Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    The way I see it, people should have checked for these issues prior or just used some common sense. I doubt they'd make any changes to the helms now so any form of complaining will just fall on deaf ears.
    Not listening to unhappy customers is a great way to run a business. Especially on "premium" items. Not to mention the way the showed it in the preview to get people to buy it misrepresents it. People shouldn't have to go through third party websites to see the helm actually looks stupid to them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    My previous posts said, I still bought the hat because it matches DKs well

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Not listening to unhappy customers is a great way to run a business. Especially on "premium" items.
    The item wasn't compulsory. It's for vanity. It gives no stats.. it's solely cosmetic.
    It's pretty much the customer's fault. You should have looked into it prior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    The item wasn't compulsory. It's for vanity. It gives no stats.. it's solely cosmetic.
    It's pretty much the customer's fault. You should have looked into it prior.
    I didn't buy any; I'm not even subbed to WoW. I can see a company using not so nice business practices, though. And it should be of the highest visual quality if it is solely cosmetic. And you should be able to see a preview of it on ALL races/gender combos on the website where they are SELLING it.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2013-07-18 at 02:05 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    I was really excited when I came online today and saw that these new helms were available for purchase and so I went right to the store and bought the Eternal Winter Crown only be drastically let down. The way they are presented on the website and on the Blizzard store are very misleading and you are not getting what you are shown and paying for.

1. The crown doesn't cover the characters entire face
    2. The effects turn "on" and "off", something not explained on item product even though images show this.
    3. The crowns clip numerous model features including hair and weapons.
    4. Doesn't show up on character panes
    5. Effects don't show on character armorys

I mean if they are going to put out this product at a crazy rate of $15 a pop, the least they could do is fix these issues I just presented.

EDIT

You are a fucking fool for supporting this bullshit. Fuck this game and FUCK Blizzard.

Mod Edit: Infracted for insults.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-07-18 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Also all the people poor and resentful.
    this is a trick because a lot of us posting here have been paying 14.99 per month since 2005. that adds up. so It's not that we cannot afford to buy this stupid shit, it's that this stupid shit is a fucking ripoff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    You are a fucking fool for supporting this bullshit. Fuck this game and FUCK Blizzard.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you buy something for looks before looking at it you are not worth the time to make happy. but the fading in and out in a cloud if frost is the effect of the helm.

I didn't buy any, I'm not even subbed to WoW. I can see a company using not so nice business practices, though.
    The same applies to me, but I still don't see an issue with it. They've given a product. The slight hitches are entirely dependant on races, and that applies to all helms for those races. Troll players should perhaps just be used to it by now. Even if they used some sort of particle effects to mask the tusks and nose (honestly, I don't see how that'll work), people will still complain in some form or another about how there's something wrong with those particle effects. The helm just generally works better on races which don't have protruding features like that, and so long as a majority of their playerbase is content, they won't see the need to correct it. And really, as said before, it's those players' fault. They should have checked prior, instead of buying it and expecting it to be fixed like a spoilt child who expects and demands things to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Goodbye then. Honestly, maybe the forums might chirp up with some of the negativity moving onto other pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is the... silliest thing I've seen in weeks! My stomach hurts from laughing now.. Can't even type this.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Thanks for the pictures, I'm surprised at how much they cost though, I would have expected $5 max. I think the shadowform one looks pretty cool though!
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Yeah, thats why i'm making fun of people with other financial concerns than a toys'r'us looking virtual helmet.
    Well, if that's the basis of your psychology I guess you'd know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    this is a trick because a lot of us posting here have been paying 14.99 per month since 2005. that adds up. so It's not that we cannot afford to buy this stupid shit, it's that this stupid shit is a fucking ripoff
    So you keep saying, because repeating your opinion makes it fact.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Thanks for the new avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop being whiny bitches and go post on the official forums if this ruins your day. Fuck this game? Don't play it, Jesus Christ. I stopped liking Kiss when I was about 9, but I don't go on their fansites to tell people that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

So you keep saying, because repeating your opinion makes it fact.

I should totally purchase one right now, how else could I prove to people on the internet I'll never meet that I can afford one, would that make it a fact? if I waste 15 bucks and then call it a fucking ripoff? Only the the suckers dumb enough to make the purchase are allowed to give feedback, right?

Damn, I am not subbed to WoW atm. But damn people getting ripped off if it's going for $15. Buying skins in League of Legends don't seem too bad now for the quality of the product you get at the different prices. I wish people would smarten up but i know people will throw money at blizzard regardless.

Deleted

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    I literally died laughing at this, it's actually embarassing how bad that looks! Hahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see a company using not so nice business practices, though. And it should be of the highest visual quality if it is solely cosmetic. And you should be able to see a preview of it on ALL races/gender combos on the website where they are SELLING it.
    I agree that previews would be a good idea. About the not-so-nice business practices I have to say that all I see is a company selling luxury items at a luxury price to those who are interested. I'm not sure that qualifies as anything other than business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    I literally died laughing at this, it's actually embarassing how bad that looks! Hahahaha
    You seem to be recovering nicely enough. Apparently rumors of your death were just that. I've seen a couple in game now and they look better when they're in focus. Helms aren't really my cup of tea though. I've had mine turned off for about seven years now.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-18 at 02:43 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

itt anyone against the microtransaction cashgrab in a subscription game is upset only because they cannot afford it, therefore they're poor and resentful

someone do a poll thread about this. also do a poll asking how many people who bought these items are male or female. that might be relevant in who is most likely to waste money on things that don't really matter at all

I find it amusing that people just buy the helms and then see them on their pandaren and go omg i want a refund it looks horrible. How about you be smart and have someone link it in-game and see what it looks like on your toon first. Then you won't spend 15 dollars for something that you think looks terrible. Most gear looks horrible on pandas anyway. Not sure why people are even bringing up an argument about the helms being misleading with the effects. If you are just looking at the pretty helms in the launcher and not bothering to look into if the helms look good on the toon you want them for, whether it be on mmo or youtube, then that is your own fault. There is a very simple way to actually check what the helms look like in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

10+ Year Old Account

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Lol, they could've probably done a little more testing with these items.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    also do a poll asking how many people who bought these items are male or female. that might be relevant in who is most likely to waste money on things that don't really matter at all
    Thats not even remotely relevant.