Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Hardcore Bubble.

The following questionnaire will help determine if you are a proud and mighty member of this elite sort of player. I do this as to fortify the commitment of other elite players (I'm not btw) to keep their crusade to improve (according to your own logic) the game.

1. Are you a hardcore player?
    2. Do you feel obligated to do dailies?
    3. Do you think pet battles are a waist of development time and resources?
    4. Do you think LFR and other grouping options are killing raiding?
    5. Do you think BC was the best wow has ever been?
    6. To your understanding, better geared players make lesser players aspire to be better?
    7. Do you feel cheated when any sort of reward, either cosmetic or not, is given to anyone for doing something other than raiding or pvp?
    8. Are you infuriated for the cosmetic items being sold in the pet store?
    9. Do you wish flying/fast mounts where removed?
    10. Do you feel leveling is too fast and people don't die enough?
    11. Do you think there should be more menacing and threatening mobs while leveling?

If you answered "yes" to 2 or more of this questions you probably are living in the bubble as we speak. If you said "yes" to 4 or more you are there for sure.

Note: just in case, I mean this as a joke. Someone is bound to take it seriously and it never hurts to make it clear that is meant as a joke. Now, as such, it does carry a certain truth to it.

1. If 14 hours a week for progress and 13/13 HC is hardcore then I guess so?
    2. Nop
    3. Nop
    4. Nop, they just make it accessible to the people who couldn't raid before. Only thing I hate about LFR is all the people whining about loot, seriously shut up
    5. Nop
    6. Yes and no, depends on the person
    7. Nop
    8. Nop, just bought one!
    9. Nop
    10. Nop
    11. Yes! It gets really boring just facetanking everything, wouldn't mind some more mob abilities or w/e you have to look out for.

I'm so glad i'm not a HC raider. I've never had the time to commit to it, and now I'm glad. It saved me from being committed (to an institution for hating fun.) Nice questionnaire.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Note: just in case, I mean this as a joke. Someone is bound to take it seriously and it never hurts to make it clear that is meant as a joke. Now, as such, it does carry a certain truth to it.
    Also called: I'm throwing the bait for a flame thread, but I'll also build some cover for myself. If someones baits, it's their problem, not mine.

1. Isn't the point of this to determine this question?
    2. No
    3. Pet battles are great, especially now that you can get all your coins from them
    4. No LFR is a great way to gear up alts or returning players
    5. No vanilla was probably better than BC, everyone wanted to do arenas in that expansion but it sucked if you weren't a warrior/druid/warlock
    6. I don't know how many people are actually inspired by anyone else in the game, most of the time they are too busy looking at their own gear to look at somebody else
    7. No its great to diversify the game
    8. No I don't really care about what they sell in the store
    9. No flying mounts are incredibly convenient
    10. No there aren't enough people leveling at any given time to make it really 'work' to make the grind incredibly long
    11. Well it would be great to have some bonus elite/rares that would drop great rewards, maybe they should put a bunch of dropped items with +% exp in and have them drop off of rare elites

Well I guess I'm not in a bubble, hopefully the OP has learned that you cannot just turn a group of players into a stereotype even if you are trying to do it in a sarcastic/humorous manner. BTW im 11/13H and raid around as much as Kenjai
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nger-democracy

1. Are you a hardcore player? I Was. I'm casual now.
    2. Do you feel obligated to do dailies? Nop
    3. Do you think pet battles are a waist of development time and resources? Nop
    4. Do you think LFR and other grouping options are killing raiding? LFR no, just dividing people. Grouping options are always cool.
    5. Do you think BC was the best wow has ever been? Nop
    6. To your understanding, better geared players make lesser players aspire to be better? Can help, like many other things. So Yes and No.
    7. Do you feel cheated when any sort of reward, either cosmetic or not, is given to anyone for doing something other than raiding or pvp? Nop
    8. Are you infuriated for the cosmetic items being sold in the pet store? Nop
    9. Do you wish flying/fast mounts where removed? A popular tool/option/etc can't be removed. So no.
    10. Do you feel leveling is too fast and people don't die enough? yes
    11. Do you think there should be more menacing and threatening mobs while leveling? Sometimes, so yes

If you answered "yes" to 2 or more of this questions you probably are living in the bubble as we speak. If you said "yes" to 4 or more you are there for sure.
    You need to do the same vice versa (casual players).
    We need to know who are in the "I'm casual and I play 1/2 hour a week so I can't do anything" bubble too!!!

