Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How Strong is Velen?

How strong is he, and could he have stood a chance against someone like deathwing? Everyone talks about him likes hes practically a god.

I believe his power's are equal to archimonde and kil'jaeden

While raiding him back in wrath, raid leader decided it was a funny idea to disarm someone who spams holy spells.

He two-shot the tank with melee attacks.

He had the potential to be as strong as Archimonde and Kil'Jaedan, but he didn't take the easy option. However I still expect he is incredibly powerful and knowledgeable
    RETH

Deleted
    He's over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Deleted
    i don't think we will ever find out either cos he's a pacifist apparently.

Probably under Archimonde and KJ in destructive power, but he has healing abilities and ability to see the future, iirc.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velen is a lover not a fighter. He can't be that strong if the only thing that prevented him from being murdered by orcs was that he ran and hid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Powerful enough to be good at hide and seek.
    Basically WoWs version of Osama bin Laden
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Velen is a lover not a fighter. He can't be that strong if the only thing that prevented him from being murdered by orcs was that he ran and hid.
    Uh, because he can't kill all the orcs when vastly out numbered that means he's not powerful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    I believe his power's are equal to archimonde and kil'jaeden
    This, really. Maybe a little less due to no corruption. Maybe a little stronger due to no corruption.

I mean, the man is ancient already - I bet he knows some tricks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Uh, because he can't kill all the orcs when vastly out numbered that means he's not powerful?
    Archimonde didn't have a problem.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I mean, the man is ancient already - I bet he knows some tricks.
    In terms of strength and power though not much displays of that
    The only powers he shows is knowledge and his visions
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

depends on how you define strong. personally I see him as strong in terms of holy magic, he's both a prophet to his people and a mentor for anduin's training to be a priest. but that said I haven't seen much else to make him really special by WoW standards...he's on good terms with the naaru but that's not saying a lot when they don't want to get involved with anything but legion based problems. he has visions but he has so many of them that might not even happen that he doesn't take action. in terms of physical and magical strength he COULD have been extremely powerful but he turned down sargeras' promises of power and fled with the eredar that became the draenei....really I don't see much special about him aside from "he was a leader when sargeras came to claim the eredar as servants" because his other strengths are either useless in most situations or also a weakness.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Archimonde didn't have a problem.
    has the Scourge mill bout for 45 mins then just destorys the Night Elf base in a wave of his hand
    Guess he does have patience........

I'm sure he's no pushover, but ultimately his strength lies in his prophetic abilities rather then his proficiency in combat. He certainly doesn't possess god-like powers, or he would of used them to protect the Draenei against the genocide conducted by the Orcs.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two answers to this, both contradictory to one another:

1. Lore: probably about as powerful as anyone.

2. Practical real world: He used to be just about the easiest of all the leaders to take down for the "For the Horde" achievement. Partially because he's a lot easier to get to and there used to be fewer guards to deal with at the Exodar. Still, if he was as powerful as the lore says...well, there's that.

Haven't done this in years so I don't know what it's like now though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    In terms of strength and power though not much displays of that
    The only powers he shows is knowledge and his visions
    Visions can be strong powers too. We haven't really seen him use his strength. And as a city raid boss, that doesn't really count in my book.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    the issue I see isn't that he didn't fight when outnumbered it's that the entirety of draenei lore after the retcon from them just being broken is "I don't wanna join sargeras, let's run away" "I don't wanna try and fight the wave of enemies chasing us, let's run away to the next inhabited planet and let them massacre this one without even giving a warning" "I'm not sure we can handle the orcs, let's let them kill most of us so the rest can run away abandoning the survivors", "oh hey, alliance...we can stop running away now guys we have a faction protecting us"
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And as a city raid boss, that doesn't really count in my book.
    I can agree with this but it's a bit disconnected from the lore.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."