Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seiton View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that the entire lore of 5.4 is summed up with "Varian practically conquers the Horde (a faction has been murdering his people and invading his lands for MANY YEARS) by killing and dethroning their Warchief with the help of some rebels, and then decides to let his biggest enemy pick a new Warchief and continue invading his land and threatening to destroy the Alliance."? How is that logical in any way? What nation would give their enemies an opportunity to gain in strength and gain power again? And doesn't this basically force the Horde to "kiss up" to the alliance from now on?

In reality, if blizz were to make this lore work, they would have had to make the Horde collapse, which obviously wouldn't happen (And this is coming from a Horde player).
    No in reality it is called signing a treaty, and a cease fire. Do you even History?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Only lore of 5.4 is bad? The whole fucking game suck now thanks to the greedy fucks at Blizzard. Can't wait, no matter how long it takes, till Blizzard shuts this shit game down.

10+ Year Old Account
    the whole point of this ex pack has been about working together, if there is total war... I'm sorry but no. Also the Trolls are also there.. it's not like varian could have fought into Org, and somehow make it out without the rest of the horde attacking.. or did you forget sylvanas has plague, and no longer a war chief that isnt letting her use it
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Only lore of 5.4 is bad? The whole fucking game suck now thanks to the greedy fucks at Blizzard. Can't wait, no matter how long it takes, till Blizzard shuts this shit game down.
    Then why are you still here?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Very stupid indeed. But alas the "gameplay over lore" prevails and we don't get to see Gilneas retaken. In fact I'd be okay if we were just told Gilneas will be given back but as GC stated that's not gonna happen.
    :P That's a poor idea on Blizzard's part, reclaiming Gilneas would have been more fitting. Also all the groundwork is there for a capitol city, all that needs to be added are some NPCs.

I think this would have been a great opportunity to merge the factions into one entity fighting against a new Legion invasion. Racial tensions would continue of course, but overall lore and gameplay would both benefit from this change.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    :P That's a poor idea on Blizzard's part, reclaiming Gilneas would have been more fitting. Also all the groundwork is there for a capitol city, all that needs to be added are some NPCs.
    You can have glineas if we can have kezan

Ps. Gilneas is currently Chernobyl. Lots of plague in and around the city, it doesn't just go away

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, unlike everybody else on this forum, until I see the cutscene after Garrosh dies.
    I don't think the thread requires further discussion than this...
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Peace is a political decision, not a military one. Varian shouldn't even have absolute control over the military, that was bad to begin with, but he continually oversteps his bounds with no one putting him in his place.
    no, pretty sure you require a military to wage war. and he doesnt overstep his bounds, he has and always has been the leader of the current alliance. its his way or no way because he is the one in charge and he has the biggest and most powerful military force on azeroth. not to mention the bulk of the alliance have been allies for a very long time, they stand together nomatter what.

since you disagree with that im assuming your one of those "night elves should be the leaders of everything" group. well to bad, the night elves forces need the alliance and if they have a problem with it, and if they want to continue this needless, worthless, bloody war then they can do it on their own.

and you wont find any help from the draenei either, they are just as eager to end this war and get back to the real enemy as everyone else is
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    You'll probably be waiting the better part of the next decade if EverQuest is any indication. Still going strong all these years later. O.o Also if you hate the game and Blizzard so much why are you still posting on a fansite?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then why are you still here?
    Cause he's prob still actually playing and upset that blizz wont cater to him anymore.
    Thats my bet, which seems correct
    Btw to the guy you quoted, if the games SO BAD, it shouldnt really be how ever long it takes. because its clearly so bad no one plays and they will clearly shutdown the cash cow

Honestly it's been going a bit downhill ever since 5.1 really. It went from bc level "HOLY CRAP ADVENTURE" story to "EVERYTHING IS OLD GODS" dragon soul story. where patches 5.1-5.4 are just "things get worse in general" but its never really well defined. Especially alliance side. The high king stuff gets forgotten and in its place we get some random monkey king reference and then nothing till we show up to help vol'jin.

5.0 was an incredibly strong start. All the lore, the cutscenes like the battle for serpents spine and so on. That was absolutely fantastic. However i honestly feel the quality of story has declined. Not to say the gameplay side hasn't improved. I love ToT and thunder isle and the brawlers club are great. The story post launch?

Ehh, really for the most part its feeling very cataclysm to me. Theres lots of cool ideas, but they sort of skirt around them and just fallback on old tropes of the series rather than add more character and plot development.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, pretty sure you require a military to wage war. and he doesnt overstep his bounds, he has and always has been the leader of the current alliance. its his way or no way because he is the one in charge and he has the biggest and most powerful military force on azeroth. not to mention the bulk of the alliance have been allies for a very long time, they stand together nomatter what.

since you disagree with that im assuming your one of those "night elves should be the leaders of everything" group. well to bad, the night elves forces need the alliance and if they have a problem with it, and if they want to continue this needless, worthless, bloody war then they can do it on their own.

and you wont find any help from the draenei either, they are just as eager to end this war and get back to the real enemy as everyone else is
    The alliance should be an alliance, not a human empire.

Because the Alliance didn't conquer the Horde. The Alliance doesn't even defeat the Horde in Orgrimmar; they defeat Garrosh and a bunch of fanatical Orcs. Orcs comprise only 1/7 of the races that make up the Horde, and not all Orcs were with Garrosh. The Alliance win a BATTLE against Garrrosh, while fighting ALONG-SIDE the REAL Horde.

To win a war with the Horde the Alliance would still have to defeat the vast majority of the Horde still remaining. Which would lead to much more death on both sides, and fighting for years. Varian didn't allow the Horde to pick a new Warchief; he had no choice. While the Alliance would have had an advantage with the Horde being leader-less, someone would have picked up the mantle quick enough, and the bloodshed would have continued...and for what? Most of the most recent reasons for increased fighting, and the "war" between Horde and Alliance is pretty much directly the result of decisions and actions taken by Garrosh; who is now dead (I think/hope he dies). If he hadn't been the Warchief; there would have been no war, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There must always be a.. <ominous lightning strike> Horde..
    I just died laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Because the Alliance didn't conquer the Horde. The Alliance doesn't even defeat the Horde in Orgrimmar; they defeat Garrosh and a bunch of fanatical Orcs. Orcs comprise only 1/7 of the races that make up the Horde, and not all Orcs were with Garrosh. The Alliance win a BATTLE against Garrrosh, while fighting ALONG-SIDE the REAL Horde.

To win a war with the Horde the Alliance would still have to defeat the vast majority of the Horde still remaining. Which would lead to much more death on both sides, and fighting for years. Varian didn't allow the Horde to pick a new Warchief; he had no choice. While the Alliance would have had an advantage with the Horde being leader-less, someone would have picked up the mantle quick enough, and the bloodshed would have continued...and for what? Most of the most recent reasons for increased fighting, and the "war" between Horde and Alliance is pretty much directly the result of decisions and actions taken by Garrosh; who is now dead (I think/hope he dies). If he hadn't been the Warchief; there would have been no war, period.
    the alliance DID win the war. just because a country isnt completely annihilated doesnt mean they didnt win.

the alliance completely and entirely won the pandaren expedition.

saying they didnt is just you being delusional and not wanting to admit the horde lost this war.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Don't care. Raid looks fantastic so I'll enjoy myself thoroughly.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're not gonna kiss up to you for helping us overthrow a tyrant. In fact, screw you guys.

-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Hardly the first time one has had to kill their own race. Trolls never get a break for a whole expansion. Humans have the Defians, thought hey were more prevelant in vanilla. Taurnen have the grimtotem, etc.
    Humans had to kill the king of Lordaeron in Wrath and nobody complained :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

itt anyone against the microtransaction cashgrab in a subscription game is upset only because they cannot afford it, therefore they're resentful

someone do a poll thread about this. also do a poll asking how many people who bought these items are male or female. that might be relevant in who is most likely to waste money on things that don't really matter at all