1. I think I am. 13/13 hc and I play the game a lot, doing random achievements most days lol
    2. No.
    3. No, they are actually kind of fun.
    4. No, doesn't affect me.
    5. I think BC was fun and had certain good things in it, but every other expansion/vanilla have things it did well too, so I guess it's no.
    6. No. I think there's a sense of prestige, but make them want to be better? I highly doubt it.
    7. No, though if it's current content I want it to be fair. If it's going to be given out, there should be something that makes it tough to get (like the insane for example). I can't really answer yes to this, because if something is REALLY easy to get and everyone has it, then well, it's not really a real reward anyway.
    8. No, I just hope it doesn't become something beyond cosmetic/vanity items.
    9. No.
    10. I have two characters I play. Never liked alts so no. I think the leveling process is fine for first timers, and heirlooms/other resources make it fast for alt levelers.
    11. I don't think so. For a lot of true first timers, there are already difficult portions in the leveling game for them. For people leveling their 3rd/4th/5th alt etc, I don't think that will make a difference except to make it an even bigger hassle.

No.

No, but I do them anyways because I like them.

No, I don't think they are a "waist" of resources because it's more content that I could do.

No, if you want the best loot, you'll still have to join a raiding guild and do Heroic Raid. Honestly, they HELPED raiding. Most people who only use LFR didn't even raid before it was implemented.

No, MoP is the best.

6. To your understanding, better geared players make lesser players aspire to be better?
    Thats impossible to answer as it varies person to person.

7. Do you feel cheated when any sort of reward, either cosmetic or not, is given to anyone for doing something other than raiding or pvp?
    No, they pay to play this game. They should get rewards for playing this game.

No, they offer no advantages whatsoever.

No, they're convenient.

Do I feel leveling is too fast? Yes. Do I feel people don't die enough? No, it's questing... why would I care how often someone would die?

11. Do you think there should be more menacing and threatening mobs while leveling?
    Depends on what you mean. Are you asking if all mobs should be stronger? No then. Are you asking if there should be some more wandering elites? Sure, I'd like that.

Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

No to all in 1-9 except for 5. I don't know that BC being my favorite expansion (with MOP being a relatively close second) has anything to do with me being or not being hardcore at all.

10 and 11 are partial no's. I think leveling is a bit too fast given the piles of available content and I wouldn't mind seeing it be a bit more difficult but not overly so. I don't need to die every 10 minutes but it wouldn't be harmful to the game if people learned a bit more about abilities when leveling.

I get the joke and I get the truth in it too.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    The following questionnaire will help determine if you are a proud and mighty member of this elite sort of player. I do this as to fortify the commitment of other elite players (I'm not btw) to keep their crusade to improve (according to your own logic) the game.

1. guild is 13/13 25hc currently (i'm 11/13 due to a break) So while i'm not at the very cutting edge, i still consider my self to be somewhat hardcore raider.
    2. No, i hate dailies.
    3. If i don't like certain content, doesn't mean that others cant. I know there are alot of people who like pet battles so it's not wasted development time by any stretch of the imagination
    4. To an extent, yes.
    5. Yes.
    6. I'm not sure if i understand the question. I'm ilvl 547 or there abouts, are you asking if someone breaking 500 ilvl strives to do better because i exist? (no, i don't believe this to be the case)
    7. Nope
    8. Nope, i'm glad they're adding options for people. I really don't understand people who rage over microtransactions. It's all for the better as long as the microtransactions add nothing to PvP or PvE, only cosmetics stuff and pets/mounts etc.
    9. At times yes.
    10. Nope, if anything leveling could be even faster imo.
    11. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by kamigawa View Post
    Also called: I'm throwing the bait for a flame thread, but I'll also build some cover for myself. If someones baits, it's their problem, not mine.
    You know, honestly... I threw in the most obviously cliche questions I could think off and figured, irony and the internetz would do the rest.

Seeing people honestly answer this questions do makes me second guess this. I meant it as a joke for people to come in and flame at it for a bit and maybe have a few laughs. But this answers seam honest to me. Figures.

I have a hardcore mindset, but I don't have as much time to play as I used to.

Not once I've gotten everything I can out of them.

Not sure, haven't tried them yet.

Not killing raiding. Just killing community.

It was when I started, and I enjoyed it. I still enjoy WoW now though. Not sure if it was the best.

Yes, if neither party are idiots and/or jerks.

No. Things like "Title: The Insane" are worthy rewards for not raiding / pvping.

No, it's actually beneficial for WoW as a whole, as long as Blizzard doesn't go down the Pay to Win route.

9. Do you wish flying/fast mounts were removed?
    No, I hate waiting.

No, I like going fast. Seeing how fast you can go is fun and challenging in itself.

