Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

These BoA Helms Are Misleading

I was really excited when I came online today and saw that these new helms were available for purchase and so I went right to the store and bought the Eternal Winter Crown only be drastically let down. The way they are presented on the website and on the Blizzard store are very misleading and you are not getting what you are shown and paying for.

1. The crown doesn't cover the characters entire face (Troll, Pandaren, Worgen...)
    2. The effects turn "on" and "off", something not explained on item product even though images show this.
    3. The crowns clip numerous model features including hair, troll tusks, and weapons.
    4. Doesn't show up on character panes
    5. Effects don't show on character armorys

I mean if they are going to put out this product at a crazy rate of $15 a pop, the least they could do is fix these issues I just presented.

EDIT

Last edited by LCDArcade; 2013-07-18 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Even though there are dedicated threads to this, I'm happy that someone came forward with this info. I probably won't be buying one now (I've been hesitant up until now).

I hope Blizzard gets around to correcting some of those issues.

My friend surprised me with a code for the Jewel of the Firelord helm tonight, I was impressed with it to be fair, even though it's not something I would say was worth £10, This one at least is continual, no fading out or anything, and quite vibrant, however it does clip through some of the female shammies hairstyles, which can make it look a little off.

I took a few screenies of a few different hairstyles with it on, nothing hugely outstanding imo. http://imgur.com/a/Wvq95 I'm still going through other hairstyles though

Haven't seen the other 2 in game yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that OP but there will be a pally judgement effect, you know how every pally tried to get judgement when xmog first came out till well every pally had it and it sucked, imagine if they showed up on armory and you were someone interested in the game and searched to see what characters looked like and they all have the same w3 helmets, doesnt seem to interesting to me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    How they are actually charging $15 each for them is ridiculous, you can buy like 10 skins/cosmetics in other games for half that price. $45 for all 3 is completely stupid.

Note: It's not a matter of not having the cash, it's a matter of why are they actually worth that much?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone should try their very best not to fret about an item that gives zero stats and serves as vanity only.

I can only hope subscriptions are going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    How they are actually charging $15 each for them is ridiculous, you can buy like 10 skins/cosmetics in other games for half that price. $45 for all 3 is completely stupid.

Note: It's not a matter of not having the cash, it's a matter of why are they actually worth that much?
    Some people obviously think they are, so good for Blizzard. Seems like they did it perfectly, sure they could have sold 5x more of them if they were $2 each, but they'd have still made less money overall. Completely absurd price, but people are dumb enough to buy them, so it seems like win win. Blizzard gets money, and people that like throwing money at pixels get an ugly helmet. Looks good overall.

Wow, they're charging 15$ for helm graphics? That's just ridiculous, I would've expected 5$ max. The fact that they're not describing something fully is also disconcerting but to be expected I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I hope one day to understand this mentality, of wanting things to fail just because you don't agree with them, when it doesn't affect you in any way
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    I was really excited when I came online today and saw that these new helms were available for purchase and so I went right to the store and bought the Eternal Winter Crown only be drastically let down. The way they are presented on the website and on the Blizzard store are very misleading and you are not getting what you are shown and paying for.

1. The crown doesn't cover the characters entire face
    2. The effects turn "on" and "off", something not explained on item product even though images show this.
    3. The crowns clip numerous model features including hair and weapons.

I mean if they are going to put out this product at a crazy rate of $15 a pop, the least they could do is fix these issues I just presented.
    You need to purchase the upgraded version. +25$ please.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I hope one day to understand this mentality, of wanting things to fail just because you don't agree with them, when it doesn't affect you in any way
    Meet the Blizzard haters in full force.

Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/

EDIT: screenie

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post

Yes they are worth it, because I've seen quite a few of them so far tonight. They are worth what people are willing to pay. Obviously people are willing to pay it. If not enough people are buying, the price will come down.

However what I never understood about the cash store was (besides the absolutely idiotic expenditure of spending real money for virtual items), is that EVERY one has it. I never understood why someone would want a mount that's EVERYWHERE. Or a pet that EVERYONE always has out. Or a transmog face that everyone will have.

It doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    thx for the feedback on the helms. this would @ least help those who are thinking of spending 15buck on the items.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    thx for the feedback on the helms. this would @ least help those who are thinking of spending 15buck on the items.
    Yep personally I quite like the fire helm, big let down in shadowform though, and I certainly don't think it is worth the current price. But thats just my opinion ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    I... Can't help but agree. This is such an insult.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post

1. The crown doesn't cover the characters entire face
    3. The crowns clip numerous model features including hair and weapons.

Well, I expect that you reported this to Blizzard then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Didn't you read the fine print? These showing up correctly in armory, panes etc is another $5.

/I'm just kidding, in case you were running off to read the fine print.

If the next quarter loses a substantial amount of subs due to WoW having micro transactions, the only way Blizzard could know is if people accurately filled out their cancellation survey. I'm willing to bet most people don't fill it out.