Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We're running out of graves to bury WoWkillers in.
    Lets be honest only blizzard can truly kill WoW efficiently.

Theese ""wowkillers" only take small slices of its sub base. But given time, it will be a death of a thousand cuts

Deleted
    I think the new Troll/Orc models were well received, yes? They will never be able to please EVERYONE but I think they did a good job keeping them mostly the same, just improved the poly count, textures and animations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    New character models = cash shop

This isn't actually a bad idea, because only the people who WANT to have the new models for their toons can pick and choose which one. Everyone wins.

For example, I like my hunchback orc so wouldn't pay to have him updated, but I would definitely pay $15-25 dollars to have my human warrior updated with a new model. There's really no reason why Blizz SHOULDN'T do this. They make tons of money and only the people who want their toon to look different will purchase. Thoughts?
    Just...... no......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    let's all just continue to post this in every thread about it

Wow , I had never seen this. Can we print this and hang it over the Blizz HQ?

We have to pay for character model updates? Seriously?
    I said in a past thread that I have a lot of respect for Blizzard, but with the sudden surge of cash money things - helms, in-game shop, and now char models - I'm losing respect and fast.

I'll continue to play because I enjoy the game itself - I enjoy questing, exploring, levelling, dungeoning - everything in-game. But outside of the game, when money gets involved, things are getting a bit odd.

Having said that, Blizzard have said for a long time that they're hesitant to change character models because not everyone will want them, and I totally understood that. There's a chance people won't like the new models because they're unfamiliar, or because they simply don't want to change from what they know and love. In a way, buying new models will give every individual the choice. I don't mind how Blood Elves look, so I wouldn't change them, and I'm not fussed about Orcs, either, but I would love to change my undead. Specifically buying them will doubtlessly destroy my bank account (so I expect I'll buy one new model every few months so I can eat) but it does give me the choice.

I suppose, after saying all this, I've changed my stand-point. I don't like how much they're making purchase-only, but making character model updates purchase-only does have more positives than negatives. The only problem I can really see is if someone with no money for these things has desperately wanted to change the way their main looks. But as has already been said, these are not game-defining changes. The second useful gear is sold for money, I may re-evaluate my playing.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

Deleted
    Slap in the face with a chair tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    New character models = cash shop
    Won't happen. Quit assuming everything will be in the shop only, it won't, and you are an idiot if you think Blizzard are that stupid.

Blizzard will still profit from character models, just not from selling them but by race / faction changes. Funny how people won't pay for a model but would pay for a race change, lol.

Can we please just have these shit threads locked? It's spreading false information and feeding the whole "Blizzard are selling everything from now on" craze where there is zero evidence to suggest it's going to happen, 3 transmog helms is nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daeaye View Post
    We have to pay for character model updates? Seriously?
    I said in a past thread that I have a lot of respect for Blizzard, but with the sudden surge of cash money things - helms, in-game shop, and now char models - I'm losing respect and fast.
    It's not happening, it's all based on assumptions by morons.
    Last edited by mmoc0cc7c69243; 2013-07-19 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Hmmm stupid idea 'cause it'll piss people off, Also £5 is more reasonable i think.