Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreed View Post
    This really is getting out of hand, Blizzard is starting to rival EA with the DLC. Disgusting buisness.
    I'm pretty sure you made that comparison not me.

Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Comparing Day1 DLC to vanity helms is absurd
    Dont remember saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    I think everyone should try their very best not to fret about an item that gives zero stats and serves as vanity only.
    They're fretting about the appearance of an item that is designed specifically for appearances. I think their gripes are justified.

It's really no different than the people who complain about stat allocation... if an item is designed to improve stats, it should be useful. If an item is designed to look good, it should look good.

As for the troll image, im fine with it, doesnt look badass but its passable.

The Panda one though, i dont know if its on purpose, but the texture must be at the lowest and the screenshot was taken when the helm was halfway through forming the skull-face. ive seen that crown on male and female pandas in-game, and they look perfectly fine.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Dont remember saying that.
    My apologies, I at least thought you were trying to leverage the gaming communities disgust at EA's Day1 DLC policies.

Since you weren't intending such a comparison, I defer you to my previous argument regarding your entitlement. If you don't want to pay for it, don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    They're fretting about the appearance of an item that is designed specifically for appearances. I think their gripes are justified.

It's really no different than the people who complain about stat allocation... if an item is designed to improve stats, it should be useful. If an item is designed to look good, it should look good.
    Stat allocation can be objectively measured to be good or not. Looks can't, it looks fine in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    You guys should see the frost helm on Taurens. Monet, anyone?
    Claude Monet?

helms ugly are helms... no wait, ugly helms are ugly. I wouldn't use this as a transmog if Blizz paid me $15 to have them.

I see zero appeal to them. But I know there is a lot of people who do find them worthy. Fortunately I've already picked my transmogs for my toons - and these helms don't complement them at all...

Now, maybe if the fire helm was green fire, to go with my warlock - maybe. Nah.

Hmm there should really be option to turn off that skull effect. It looks pretty bad on tauren and worgen, like almost every helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Sad you didn't like it. I think it looks really cool with the glowing eyes. Although I suppose that it's not that good when seen from the rear (the usual playing angle). Making it shadowy would leave your draenei looking like she's got extra horns. :P

How does it interact with that glyph that changes your shadowform? Have you tested that?
    I've actually had a change of heart since, been playing about with my transmog outfits and I'm actually quite liking how it looks, I guess I just had my heart set on it being shadowformed, but I think as others have said that it really does look much better like this, and ingame you can see the detail much better than the screenshot shows, but the tips of the horns fade from the orange to the purple shadowform as it moves its actually pretty sweet

I am about to go check out how it looks with the glyph , I'll post a screenie when I do

My apologies, I at least thought you were trying to leverage the gaming communities disgust at EA's Day1 DLC policies.

Since you weren't intending such a comparison, I defer you to my previous argument regarding your entitlement. If you don't want to pay for it, don't?
    No worries, you are of course right, if I do not want to partake I have no need to pay. But that doesnt mean I have to sit quietly while this business of micro transactions takes over though.

Shadow form without the glyph:Front

Shadow form without the glyph: Back

Shadowform with Glyph

I took these inside as in full daylight it looked really washed out (the glyphed shadowform)
    This one below, is full shadowform in daylight, and you can really see the purple shading at the tips of the horns on this one, which I think looks awesome

Deleted
    No worries, you are of course right, if I do not want to partake I have no need to pay. But that doesnt mean I have to sit quietly while this business of micro transactions takes over though.
    But you've been sitting quietly since the release of the item shop over 2 years ago. Surely you could've continued, after all, you only created your account today.

I wont be paying 12 euro for cosmetic item, ever, but...

Damn if I dont want that on frost mage/dk...

But you've been sitting quietly since the release of the item shop over 2 years ago. Surely you could've continued, after all, you only created your account today.
    Who said I have not expressed an opinion on the matter before ? You make quite a lot of assumptions.

Deleted
    Who said I have not expressed an opinion on the matter before ? You make quite a lot of assumptions.
    My apologies, but as your account is 1 day old here it was an easy assumption to make. Could you please clear this matter up by pointing out your previous arguments against the introduction of the item store and we can bring this matter to a close.

basically there is no changing the minds of whiners. Those that are oh so against other people spending money on helms will always say they are ugly. They won't even look at it fairly. I see similar results from my kids with eating new food. Same mentality but on here, people dont grow out of it. Truly sad. BTW endless winter helm looks nuts on a troll...that is probably the best mog helm ive ever seen on one.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im not poor or resentfull only char i care about mog on is my pala and i got the sunscale set for that so i got no need to buy them also imo they are ugly
    That's cool bro, it was a dig at the person I was responding to, while he was busy throwing stones.

My apologies, but as your account is 1 day old here it was an easy assumption to make. Could you please clear this matter up by pointing out your previous arguments against the introduction of the item store and we can bring this matter to a close.
    Well keep at it, your bound to get one right eventually.

Well keep at it, your bound to get one right eventually.
    Would be nice if you're actually going to say what you want to say.