More abilities that teach a player to raid and/or pvp would be nice. But things can't be too difficult for someone just learning a new class. Myself I would enjoy more difficulty, but I know that would not be good for the game as a whole.

I am not a hateful elitist jerk!

... I just think many WoW players should stop being dumb. (Does that make me a jerk? :P)

Edit: I have decided to be a proud and mighty member of the elite sort of player. I hereby publicly fortify the commitment of other elite players to keep our crusade to improve the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

Did you mean, the elitist bubble? There is a big difference between an elitist player and a hardcore player.

1. NO, i am not a HC Player
    2. Meh, only half-heartedly do dailies sometimes.
    3. Battle pets are waste of MY time, but not a waste of developer resources because people like pets.
    4. LFR exanded raiding for everyone.
    5. I Was not even here for BC (joined at the beginning of Wrath)
    6. Over geared players often act like f*ck-wits who berate and bully lesser geared players and move too fast in randoms and make every else generally feel bad.
    7. How does what other people look like have any bearing on me or my emotions? that is the most absurd question of the lot.
    8. See answer 7.
    9. having no flying mounts? THAT would be a waste of everyone's time.
    10. Yeah i think leveling is a bit too easy and fast.
    11. Yeah i like a challenge when leveling. I miss elite mobs and hard Quests.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-17 at 06:14 PM.

1. Are you a hardcore player? No way, not even.

2. Do you feel obligated to do dailies? Nope.

3. Do you think pet battles are a waste of development time and resources? Nope, I love pet battles. (when I'm not getting screwed by RNG, AKA 90% of the time)

4. Do you think LFR and other grouping options are killing raiding? Kind of. But kind of not at the same time. I never did a raid until DS LFR, though I did do a boss here and there throughout WotLK and Cata. But I was okay with not seeing the content, I should have to work for it, I think. But meh.

5. Do you think BC was the best wow has ever been? Nah, that award goes to WotLK, easily.

6. To your understanding, better geared players make lesser players aspire to be better? This one is kind of tricky. I'd say, in this day and age, as a whole, probably not. I do believe it used to, and I know that it certainly makes ME aspire to be better. But probably not the general population of today's WoW.

7. Do you feel cheated when any sort of reward, either cosmetic or not, is given to anyone for doing something other than raiding or PvP? Nope.

8. Are you infuriated for the cosmetic items being sold in the pet store? No, and I think people who get upset over cosmetic/aesthetic stuff are stupid. It has no effect on gameplay.

9. Do you wish flying/fast mounts were removed? Yes and no. I don't want the mounts actually removed, but I don't want some coward to be able to get away from WPvP as easily as you can now, either.

10. Do you feel leveling is too fast and people don't die enough? Oh yes, definitely, this, so much this. Leveling is SO easy now. Anyone who disagrees....well, I don't know what to say. But it's pathetically easy, almost non-existent group quest, no real downtime to heal or get mana up, if any at all, can easily pull 3+ mobs and kill them all with little to no trouble WITHOUT heirlooms, WITH heirlooms that number goes to 5 or 6+ easily, maybe more, depending on class and spec.

11. Do you think there should be more menacing and threatening mobs while leveling? Yes, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease go back to the old way where leveling to max level actually MEANT something, because it wasn't faceroll, and actually TOOK some time. Please please PLEASE.

I'll just avoid repeating a post and say that I agree with everything Lime said. Except the leveling speed. Even in all heirlooms and with a guild bonus leveling after level ~45 is mindnumbingly slow until I get to Vashj'ir and Mount Hyjal.

1. Are you a hardcore player? - Not even in the slightest.
    2. Do you feel obligated to do dailies? - Initially yes but once I've finished the faction grind associated with them i'm done.
    3. Do you think pet battles are a waist of development time and resources? - No, I love those little buggers.
    4. Do you think LFR and other grouping options are killing raiding? - Nope, I love the fact theres an option to see the content without added pressures but the option to raise up into harder content and more to progress through.
    5. Do you think BC was the best wow has ever been? - Toss between BC and WoTLK.
    6. To your understanding, better geared players make lesser players aspire to be better? - To some yes but not to most at least not anymore, when I first joined the game in TBC I used to see those in tier and hope to be able to obtain the same someday now I know its just a matter of time until I get the same if not better.
    7. Do you feel cheated when any sort of reward, either cosmetic or not, is given to anyone for doing something other than raiding or pvp? - Nope.
    8. Are you infuriated for the cosmetic items being sold in the pet store? - Nuh-uh.
    9. Do you wish flying/fast mounts where removed? - Nope.
    10. Do you feel leveling is too fast and people don't die enough? - Yes.
    11. Do you think there should be more menacing and threatening mobs while leveling? - Yes please, I like there being a challenge when leveling instead of just a easy time consuming grind out to max level.
    Last edited by K i s u; 2013-07-17 at 06:41 PM.
    subscribed
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 36 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa

