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  6. #1106
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,323
    If you don't even have the scrots to answer a hypothetical question as comparison to your own provocation, there's really nothing serious you can give to this debate.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  7. #1107
    WoW, choosing to interpret his reasoned answer to your yes/no question as a refusal to your badgering. AND a you-don't-have-the-balls insult. Truly a bold move in this debate. You might have lost some credibility there if the thing hadn't devolved into reductio ad absurdum like twelve pages ago.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  8. #1108
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    WoW, choosing to interpret his reasoned answer to your yes/no question as a refusal to your badgering. AND a you-don't-have-the-balls insult. Truly a bold move in this debate. You might have lost some credibility there if the thing hadn't devolved into reductio ad absurdum like twelve pages ago.
    I find it remarkable how you coin reductio ad absurdum, and still use a smiley right after it.

    But I digress.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  9. #1109
    Legendary! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If you don't even have the scrots to answer a hypothetical question as comparison to your own provocation, there's really nothing serious you can give to this debate.
    What the deuce are you talking about. I answered here

    No. And accountability would be requested via story. Even though I don't think the forsaken deserve any sympathy.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Garrosh didn't exile the Trolls from Orgrimmar. They left on their own because they didn't like what he was doing.


    Killing Cairne is irrelevant. He did it lawfully while defending his innocence.

    Just because something is lawful doesn't make it right.

  10. #1110
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    What the deuce are you talking about. I answered here



    - - - Updated - - -




    Just because something is lawful doesn't make it right.
    Cairne stepped into that arena knowing it was a duel to the death, willing to kill Garrosh for crimes he didn't have proof of, and his accusations were actually false. All Garrosh did was defend his honor.

  11. #1111
    Legendary! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Cairne stepped into that arena knowing it was a duel to the death, willing to kill Garrosh for crimes he didn't have proof of, and his accusations were actually false. All Garrosh did was defend his honor.
    As the warcheif of the entire horde, the burden lies upon him to have a cooler head in that situation.

  12. #1112
    Mechagnome Pum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Cairne stepped into that arena knowing it was a duel to the death, willing to kill Garrosh for crimes he didn't have proof of, and his accusations were actually false. All Garrosh did was defend his honor.
    It's great this thread has derailed from what it was actually intended for. Cairne fucked up, whatever.

    The point at hand is Alliance getting shit on at every corner, for 2 expansions now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    but then again, The Coon is obviously unbeatable as he will just manipulate you into being his friend

  13. #1113
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    As the warcheif of the entire horde, the burden lies upon him to have a cooler head in that situation.
    Cairne challenged him to mok'gora, and he made it a duel to the death NOT because he wanted to kill Cairne, but because he had no idea what Cairne was going on about and was trying to bluff him into backing down. The warchief doesn't have the privilege to decline a mok'gora challenge i'm pretty sure, otherwise its existence would be silly.

  14. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    As the warcheif of the entire horde, the burden lies upon him to have a cooler head in that situation.
    He did have a cooler head. Cairne is the one who challenged Garrosh to the duel. Garrosh proposed it be to the death, not because he wanted to kill Cairne, but because he thought Cairne would back down. Once Cairne accepted the terms of the duel, Garrosh's hands were tied.

    Cairne’s eyes narrowed. “To the death, then?”
    Garrosh grinned. “To the death. Perhaps now you will apologize.”
    Cairne stared for a moment longer, then threw back his head and laughed. That caught Garrosh by surprise.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #1115
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    It's great this thread has derailed from what it was actually intended for. Cairne fucked up, whatever.

    The point at hand is Alliance getting shit on at every corner, for 2 expansions now.
    This thread is silly and people shouldn't jump the gun until we see the actual content.

  16. #1116
    Mechagnome Pum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by DFu4ever View Post
    Good luck holding it when the exiled military might of the Horde makes the smart move of heading to the Undercity. Their best play would be to move as much strength as possible to Forsaken territory and then begin the push south. I don't believe the Alliance would have the strength to counter a full Forsaken, Orc, Troll, Goblin, and BE invasion in the Eastern Kingdoms while at the same time holding Kalimdor (and likely putting up with Tauren raids or laying siege to their territory).
    After what the Alliance have done for the Horde in SoO there is not a chance in hell the Troll's and Tauren's would join forces for a march on the south from Lordaeron, that probably even includes the Blood Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    but then again, The Coon is obviously unbeatable as he will just manipulate you into being his friend

  17. #1117
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    As the warcheif of the entire horde, the burden lies upon him to have a cooler head in that situation.
    he had a much cooler head compared to Cairne
    He told him he didnt do it, dismissed his accusations and told him to sod off

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The warchief doesn't have the privilege to decline a mok'gora challenge i'm pretty sure, otherwise its existence would be silly.
    A Warchief would probably have much more pressure to accept such a challenege

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    After what the Alliance have done for the Horde in SoO there is not a chance in hell the Troll's and Tauren's would join forces for a march on the south from Lordaeron, that probably even includes the Blood Elves.
    if the Alliance started occupying and opressing Horde lands/settlements it will give them some reasons

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Practiced unethical methods of war
    Which didnt happen till Theramore

    But besides that, war is about death and destruction, is there really such a thing as an "ethical" way of doing that
    "There is no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  18. #1118
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The warchief doesn't have the privilege to decline a mok'gora challenge i'm pretty sure, otherwise its existence would be silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    A Warchief would probably have much more pressure to accept such a challenege
    Pretty sure refusing is an automatic loss.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #1119
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    see, this is where the alliance really love to miss out details to suit there arguments.

    The attack on theramore was, at the disgust of Baine and Vol'jin, ordered by Garrosh, as as horde they were oath bound to follow his orders. But, they fought honorably, on the ground hand to hand against the alliance. There was even valid reason, given theramore presence in the barrens for the horde to have honorable combat against theramore and stop more bloodshed being spread across there own lands from the alliance.

    But, it was garrosh who used this as a decoy, using the rest of the horde as his decoy to have the mana bomb brought to theramore, which nobody but his kor'kohn, malkorok and the goblins knew about.

    The horde who fought hand to hand in theramore were doing so honorably. This is why, if you read the book, you'd know how much of a shock this was to baine and vol'jin for what garrosh did.

    Seriously have you even read the book. Are you basing your argument of that shitty little scenario?
    you do understand that from the alliance point of view "go and murder them all with swords" and "go and drop a nuke on them" there isn't much practical difference right?

    again, the trolls and tauren went into the battle with the knowledge that the goal of the battle is the destruction of theramore and the murder of all the alliance in it
    and that is exactly what happened and what they are just as responsible for as garrosh

  20. #1120
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    again, the trolls and tauren went into the battle with the knowledge that the goal of the battle is the destruction of theramore and the murder of all the alliance in it
    and that is exactly what happened and what they are just as responsible for as garrosh
    And all the Alliance went into battle knowing they are expected to murder all the Horde they encounter so it kinda balances out
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •