Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Yep personally I quite like the fire helm, big let down in shadowform though, and I certainly don't think it is worth the current price. But thats just my opinion ofc
    If it's not too much trouble, could you provide a screenshot of it in shadowform?

EDIT- Nevermind, it seems that you just did it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    but got to say 15buck for 1 item?? dam @ least some dlc give u few maps,guns,mode for that price.
    then i again i was stupid to buy a mount from the pet store just for 1 main barbie blood elf mage. ..(mount was my first land/flying mount. so i guess it save some gold from buying flying mount during the time before account wide came along & i was re-rolling a new realm)

To be fair, you can get an in-game link to these helms and view them on your character before purchasing them.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I can only hope subscriptions are going down.
    It would really help you feel a little bit less miserable about yourself for a few seconds, wouldn't it.

Bahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I hope one day to understand this mentality, of wanting things to fail just because you don't agree with them, when it doesn't affect you in any way
    Because it's safe for them to say it, if subs go down they can talk about how they said it was a bad idea to begin with and how they know what they're talking about, and if the subs stay the same or go up then they just stay quiet and move on with life.

Anyone who quits because they don't like the option of buying transmog gear is an idiot, simply put.

Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/
    That actually makes the fire crown look good.

One of the perks of Shadowform in my mind is having effects that stand out really stand out (especially something like Staff of the Redeemer), and the crown is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I never understood why someone would want a mount that's EVERYWHERE.
    Because if a mount looks good, it looks good.... rare or not.

Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/
    Whatchoo talkin' bout willis? That looks even better.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If the next quarter loses a substantial amount of subs due to WoW having micro transactions, the only way Blizzard could know is if people accurately filled out their cancellation survey. I'm willing to bet most people don't fill it out.
    My idea of micro transactions has always been more around the $0.99 variety. Certainly not $15.00!

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Because it's safe for them to say it, if subs go down they can talk about how they said it was a bad idea to begin with and how they know what they're talking about, and if the subs stay the same or go up then they just stay quiet and move on with life.

Anyone who quits because they don't like the option of buying transmog gear is an idiot, simply put.
    "Anyone who quits over an opinion I don't agree with is an idiot"

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    That actually makes the fire crown look good.

One of the perks of Shadowform in my mind is having effects that stand out really stand out (especially something like Staff of the Redeemer), and the crown is no exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Whatchoo talkin' bout willis? That looks even better.
    LOL, See everythings personal preference (It's actually growing on me a little, I'm playing about with a few of my transmog outfits to see which one fits, have to say it does look not too bad after a while

Have to ask: For anyone who has bought one, what do the Hood / Crown look like on a Tauren / Worgen? Given blizzard's horrible track record with hideous looking helm visuals for the animal face races, I can just imagine that the only helm that will look good on them is the Jewl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If it's not too much trouble, could you provide a screenshot of it in shadowform?

EDIT- Nevermind, it seems that you just did it lol.
    Yus! So now you have seen it, what's your opinion of it with shadowform?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    It would really help you feel a little bit less miserable about yourself for a few seconds, wouldn't it.
    Well, if we don't let companies know that we don't like something and continue to act like sheep, then we'll forever keep getting screwed by them (we helped with our subs for these items to be made, and they are double dipping by charging again). I'm hoping maybe if subs go down they might wake up and maybe might fix it, like make a way to obtain these items from playing the game with the subscription alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    1. The crown doesn't cover the characters entire face
    2. The effects turn "on" and "off", something not explained on item product even though images show this.
    I can agree that Blizz should have shown that on the purchase page, but if you had payed attention to mmo-c when the helms were released you would have known that since they posted a video of each helm.
    3. The crowns clip numerous model features including hair and weapons.
    That is true for A LOT of helms in wow, and it has been like that since WoW release. Why would you think these helms would have been an exception?
    4. Doesn't show up on character panes
    5. Effects don't show on character armorys
    Ok, I really don't get why this matters to be honest. The main point of the helms is to be visible on the character in game.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-07-17 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Red Corvettes look good, but if it were 98% of the cars on the road, I wouldn't get one.

I'm not a sheep though. I also don't have to be like everyone else. That could be the difference. Video game companies are absolutely brilliant at making money, because the crowd they pander to are, by and large, developmentally challenged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay if we're comparing hats, look at Team Fortress 2. Sure there are some hats worth $15 and over but at least there are other ways to get them, either by trading or farming mats to craft one yourself, it's not compulsory to spend which is comparatively a lot of money to get it.

If they were making them impossible to get by other means, charging $15 each is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yus! So now you have seen it, what's your opinion of it with shadowform?
    It seems to make a a little darker but not by much. The problem is, I don't know how they'd fix it. If they made it the same color as shadowform, then you wouldn't notice it.

Maybe I just lack imagination or something.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Saved me the trouble of typing that. It shouldn't matter how many people like an item. If you like it, you like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what did you expect ?