Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Pit Lord Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post


    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Goddamn that is awful.

  2. #182
    The Patient Dairios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    Posts
    233
    The butthurt is strong in this thread. On topic though, OP I think is trolling, no pun intended. He says
    when I came online today and saw that these new helms were available for purchase
    Meaning OP was aware of their existence before hand, probably watched the videos etc. If not, the resources were more than easily available to preview the item in game (WoWDB, Youtube Videos, etc). Not too mention, videos and images of these helmets appeared in the 5.3 preview stuff originally. For what they are, I don't mind them, and they're a 1 time purchase. They get mailed to all current and new characters on an account - Did you know most other costume items in other games are only by character, not account?

    Buy it if you want it, if you're not sure there's ample ways to preview the items before hand, and if you don't want it, don't buy it. The concept is as simple as it can possibly be, but people are up in arms for the sake of being up in arms. It's ridiculous, really. People are acting like spoiled brats "WAA THIS OPTIONAL ITEM I DONT LIKE NOR DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE EXISTS, WAA." Sorry, but that's all I see. This thread should be locked really. Someone made a mistake that was easily avoidable and came here to rant about it. If you like it, you like it, if you don't you don't. Simple as that.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

  3. #183
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,794
    Bad luck, if you were so blinded and bought them... enjoy your money badly spent!

  4. #184
    Brewmaster 3DTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Aether
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/

    EDIT: screenie
    Gotta admit, despite me not going to be buying any of them, the red eyes look rather cool with shadowform, the horns, not so much...
    This is my Sig, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were born in the future to alter the past and we killed them recently. Now I've got a headache...

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Honestly that looks badass.

    And yes, the butthurt is strong in this thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Maybe because it'll alleviate the standard/precedent for ethics/business practices that's truly plaguing the gaming community nowadays. It started with EA and now is coming to Blizzard and there's no reason for it besides people being too blind to see that they can and SHOULD be getting things for the price on the box like they always have been.
    You would have an argument if you were correct about the bolded part.

    Unfortunately, you're wrong. The card game codes, blizzcon giveaways, promotional items and the fact they've been selling a limited number of pets and mounts for years now shows you how far off the mark you are.

  6. #186
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,966
    Well, I never intended to buy one anyhow...I just wouldn't go as far as cursing missfortune on people for offering or buying them. They are as "meh" to me as the mounts and pets were.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  7. #187
    Pandaren Monk Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bris, AUS
    Posts
    1,764
    I used wowhead in-game link shares to try all 3 before I chose.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95474#

    Links > copy in-game link > paste in chat > enter > ctrl click

  8. #188
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Maybe because it'll alleviate the standard/precedent for ethics/business practices that's truly plaguing the gaming community nowadays. It started with EA and now is coming to Blizzard and there's no reason for it besides people being too blind to see that they can and SHOULD be getting things for the price on the box like they always have been.
    Funny..I got pets in Classic through promotional content. (Murky and Gurky) So when was "like it has always been"?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  9. #189
    I bought all 3 earlier, the flame one goes very well with some of the warlock sets, especially the T2 recolour and I'm looking to build a transmog set around the ice one for my dk. As mentioned before the hood doesn't go very well with anything I've tried just yet. Maybe a mage set will mesh nicely.

    I'm also hoping Blizz release a few more, I'd like one that goes well with some of the other classes. I'm also hoping they're intending to release more mounts in a shorter time frame in the shop, as the time between releases has been huge up till now.

  10. #190
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,798
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funny..I got pets in Classic through promotional content. (Murky and Gurky) So when was "like it has always been"?
    Yup - also got my Gurky in Vanilla.
    Never seen it available ingame, though. So yeah.

  11. #191
    Rofl. You can get entire armor set skins in GW2 for ~$10 USD. $15 for just a helm (that IMO aren't exactly that great looking, I've seen them in game)? Not for me. I have oodles of better looking helms in-game that I can choose from.

  12. #192
    It shouldn't be a huge secret why it costs $15. Just like character transfers, blizzard prices things so not everybody will buy it. If it was $5, I promise you half the population would have this item overnight. Thats easily disposable income territory. $15 however is not. Whether they don't buy it because of price or they don't see the value in it, it controls the amount of them in game (to an extent). Yeah it looks bad on some races like panda for sure. I agree the fade in/out on the skeleton helmet should allow some level of control (like a clicky on the item thunderstrike style). I really don't think the topics of money grab and individual wealth are condusive or relevant here.

  13. #193
    I wonder what the former titan devs are doing currently. definitely not armor bugfixing though.

  14. #194
    I've not had a single issue with this helm on many different races, but it might just be the way I'm looking at it or how it fits into my transmogs. The effects are much better when it fades in and out, makes it more eerie and animated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I have oodles of better looking helms in-game that I can choose from.
    But none of them result in getting rage whispers from jealous little kids, that in itself is worth the £10 price tag.

  15. #195
    High Overlord Freeasacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Maybe because it'll alleviate the standard/precedent for ethics/business practices that's truly plaguing the gaming community nowadays. It started with EA and now is coming to Blizzard and there's no reason for it besides people being too blind to see that they can and SHOULD be getting things for the price on the box like they always have been.
    Very well said. For the players here who have only ever played WoW and not any other MMOs in the last 9 years, let me spell it out for you. What Blizzard is doing right now is triple-dipping. Asking you to buy the game, subscribe every month AND now they have the guts to open a cash shop to milk even more money out of you. Hell, they've been doing it since Wrath with mounts and pets. But now that they're selling armor and experience boosts it can actually be taken seriously. It's the scummiest business practice an MMO can employ and Blizzard deserves every bit of negative feedback they get about it.

    Not only does this triple-dipping it set a dangerous precedent but it's basically the same sort of cash shop that many free to play MMOs employ just to keep their heads above water. WoW is a special case since it's the only MMO that can actually ask for more money from their subscribers and still retain them. The mounts and pets over the last few years were just testing the waters of this, and now that subscription numbers have somewhat stabilized again they're putting the micro-transactions into full swing.

    Every new mount, pet, and piece of armor added to the Blizzard Store takes away more prestige from the game. Character progression is the winstate of all MMOs and for many people that used to mean earning your rewards and reaping the benefits, which for WoW mainly included the best looking gear and mounts. Being able to buy those with real money is a huge detriment to the game which devalues the efforts of all players.

    It saddens me to see what this game has turned into and almost makes me ashamed to say I used to put so much time into it. Quitting just before MoP came out ended up being a great decision.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    I bought all 3 earlier, the flame one goes very well with some of the warlock sets, especially the T2 recolour and I'm looking to build a transmog set around the ice one for my dk. As mentioned before the hood doesn't go very well with anything I've tried just yet. Maybe a mage set will mesh nicely.

    I'm also hoping Blizz release a few more, I'd like one that goes well with some of the other classes. I'm also hoping they're intending to release more mounts in a shorter time frame in the shop, as the time between releases has been huge up till now.
    Glad to see someone else that is happy with their purchase, and I agree I hope we see more vanity items added sooner

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Vsnip
    Terrible argument.

    The armour has no stats, it's for transmog. The experience buff is nothing, really, it's nothing. 100% doesn't get you to 90 in an hour.

    You quit in MoP and continue to post on a WoW forum about the game, how pathetic. Just go away, lol.

  17. #197
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,798
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    The effects are much better when it fades in and out, makes it more eerie and animated.
    Tbh, I'd like the Crown of Eternal Winter a lot more without the effect. :/
    The crown itself looks nice...but with the skull. Nah.

  18. #198
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I hope they keep adding new overpriced items to the store until they finally realize it's backfiring and they're losing subs over this. Those items are not worth $15. How can one item cost the same as one month of WoW? And be sure it's not going to stop there. Soon they'll be selling $100 sets.
    People are going to stop playing WoW because they think $15 is too much for a helm in the Blizzard Store that they don't even want to buy?

  19. #199
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    People are going to stop playing WoW because they think $15 is too much for a helm in the Blizzard Store that they don't even want to buy?
    But it's the precedent, obviously!

    Lolsarcasm.

  20. #200
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If the next quarter loses a substantial amount of subs due to WoW having micro transactions, the only way Blizzard could know is if people accurately filled out their cancellation survey. I'm willing to bet most people don't fill it out.
    Oh I did, hope they don't have a profanity filter or they wouldn't be able to read half of it.

    It's pretty funny that people supporting blizzards disgusting actions by buying these helms get screwed over by getting a half broken item, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •