Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    According to wikipedia there is 316,265,000 people in USA and 3,794,101 square miles of land. That's about 0,012 per person and naturally not every inch of the land in USA is suitable for buildings. If everyone would have the equal right to build their own house and "live of the land", how should the land be divided to be fair for all? Survival of the fittest?
    Works for every other area of nature. Animals,plants ,Zombie apocolypse. The world could use a good purging.

Quote Originally Posted by You can call me V View Post
    I walked down the street yesterday, and watched a full grown man, looking at his phone, walk into a telephone pole. Look, I understand people are busy, but really, at what cost? Is it really so much to ask to take 10 minutes out of your day to look up the news? To see what's going on around you? Or must we all be forced to live with idiots that glue their brain to derp cop shows every night? At some point, shouldn't that history lesson you got in high school be more important than the business degree you got in college?

We live in a modern society, one which demands our full attention. I get that. But again, at what cost? It's all but illegal, in America, to live the way our ancestors did in this country. Look up Eustace Conway if you don't believe me. And the only excuse is because: "we're a modern society". Bullshit. The Constitution means something, it's still a warning. And the very fact that we can't, even if given the choice, live our lives as our ancestors, is a huge red flag.

I just want to let everyone in on a little secret here. No matter how hard you work, or how much money you earn, you will never OWN land in America. See, unlike the purchase of a candy bar, or a chair, you will pay endless taxes on land until the day you die. This coming from the same Government that literally gave away land in the 1800s. Now tell me, knowing that, what in the fuck is point of working knowing that you will never own what you purchase?
    I watched an accident yesterday where a car ran a red light, grazed another car that was correctly in the intersection, 'bounced' off that other vehicle and ram a transformer box then telephone pole. When I ran over to help the people in the car, they were climbing out the passenger side window, and everyone in the car (guys and girls) were naked, and looked about 14. Granted I'm getting older now so they were probably 16, but w/e. There was no sign or sound of braking before they went through that red light, the driver was clearly distracted, and I wonder why. Who the fuck thinks its a good idea to get naked in a car with people you are attracted to and drive down a heavily used road in a suburb?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Ahh, i remember the good old days when people used to walk straight in to things and everyone would laugh at them! Unlike nowadays when people gets mad at them

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Works for every other area of nature. Animals,plants ,Zombie apocolypse. The world could use a good purging.
    is that sarcasm? i truly hope it is.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

10+ Year Old Account
    You think you own whatever land you land on, the earth is just a dead thing you can claim. But I know every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit has a name.

I watched an accident yesterday where a car ran a red light, grazed another car that was correctly in the intersection, 'bounced' off that other vehicle and ram a transformer box then telephone pole. When I ran over to help the people in the car, they were climbing out the passenger side window, and everyone in the car (guys and girls) were naked, and looked about 14. Granted I'm getting older now so they were probably 16, but w/e. There was no sign or sound of braking before they went through that red light, the driver was clearly distracted, and I wonder why. Who the fuck thinks its a good idea to get naked in a car with people you are attracted to and drive down a heavily used road in a suburb?
    Oh man, the good old days. Adolescence and alcohol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forfax View Post
    is that sarcasm? i truly hope it is.
    Very much so. Sorry. Should have used a [/sarcasm]

Oh man, the good old days. Adolescence and alcohol.
    They weren't slurring or anything... well except the driver and judging by the blood on his head, he hit it pretty hard against the wheel/dashboard. I remember getting drunk as a teen, and we had fun in a pool or walked to a park, we didn't decide to go for a drive, ever, despite growing up in a state that used to view drunk driving as a sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Walking into a telephone pole makes you inattentive, not stupid. Unless you somehow do it on a regular basis, in which case I would say ok maybe there's an issue with the brain.

For the rest of the OP...what?

Kids these days...or something.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Every other area of nature hasn't evolved to the point of intelligence that we (this appears to exclude you) have.

This just reads like the OP basically is just raging about property taxes, in which case I'd suggest he learn some things about them and why they're important and he might have a slightly different and less rage-y opinion on it.

Also, Eustace Conway lives just fine - the only problem he's really had is getting arrested for trespassing on someone else's property, but that... isn't his property. I know he's had some issues with building code violations but see they aren't arresting him and forcing him to stop living on his own land the way he sees fit - they merely made it so he couldn't open his place to the public and let everyone come stay on his property since he didn't build everything properly (since they just built it themselves) and it is basically a liability where people could get injured or killed by his shoddily built structures.

He's free to live there if he wants, but he can't make it a public place for people to pay to visit etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    And what is your point?
    I think he just doesn't want police, fire fighters, garbage men, public schools and all that jazz.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I had multiple things I wanted to talk about. I probably should have sat down and wrote multiple paragraphs about it, but then nobody would have read it. So I combined them and here we sit...
    Trust me. Mulling about in a short time span from one topic to another is actually getting you less far and more mockery than actually writing out a well-formed and worded essay of sorts. Your own fault, you made a judgement, that judgement was wrong.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

As stupid as you need them to be to prove you point. Fact is OP you are a part of that majority and you do stupid shit too and quite frankly if we use your post to evaluate your intelligence......Well lets say you didn't score very high =D
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    I walked down the street yesterday, and watched a full grown man, looking at his phone, walk into a telephone pole. Look, I understand people are busy, but really, at what cost? Is it really so much to ask to take 10 minutes out of your day to look up the news?
    What if he walked into the pole, because he was reading the news?

Complaining about the stupidity of the majority, just screams like a giant ego stroke. If the majority is stupid, you should be out there taking advantage of their stupidity, instead of complaining about it.

There must have been something witty said about intelligence without initiative, acting very similar to stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I think he just doesn't want police, fire fighters, garbage men, public schools and all that jazz.
    The taxes he pays is what provides the validity of his ownership claim to the land. The deed to his house has no merit without it being recognized by a government.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I walked down the street yesterday, and watched a full grown man, looking at his phone, walk into a telephone pole. Look, I understand people are busy, but really, at what cost? Is it really so much to ask to take 10 minutes out of your day to look up the news? To see what's going on around you? Or must we all be forced to live with idiots that glue their brain to derp cop shows every night? At some point, shouldn't that history lesson you got in high school be more important than the business degree you got in college?

We live in a modern society, one which demands our full attention. I get that. But again, at what cost? It's all but illegal, in America, to live the way our ancestors did in this country. Look up Eustace Conway if you don't believe me. And the only excuse is because: "we're a modern society". Bullshit. The Constitution means something, it's still a warning. And the very fact that we can't, even if given the choice, live our lives as our ancestors, is a huge red flag.
    Yeah walking into telephone poles is the greatest threat to modern American society.

I just want to let everyone in on a little secret here. No matter how hard you work, or how much money you earn, you will never OWN land in America. See, unlike the purchase of a candy bar, or a chair, you will pay endless taxes on land until the day you die. This coming from the same Government that literally gave away land in the 1800s. Now tell me, knowing that, what in the fuck is point of working knowing that you will never own what you purchase?
    Why would you be able to own land?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Property taxes don't go to the Federal Gov.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Property taxes don't go to the Federal Gov.
    Just adding detail:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/10/bu...ates.html?_r=0
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

You realize taxes are necessary to keep a higher standard of living right? You still own the land...

I like how the majority likes to discuss stupidity of majority (sic!) while not associating themselves with the majority.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I like how the majority likes to discuss stupidity of majority (sic!) while not associating themselves with the majority.
    I do believe you are onto something!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water