Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried all weekend, but couldn't get in. I kept getting an Authentication Error. I checked the forums and apparently Ubisoft's software really hates it if your Steam Email is the same as your UPlay Email. Currently the only work around is to create a new account.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I tried all weekend, but couldn't get in. I kept getting an Authentication Error. I checked the forums and apparently Ubisoft's software really hates it if your Steam Email is the same as your UPlay Email. Currently the only work around is to create a new account.
    I loathe Uplay almost as much as Origin...which is unfortunate because I have a generally favorable view of Ubisoft and know someone who works there. But yeah, won't play any game on Uplay or Origin ever again.
    BAD WOLF

There is something extremely satisfying about logging in, seeing that you killed a bunch of players, and then looting their corpses.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Any of you taken a look at the shop ? Am thinking looks a bit too P2W for me again now

Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    Any of you taken a look at the shop ? Am thinking looks a bit too P2W for me again now
    What specifically? The founders pack minipet?

No, I meant more the......

500 Bling Bundle ($5) to buy cool stuff in game
    2 XP Boosts - Provides a temporary boost to your XP collection
    2 Gold Boosts - Provides a temporary boost to your gold collection
    2 life force boosts - Provides a temporary boost to your life force collection
    5 Magic Find Boosts - Doubles your chances of looting higher quality items

And that's just the $5 bundle ^^

No, I meant more the......

500 Bling Bundle ($5) to buy cool stuff in game
    2 XP Boosts - Provides a temporary boost to your XP collection
    2 Gold Boosts - Provides a temporary boost to your gold collection
    2 life force boosts - Provides a temporary boost to your life force collection
    5 Magic Find Boosts - Doubles your chances of looting higher quality items

And that's just the $5 bundle ^^
    Ah, most people I know don't consider boosts P2W.

Heck, there's even boosts in WoW now, right?
    And rift, swtor, tera, vindictus, firefall, lotro... everything but FF14 or just about.

Deleted
    Out of all the Diablo clones throughout the years, this one looks (on the surface; the UI, floating numbers, enemy health bars, and so on) most like the current iteration of Diablo, which would be Diablo 3.

Looks like fun though.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-03-06 at 10:17 AM.

Ye, and my sub to WoW expires this coming Sunday not to be renewed though it's just the new lvl 90 boost there. Don't play any of the other games so don't know how their micro transactions compare.

For this game though. How is it not pay to win if the primary resources for building your castle are gold and life force and you can just buy that ad infinitum ? Hell, I can live with the xp boost and the magic find one but not the other pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Out of all the Diablo clones throughout the years, this one looks (on the surface; the UI, floating numbers, enemy health bars, and so on) most like the current iteration of Diablo, which would be Diablo 3.

Looks like fun though.
    It's as much a diablo clone as it is dungeon keeper clone

- - - Updated - - -

Ye, and my sub to WoW expires this coming Sunday not to be renewed though it's just the new lvl 90 boost there. Don't play any of the other games so don't know how their micro transactions compare.

For this game though. How is it not pay to win if the primary resources for building your castle are gold and life force and you can just buy that ad infinitum ? Hell, I can live with the xp boost and the magic find one but not the other pair.
    I suppose it depends on how you define winning.

Boosts won't help you in ranked leagues if you aren't good at ARPGs / building dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It's as much a diablo clone as it is dungeon keeper clone
    Really? I guess I watched the wrong gameplay video then...

EDIT: Ahh, I see. It has some kind of a building feature as well. Anyways, there is a Diablo clone part of this game, and it's very reminiscent of Diablo 3 in the look and feel.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-03-06 at 10:23 AM.

EDIT: Ahh, I see. It has some kind of a building feature as well.
    It's more than just player housing. Other players try to steal your gold / life force... and you have to design your castle to be a deathtrap.

After reading a lot of negative comments I tried it myself, and i have to say that it´s a pretty decent game with a fresh concept. Nothing to hook me for 20+ hours, but after all it´s free. The only things you can buy is unlocking your 2nd to 4th hero, inventory tabs and boosts, which really are not that important. I´ve seen far worse f2p games.

Worth giving a try.

For people who want to get "bling" (cash currency) without paying real money, the main quests give a bit of "bling" and having and maintaining a PvP rank gives you daily "bling".

Really? I guess I watched the wrong gameplay video then...

EDIT: Ahh, I see. It has some kind of a building feature as well. Anyways, there is a Diablo clone part of this game, and it's very reminiscent of Diablo 3 in the look and feel.
    Every dungeon you run (for the most part) is another players castle, if you beat it you get their loots, if not that get some loot for you a neat hook.

I just found this game a week ago and I am hooked, I love the castle building its extremely satisfying to log in and see dead players who were not up to the challenge of your castle.
    READ and be less Ignorant.