Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    2. The effects turn "on" and "off", something not explained on item product even though images show this.
    This is the only one i really consider a frivolous complaint.

Yes, videos on MMO-C show that it turns on/off

There are screenshots on a PURCHASE PAGE of the Blizzardstore. These screenshots show the scourge skull on and off. Unless you are specifically wanting a "The skull fades in and out", i dont know what more than can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It seems to make a a little darker but not by much. The problem is, I don't know how they'd fix it. If they made it the same color as shadowform, then you wouldn't notice it.

Maybe I just lack imagination or something.
    Yeah I was expecting it to be the same as shadowform, and thought it would look pretty awesome as such, but then thinking about it, like you say, it might not have been too noticeable, the darker fiery shade is growing on me though.

Effects don't show on character armorys
    I can't say anything about the other things as I haven't even seen them in game yet, but as far as I know effects never show on the armory. I've used Crown of Destruction for a while and only saw the gem and I've yet to see an enchant spell effect on the armory either.

i think some of them look neat, but yea, that is quite misleading on the effect on off ability

ty for this thread.

now we'll know who all the suckers with more money than brains are

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    My friend surprised me with a code for the Jewel of the Firelord helm tonight, I was impressed with it to be fair, even though it's not something I would say was worth £10, This one at least is continual, no fading out or anything, and quite vibrant, however it does clip through some of the female shammies hairstyles, which can make it look a little off.

I took a few screenies of a few different hairstyles with it on, nothing hugely outstanding imo. http://imgur.com/a/Wvq95 I'm still going through other hairstyles though

Haven't seen the other 2 in game yet.
    I'd rather wear http://www.wowhead.com/item=71356/crown-of-flame#.

The skull was kind of neat, but you can clearly see it dosen't cover the side and rear of the head. The other helm looks fairly bleh.

I'm not reaching for my wallet any time soon, but i'd be OK if someone sent one to me randomly.

Given that you can link the item in wowhead and ctrl-click it to preview it, It's pretty much your own fault for buying before you're trying.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95475#links

You can buy an entire cosmetic set in Rift for 10-20 dollars that looks better than any of these helms. And Rift is f2p as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    You can buy an entire cosmetic set in Rift for 10-20 dollars that looks better than any of these helms. And Rift is f2p as well.
    Rift being f2p is the reason why you can buy a whole set for $10-20. They need people to be willing to pay for cosmetic sets, and a low price is the way to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know. I have no problem at all with Blizz offering items like this in a cash shop. I do however expect those items to be perfect, and not have the issues you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I'd rather wear http://www.wowhead.com/item=71356/crown-of-flame#.

The skull was kind of neat, but you can clearly see it dosen't cover the side and rear of the head. The other helm looks fairly bleh.

I'm not reaching for my wallet any time soon, but i'd be OK if someone sent one to me randomly.

Given that you can link the item in wowhead and ctrl-click it to preview it, It's pretty much your own fault for buying before you're trying.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95475#links
    I have the crown of flame it's what I have been using for years, but my friend thought the fiery horns might go nicely with my fiery outfit, it was a nice gift, I won't complain about being gifted an item at all. And the more I'm looking at it the more I'm liking it, I actually like the fact its more of a floating helm than attached, but I like those kinds of helms anyway.

I still personally don't think it's worth the £10, I would pay maybe 4-6 quid max for it, or might even paid £10 for all 3, if I had liked all 3 helms, I'm not against these items going for sale, just the price tag attached I feel personally isn't worth it. But for some people it is, and thats fine too, we all decide for ourselves what we regard as being worthy of our cash
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-07-18 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    ty for this thread.

now we'll know who all the suckers with more money than brains are
    Also all the people poor and resentful.

updated to what it looks like

10+ Year Old Account

http://uploadpie.com/8f74o
    If I ever level up a Troll, I'm buying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Also all the people poor and resentful.
    Refusing to pay for junk that goes agains't why i enjoy this game != poor.

Enjoy your overpriced Toys'R'us helmets.

It's only cosmetics..and you didn't have to buy it .

It's a flat faced skull projection and trolls have sticky out noses and tusks.. were you honestly expecting there to be no clipping?

Vanity has it's price.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Refusing to pay for junk that goes agains't why i enjoy this game != poor.

Enjoy your overpriced Toys'R'us helmets.
    I'm gaining far more enjoyment from the collective butthurt and resentment. The helm is simply a bonus.

I'm gaining far more enjoyment from the collective butthurt and resentment. The helm is simply a bonus.
    You sound like such a nice guy.

The reactions to these are thoroughly entertaining. Far better than the Celestial Steed.
    Bravo Blizzard.