Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Updated character models + Cash Shop = Everyones happy

New character models = cash shop

This isn't actually a bad idea, because only the people who WANT to have the new models for their toons can pick and choose which one. Everyone wins.

For example, I like my hunchback orc so wouldn't pay to have him updated, but I would definitely pay $15-25 dollars to have my human warrior updated with a new model. There's really no reason why Blizz SHOULDN'T do this. They make tons of money and only the people who want their toon to look different will purchase. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

This isn't actually a bad idea, because only the people who WANT to have the new models for their toons can pick and choose which one. Everyone wins.

For example, I like my hunchback orc so wouldn't pay to have him updated, but I would definitely pay $15-25 dollars to have my human warrior updated with a new model. There's really no reason why Blizz SHOULDN'T do this. They make tons of money and only the people who want their toon to look different will purchase. Thoughts?
    Or how about no, since we're already paying them 15 a month as a sub fee. Your idea would make sense for a F2P game but not for a sub based game. Blizz doesn't need to screw over the players anymore than they already do. I think the roughly 120 million dollars they make A MONTH is more than enough for anything.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated character models + cash shop = Huge drop in subs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I agree, I think that blizzard should make all content they release to be bought. For example when they bring out patch 5.4 people can pay money for all the content that brings, and the people who don't want it don't have to!

//sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Or how about no, since we're already paying them 15 a month as a sub fee. Your idea would make sense for a F2P game but not for a sub based game. Blizz doesn't need to screw over the players anymore than they already do. I think the roughly 120 million dollars they make A MONTH is more than enough for anything.
    Character models are 100% cosmetic just like the helms. You don't gain stats and it doesn't make the game any easier or harder.

It's actually the PERFECT item to sell in the cash shop because more then half the player base would purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Updated character models + cash shop = Huge drop in subs.
    How? You're not buying anything that gives you an advantage in-game in any way at all. It's purely cosmetic just like the helms. You have people posting how 6-7 people in their EU guilds have bought helms already. If it was updated models it would be 4 x's as that. That's alot of extra money that Blizz would be stupid to pass up.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-07-17 at 08:17 PM.

It's actually the PERFECT item to sell in the cash shop because more then half the player base would purchase it.
    Perfect for Blizzard's get-rich-quick scheme. Not so perfect for players or long-term subscriptions.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This is a point I was trying to bring up in the other thread: Why are player models any different to store-mounts or store-helms? They're both just cosmetic changes that don't affect your game. But I can 100% guarantee that everyone who supports the cash shop would suddenly go nuts if Blizzard put new player models on there....

Total double standards when it comes to something a person actually wants.

I find this thread insulting. How is it even rational for us to pay something apart from subscription for something we are "promised" for all those years?

All I'm saying is that from a business stand point, there's no reason to not put updated models in the cash store. It would be foolish from a profit standpoint to not pass it up. They would make millions off it.

It would hands down be the top seller in the cash shop, no contest. All the sales from pets and mounts wouldn't hold a candle to the amount of sales they would get from this.

Deleted
    everyone wins? you mean apart from the people who actually want the models who would need to pay for them. ya good logic

Wow amazing how you can be defending putting this on the cash shop when we already pay 15 dollars a month to play this game

Why are we paying for this game? That would be stupid idea. I don't really understand why people WANT to pay money to get something they can get for FREE.

What about paying for the new raids? New arena maps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This is a point I was trying to bring up in the other thread: Why are player models any different to store-mounts or store-helms? They're both just cosmetic changes that don't affect your game. But I can 100% guarantee that everyone who supports the cash shop would suddenly go nuts if Blizzard put new player models on there....

not really. players have been waiting for updated models for years and have been expecting them before any cosmetic items were added for real life money. besides a whole new character model for all the races is much, much bigger than a helmet.

10+ Year Old Account

What is this, SWTOR?

Deleted
    I don't mind cosmetic items in cash shop at all, but come on now seriously. Nobody should be so stupid that they actually think it's good idea for them to start selling stuff they have been promising for "free" for ages. And if you go purely by the "business stand point" it would be good idea to start cashing for loot, raids, gear, enchants and fucking everything. I might be counted as Blizzard fanboy by many but there really should be a limit how deep your cock is in money-grabbing company's ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What about paying for the new raids? New arena maps?
    Now that would be an overkill.

Gotta agree with the overall respones to this thread. We had this "character model update" talk since Cata if I recall correctly. It goes without question people are rather hyped up about it. If blizzard pulled off what OP suggests... ouch... it would be "unban Swifty" or "Real ID" all over again. Ok maybe not that serious but definitely above average outrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Hyperbolic morons. They see something meaningless on a store that doesnt even require you to buy shit and suddenly everything will be on there. Keep up with the hyperbole MMO champion, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

I don't agree with anything Blizz charges you for. They have a sub based game with micro-transactions. Sure for them, it's great because they make a ton of money, more than any other game out there but it really screws over the players. A game should either have a sub and give you everything for free or be F2P with micro-transactions. They shouldn't have both. Personally the only reason I stick around is because I have invested 8 years into my character.

It's not a double standard, it's just wrong on all accounts. If they actually did this yeah, they'd make a lot of money as you said but I bet they'd lose several million subscribers as it would be by far the biggest slap in the face they've ever done. They've promised updated models for YEARS and then to turn around and say we finally finished but you have to pay for them. Yeah..the sub drop would be massive and their shareholders would be PISSED.

People are losing their minds over transmog helms and you think that paying for better character models will go well?

This is the thread we ask why cash shop xmogs are ok, but cash shop new models are somehow a bad idea.

If you wait and listen closely, you'll hear the faint tap tap tap sound of hypocrisy meters being pegged.