Thread: SS nerf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    couldnt they just make it a 1,5 min cooldown instead of reducing the time we have it. 10 seconds is really not alot combined with the restrictions of where people are to get full use of it through poh. It's not like it have been that op since they removed the absorb portion of mastery from it.

  2. #22
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    860
    It's not enough in my humble opinion.

  3. #23
    so we will have only 10 sec to spam pw:s instead of 15, iirc 4piece bonus correctly? or am i confusing something?

  4. #24
    Pit Lord HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    so we will have only 10 sec to spam pw:s instead of 15, iirc 4piece bonus correctly? or am i confusing something?
    Without factoring in 4pc and PI, yes. It shouldn't really affect 10 man, though. Seems aimed at 25s for some reason.
    Tiriel <Demise> of US-Kel'Thuzad

    Thank you to Yoni for this AMAZING signature!

  5. #25
    I'm not seeing the point of this nerf. While Discs are good in 25s, they're nowhere near as good as they are in 10 man. Granted, this is mostly due to Atonement, but Spirit Shell plays a part in it as well. 10 seconds is still more than enough to cap Spirit Shell on two groups (or be close to it).

    Is this supposed to make Holy more attractive in 25s? They're already "fine" there or at least far more desirable than in 10s and fights that "require" absorb stacking will still "require" Discs.

    Really awkward change. They should really focus on 10 man healer balancing, not 25s. (except Shamans, of course)

  6. #26
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I'm not seeing the point of this nerf. While Discs are good in 25s, they're nowhere near as good as they are in 10 man. Granted, this is mostly due to Atonement, but Spirit Shell plays a part in it as well. 10 seconds is still more than enough to cap Spirit Shell on two groups (or be close to it).

    Is this supposed to make Holy more attractive in 25s? They're already "fine" there or at least far more desirable than in 10s and fights that "require" absorb stacking will still "require" Discs.

    Really awkward change. They should really focus on 10 man healer balancing, not 25s. (except Shamans, of course)
    Disc are miles ahead both in 10 and 25 man. www.raidbots.com

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Disc are miles ahead both in 10 and 25 man. www.raidbots.com
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...f_Thunder/hps/
    in 25hc tab i see holy above disc in 8 out of 13 fights.

    what i mean is, that holy's healing compared to disc seems ok. and holy's healing compared to other healers (not only discs) seems ok as well.
    only healing-wise - i dont address dmg and cds here.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Disc are miles ahead both in 10 and 25 man. www.raidbots.com
    you do realize top 100 parses are people who usually alter the fight in some way to rank, like less healers or use no cds, ect.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by juicyxo View Post
    you do realize top 100 parses are people who usually alter the fight in some way to rank, like less healers or use no cds, ect.
    They're still ahead if you go by "all parses" too.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    They're still ahead if you go by "all parses" too.
    Absorbs are extremely strong on farm content indeed.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    Absorbs are extremely strong on farm content indeed.
    And the fact most guilds used at least 2 Discs on progress (where you brought 4-6 healers) should tell you something as well. Stop being naive about the strength of Discipline, seriously it's beyond stupid. It's as if being 'balanced' makes players who play Disc incapable to play due to skill deficiencies or something. >_>

  12. #32
    Disc can be easily rivalled in 25, don't understand the nerf at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also currently on PTR the CD reduction trinket has been removed.

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityPM View Post
    Also currently on PTR the CD reduction trinket has been removed.
    Good, hopefully they wised up and scrapped it completely.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    And the fact most guilds used at least 2 Discs on progress (where you brought 4-6 healers) should tell you something as well. Stop being naive about the strength of Discipline, seriously it's beyond stupid. It's as if being 'balanced' makes players who play Disc incapable to play due to skill deficiencies or something. >_>
    Most guilds used 2-3 Pally's, too.

    But we look the other way when that's brought up, eh?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Most guilds used 2-3 Pally's, too.

    But we look the other way when that's brought up, eh?
    Because they're getting nerfed (albeit too much)and got nerfed substantially in 5.3.

  16. #36
    Any posts about this in the PTR Feedback forum?

  17. #37
    Pit Lord HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Because they're getting nerfed (albeit too much)and got nerfed substantially in 5.3.
    We're still bringing 2 pallies to every fight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityPM View Post
    Any posts about this in the PTR Feedback forum?
    There was one that I posted in, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
    Tiriel <Demise> of US-Kel'Thuzad

    Thank you to Yoni for this AMAZING signature!

  18. #38
    To be brutally honest, Spirit Shell already feels lackluster at higher item levels outside of extreme niche situations in a 25 man enviroment (Horridon's dire call, using it as a CD that prevents you from doing any overhealing on things like Meg/Ra Den). I'm not really even sure I'll be bothered by seeing it nerfed. Just spam more shields <.<.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by twilista View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else seeing the 5 seconds shaved off of spirit shell, then looking at the 2 piece and the 4 piece and saying hey, pop AA get a 10% crit buff, pop spirit shell, screw the haste buff, yay 3500 mastery, and not even bother to use spirit shell at all and instead just spam the raid with shields? More prevalent in ten man I would imagine but.
    Yeay 3.5k more mastery when you already have 30% mastery buff is 7.1% more absorbs.... It is definitely a good idea to blow spirit shell for 80k more healing, than you could get without it.
    Last edited by Havoc12; 2013-07-22 at 01:57 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Because they're getting nerfed (albeit too much)and got nerfed substantially in 5.3.
    Ah, but you'e arguing what high-end guilds brought for progression, which was before Pally nerfs.

    Stop catering your "facts" and "points" to fit your argument, good sir.

    The number of Pally's brought to a raid, vs. how many Disc, has largely been ignored by the "Disc haters" (like yourself) that constantly infest every single thread on this forum.
    Last edited by Spazzeh; 2013-07-22 at 02:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •