Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samesongoftheday View Post
    Because usually people who steal things from you could be considered "nothing but trouble".
    Innocent until proven guilty. Isn't that how it goes? So where is his evidence they were stealing from him to "justify" his actions? "Nothing but trouble" is that evidence to you? His mere accusations is evidence?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-07-17 at 09:24 PM.

Deleted
    What a fucking pig. He should be tortured for the rest of his miserable fucking life, inch by inch.
    And to think there are still morons out there still advocating gun control. They should be strictly prohibited to the fucking population.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    What a fucking pig. He should be tortured for the rest of his miserable fucking life, inch by inch.
    And to think there are still morons out there still advocating gun control. They should be strictly prohibited to the fucking population.
    People like you are the reasons i have guns. Advocating torture of a human isnt something to be taken lightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morons advocating gun control? Or is that a mistype...?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Isn't that how it goes? So where is his evidence they were stealing from him to "justify" his actions? "Nothing but trouble" is that evidence to you?
    Man you can't be that damn clueless. I thought people on mmo-champion considered themselves intellectuals.

Innocent until proven guilty applies to law. But not the public. Has anyone never done anything to you that you have a pretty damn good idea it's them but don't necessarily have physical proof. Or do you just assume that person is innocent until proven guilty. Come on man. You're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.
    Last edited by samesongoftheday; 2013-07-17 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    People like you are the reasons i have guns. Advocating torture of a human isnt something to be taken lightly.
    Well, he isn't really saying that people who have done nothing wrong should be tortured, so I think you're letting your paranoia show.

I own a gun. Never used it and dread the day I ever have to. A few people who own guns do something horrible and that represents all gun owners. See where I'm going with this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Mistype sorry....don't know how you call "letting the population freely purchase and use weapons" in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I presume he's thinking along the lines of "Morons are still advocating just gun control rather than banning them all together"

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Good job there was a camera or he probably would have walked.

Innocent until proven guilty applies to law.
    And he's in court. If I was him I would try to make my case with evidence rather than with "they're nothing but trouble".

Deleted
    They are morons for wanting gun control, they should be restricted? You are calling yourself a moron?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And he's in court. If I was him I would try to make my case with evidence rather than with "they're nothing but trouble".
    Nobody said he is a smart man. Or a reasonable man. But to try to apply racism in a case when he was clearly referring to "they're nothing but trouble", to the family the boy who he believed was stealing from them is an unfair reach. Being called racist in this day and age has very large and life changing consequences. You can lose your job. So let's not label someone racist when you know nothing about them except one story where people are trying to take things out of context without using simple connect the dots.

Edit: I also would like to see this guy locked up the rest of his life. He is a monster no matter what if race played into it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ya i saw this thought it was funny that people were saying it was the next zimmerman trial in no way is this guy not guilty
    no, this is in no way a similar situation.... He's a disgusting old man, guns aren't the problem, old people are.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    They are morons for wanting gun control, they should be restricted? You are calling yourself a moron?
    I think we know what he meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    no, this is in no way a similar situation.... He's a disgusting old man, guns aren't the problem, old people are.
    I agree completely. When someone hits 65 we should throw them in a camp sort of like leprosy. IF all the positions as a walmart greeter are currently filled

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeesh, why was there so much lag in between the good parts? On a side note, I expected to be trolled in this video with a scary face and a loud scream. Sadly I was disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that in this case at least prosecution will have evidence rather than character assassination and plays on emotion (or rather, in addition to). Maybe if the worthless woman sobbing on the phone had been recording what she saw instead of crying, "Why would someone shoot someone BAAWWWWWW" we would have had a more accurate showing of what happened between Martin and Zimmerman.

The video makes it much easier to see this was murder.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2013-07-17 at 09:47 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Maybe if the worthless woman sobbing on the phone had been recording what she saw instead of crying, "Why would someone shoot someone BAAWWWWWW"
    Oh, great, another tough guy?

OT, please, dear USA, dont be silly and dont turn this into another protest shitfest.
    He's convicted anyway.

There is so much wrong with this statement that I think reading it gave me a brain aneurysm.

Nobody said he is a smart man. Or a reasonable man. But to try to apply racism in a case when he was clearly referring to "they're nothing but trouble", to the family the boy who he believed was stealing from them is an unfair reach. Being called racist in this day and age has very large and life changing consequences. You can lose your job. So let's not label someone racist when you know nothing about them except one story where people are trying to take things out of context without using simple connect the dots.

Edit: I also would like to see this guy locked up the rest of his life. He is a monster no matter what if race played into it or not.
    According to the article, Spooner himself claimed part of his "reasoning" was that the teen was part of a black family that had caused nothing but trouble. I don't think anybody here is turning it into a race issue any more than he did himself. The fact that he had to specifically point out that it was a black family means that race played a role in his thought process in this whole thing. Also, re: your innocent until proven guilty comments. What you described as "having a good idea of who did something to you" has no bearing on the law. Anyone who's had something done to them has at least a few ideas of who it might have been, it's peoples' nature to judge others like that. But regardless of what people think of anyone else, they are treated as innocent until proven guilty.

I'm wondering just how long it will take for the jury to deliberate on the insanity plea. I doubt it will take too long. Plus there was the fact that Spooner shot twice; the first time hit Simmons in the chest, and the second shot missed as Simmons was running away. It's no wonder his whole "but I wasn't trying to kill him!" defense didn't work.