1. Not hardcore but I can be a serious player. Raid 6 hours are week.
    2. Only if I am working on an exalted reward or am low on cash. Taking care of your farm now that a whole nother story :P
    3. Nope have lots of fun with them and they are another good source of charms.
    4. Nope. I think raiders are killing raiding. Most groups poach from other groups and lots of them do not want to take a *newbie in training* with them. Really hard to get a thriving environmnet going when no one wants to create a sustainable pool to work from. You get your elite few and the rest get dupped by the wayside. Flex will solve some of these issues for my guild so I am looking forward to that.
    5. It was fun, but also had some serious issues. I think the game is in a far better state now then ever before.
    6. Nope. I think seeing other perform better than you with lesser gear if by far a more motivating factor.
    7. Nope
    8. Nope. Just miffed with the price point.
    9. Nope.
    10. Iffy on this one. Things are ridicously easy for experenced players, especially with heirlooms. However a newer player using only quest rewards and drops I would think find the leveling process challenging.
    11. See 10. If the reward was suitable I would be alright with it, but again to an inexperienced player this could be a nightmare.

1. I don't think so.
    2. Nope.
    3. Yes.
    4. Killing? No. Having a negative impact? Certainly.
    5. I wasn't around back then. Based on what I know and have heard, I'd probably think so.
    6. I doubt it.
    7. Absolutely not
    8. No, but I do think they'd all be better served as in-game items
    9. Yep
    10. Absolutely.
    11. Absolutely.

What do I win?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by TJkroz View Post
    I'm so glad i'm not a HC raider. I've never had the time to commit to it, and now I'm glad. It saved me from being committed (to an institution for hating fun.) Nice questionnaire.
    You've never been a hardcore raider but still judge it as "an institution for hating fun"? I've been a "hardcore" raider for the majority of my WoW playtime but I've also had a few periods of time where I raided casually as well. In my personal experience, I found hardcore raiding to be very fun. People were generally more focused on succeeding and came prepared to down bosses. We still joked around and had fun, but knew when it was time to get serious. We always had a few negative players (the guys who would rage over loot and create unnecessary drama), but I assume that's just a hazard of playing an MMORPG.

Not saying HC raiding is for everyone, but I get annoyed when people stereotype it. Just like all casual players aren't drooling, keyboard turning troglodytes...not all heroic raiders are fun-sucking, CAPS TYPING nerds who fall asleep by cuddling with their exceptional WoL parses.

OT:

1. Are you a hardcore player? - Yes. 9 hour/week raid team, but I enjoy playing the game outside of raiding.
    2. Do you feel obligated to do dailies? - I feel obligated to get 50 Lesser Charms. I do dailies because I enjoy them.
    3. Do you think pet battles are a waist of development time and resources? - No. WoW isn't designed to be exclusively raiding and PvP.
    4. Do you think LFR and other grouping options are killing raiding? - Sort of. I think they approached LFR the wrong way. I'm a huge fan of Flex raiding's potential though.
    5. Do you think BC was the best wow has ever been? - No. Too many unnecessary time sinks, but I did enjoy the idea that not all raiding guilds would experience all raiding content. (coming from someone who raided but didn't experience all the content)
    6. To your understanding, better geared players make lesser players aspire to be better? - No. Gear is a poor indication of skill.
    7. Do you feel cheated when any sort of reward, either cosmetic or not, is given to anyone for doing something other than raiding or pvp? - No.
    8. Are you infuriated for the cosmetic items being sold in the pet store? - No. They're optional and don't have any affect on actual gameplay. I purchased several items.
    9. Do you wish flying/fast mounts where removed? - As much as I enjoy collecting mounts, yes. I agree that the ability to just fly over everything takes away from the "immersion".
    10. Do you feel leveling is too fast and people don't die enough? - No. New players will still take some time to hit 90. For the rest of us, leveling is more of a chore. If you want to level and experience low-level content, there are many ways you can still do that.
    11. Do you think there should be more menacing and threatening mobs while leveling? - I think more Elite mobs should be added. They shouldn't be mandatory, but function like the rare spawns in Pandaria and Isle of Thunder (hard to kill, but have a chance to drop decent rewards and give a chunk of XP).