View Poll Results: Who wins.

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaina Proudmoore

    100 60.98%
  • Lord Voldamort

    64 39.02%
Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Jaina Proudmoore VS Lord Voldemort.

    Who wins? both are at their peak. jaina has morals but voldamort doesn't.

  2. #2
    Lord Voldamort since he's a badass.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    jaina has morals
    That's a laugh.

    "Livet er som en tissemand, den har op og nedture" - Ukendt

  4. #4
    "Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  5. #5
    i'm not sure, it's raised questions in my mind of harry potter Vs deathwing and dumbledore Vs the lich king
    where's the goddamned ESO sub forum?

  6. #6
    Voldemort is dead. Even at their peak, Jaina is going to win, she's not likely to die to an awkward teenage kid with a scruffy hair and a weird scar on his forehead.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,223
    Unless Voldamort can just Avada Kedavra her immediately, isn't Jaina vastly more powerful than he could possibly be?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  8. #8
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,391
    Jaina would destroy him. We're talking about a guy whose every stratagem comes down to him spamming the same spell over and over and over again.

    Even if she can't kill him, she'd just shove him in an ice block and throw him in the Violet Hold. Forever.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Jaina would destroy him. We're talking about a guy whose every stratagem comes down to him spamming the same spell over and over and over again.

    Even if she can't kill him, she'd just shove him in an ice block and throw him in the Violet Hold. Forever.
    Especially since Jaina can cast without her stick.

  10. #10
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    1,911
    Side Voldemort:
    - powerful instant spells
    - Avada Kedavra which can't be blocked by Ice Barrier as it's only a magic shield
    - Jaina needs to cast most of her good stuff

    Side Jaina:
    - can use minions to assist her
    - Avada Kedavra can be blocked by Ice Block as it's basically like standing behind a wall
    - Voldemort can't predict her moves as he isn't familiar with her magic system, while her defensive abilities can block anything he throws at her except A.K.
    - doesn't need a magical item as a magic channeling tool
    - Deep Freeze
    - can teleport around at will

    I'm thinking Jaina unless she gets accidentally hit with Avada Kedavra. She's smart and senses magic so after his first cast she might figure out what that spell does and how.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Voldemort is dead. Even at their peak, Jaina is going to win, she's not likely to die to an awkward teenage kid with a scruffy hair and a weird scar on his forehead.
    Only reason Voldemort died was because the wand's master was Harry.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Side Voldemort:
    - powerful instant spells
    - Avada Kedavra which can't be blocked by Ice Barrier as it's only a magic shield
    - Jaina needs to cast most of her good stuff

    Side Jaina:
    - can use minions to assist her
    - Avada Kedavra can be blocked by Ice Block as it's basically like standing behind a wall
    - Voldemort can't predict her moves as he isn't familiar with her magic system, while her defensive abilities can block anything he throws at her except A.K.
    - doesn't need a magical item as a magic channeling tool
    - Deep Freeze
    - can teleport around at will

    I'm thinking Jaina unless she gets accidentally hit with Avada Kedavra. She's smart and senses magic so after his first cast she might figure out what that spell does and how.
    You make 0 sense. First you say AV can't be blocked by IB, then you say it can, then you say it can't again.
    OT: Jaina, duh.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Side Voldemort:
    - powerful instant spells
    - Avada Kedavra which can't be blocked by Ice Barrier as it's only a magic shield
    - Jaina needs to cast most of her good stuff

    Side Jaina:
    - can use minions to assist her
    - Avada Kedavra can be blocked by Ice Block as it's basically like standing behind a wall
    - Voldemort can't predict her moves as he isn't familiar with her magic system, while her defensive abilities can block anything he throws at her except A.K.
    - doesn't need a magical item as a magic channeling tool
    - Deep Freeze
    - can teleport around at will

    I'm thinking Jaina unless she gets accidentally hit with Avada Kedavra. She's smart and senses magic so after his first cast she might figure out what that spell does and how.
    Considering that Avada Kedavra can hit and be blocked by solid objects, and that Ice Barrier acts as a solid object that can block physical attacks (unlike say, twilight ward) it's very likely that ice barrier would be able to take an Avada hit, leaving Jaina unaffected.

    Edit:
    Jaina can also turn invisible.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Only reason Voldemort died was because the wand's master was Harry.
    ^this^

    Give Vold the master wand and he would easily kill Jaina.

  15. #15
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    1,911
    You might be right. I just compared it to how Avada Kedavra can't be blocked by shield charms in the HP universe and I wasn't sure if Barrier would count as solid or just as a magic effect.

    Phookah - read better please, one was Barrier and the other Block.

    Xalzel - the Elder Wand doesn't give you insane magical powers or abilities - it's more of a cursed object than anything else with a slight possibility of enhancing your expertise. Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald even though Grindelwald was using (and controlling) the Elder Wand in that very duel. Harry defeated Voldemort only because the elder wand refuses to be used against its master.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-07-15 at 10:26 PM.

  16. #16
    True, but it does enhance your powers. Also we've seen how Voldemort is able to take one spell, turn it around, and use it against the original conjurer.

  17. #17
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    1,911
    If we go into theoretical spellcasting in the Warcraft universe, so can the mages here. The only limit for Jaina is mana while the only limit for Voldemort is carrying his wand. In a situation such as this duel, there is no global cooldown or a spell list with limited spells.

  18. #18
    Pfff, everyone know Rhonin would win with his raptor army!

    Heh, but on a more serious note, I don't get why people seem to think Jaina is so powerful. Sure, she's pretty good but that's mostly because all the better mages have died by now. Well, everyone except Khadgar.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Pfff, everyone know Rhonin would win with his raptor army!

    Heh, but on a more serious note, I don't get why people seem to think Jaina is so powerful. Sure, she's pretty good but that's mostly because all the better mages have died by now. Well, everyone except Khadgar.
    shes more powerful than the thunderking since she has his powers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Jaina would destroy him. We're talking about a guy whose every stratagem comes down to him spamming the same spell over and over and over again.

    Even if she can't kill him, she'd just shove him in an ice block and throw him in the Violet Hold. Forever.
    In the 5th book, you can clearly see that Voldemort can use elemental magic, which would make for an interesting elemental battle, so insta-freezing him would be harder than you think. Death Eaters spamming the Killing Curse is just a lack of imagination by JK Rowling in regard to battle magic. She created a great world, which has a lot of amazing details and concepts, but there are also a lot of poorly thought out concepts which could have been thought through better. Quidditch is a perfect example of a awesome concept with an idiotic implemintation.

    I don't think she would be that much more powerful that Voldemort, if at all. She is aruagably the strongest mage in Azeroth, but Voldemort is also the strongest wizard in the HP universe. Sounds fairly even to me without any proof that magic in Azeroth is much stronger than magic in the HP universe.

    If we can assume they both are at a similar power level, Jaina's main attacks would be elemental, and Voldemort would be able to counter those quite nicely with his own, and vice versa. Jaina also has time based magic (think Time Warp or Alter Time) which would be a big advantage over Voldement, since there has been no evidence of time based magic in HP, and no hint of combat usage for Time-Turners. Voldemort has a much wider selection of spells to choose from (pretty much any spell in the HP universe), which makes him more versatile and unpredictable. He can get much more creative, and transfiguration would be a perfect counter to Jaina's Water Elementals. Apparition is also vastly superior to Blink, so movement wise Volemort would have the advantage. Oh, he can also fly. Portals wouldn't do Jaina much good as they are not used in battle, but are simply a means of transportation.

    Jaina would also not be able to outright kill Voldement because of the horcruxes, but obviously destroying his mortal body would still count as a win in my opinion.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aymee/advanced

    Game developers hate healers. We prevent their bosses from killing the players.

    "MMOC forums let me keep my job again. Whew." -Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •