Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,316
    Quote Originally Posted by seiton View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that the entire lore of 5.4 is summed up with "Varian practically conquers the Horde (a faction has been murdering his people and invading his lands for MANY YEARS) by killing and dethroning their Warchief with the help of some rebels
    Garrosh wasn't warchief of the horde for a long time, he was warchief of a small separate faction that the rest of the horde wanted to get rid of.

  2. #142
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,186
    Yeah, of course, because seizing the Horde capital would in no way make all the remaining horde factions completely hostile. I mean, it's not like both forsaken and Blood elves have WMD's ready to be deployed the minute shit hits the fan, or that trolls and taurens would go completely berserk at this dishonor.

    Sarcasm aside, the alliance just doesn't have the man power to seize Orgrimmar. And such act of hostility would cause an all out war with casualties on the millions for both sides. I mean, come on people, Varian would have to be the same idiot he was when he returned to make such a hasty and stupid decision.

    Truth is, it's impossible for the faction war to end, and that's not because of game balance. The logistics necessary to completely annihilate the other side are impossible. The toll would be too great, and so much more on a setting where there are powers that can actually rip the world apart.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    WoW lore has been pretty much dogshit since Cata so.
    Warcraft lore has been pretty much dogshit since first warcraft. I dare you, play warcraft 3 again now, you will facepalm that you ever considered it good story.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    This is the third time the Orcs and humans have warred.
    When the Romans fought the Carthaginians for the third time they decided to not show them any more mercy. They razed Carthage to the ground and put the entire populace to the sword or slavery and then sowed salt into the ground so plants wouldn't grow on the land for a hundred years and they also seized all Carthaginian territory.

    Carthage as a nation ceased to exist overnight.

    Considering what the Orcs have done to humanity in the past 30 years, I think its time for the Alliance to go Scipio on their asses and put them into the fossil record. Or at least exile them back to Outlands.

    Sometimes you have an enemy that won't stay down unless you put them in the ground.
    You would actually have to crush the Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Blood elves, and the Forsaken as well. The Forsaken would have no leash, so they would plague EVERYTHING. Blood elves have more skilled mages than Dalaran. Crushing the Tauren would cost thousands of lives as noted by Wrathion. As for the trolls and goblins I have no idea how long they would last to be honest. Goblins have lots of rockets. Less accurate, but just as damaging, if not more, than gnomish tech.
    Wrathion only saw the Legion coming. The Old Gods and Azshara are still around. The world would fall apart.

  5. #145
    Stood in the Fire Kesolovac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Varian, unlike many Internet posters, it seems, is smart enough to realize that it would be a fairly bad idea to turn around and then betray the rebels that now surround him and all of his forces inside of Orgraimmar by taking over and preventing them from deciding on a Warchief.

    I can give you a couple guesses on how such a situation would end, but basically all of them end with Varian's head caved in by a Horde weapon.
    And Varian, unlike you, if he had any common sense would let Horde fight between themselves...and then take out the remnants of infighting.

    But this is MMO, and everyone has to kill the final boss....so don't use logic here.
    Mindless...

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    And Varian, unlike you, if he had any common sense would let Horde fight between themselves...and then take out the remnants of infighting.

    But this is MMO, and everyone has to kill the final boss....so don't use logic here.
    How is that any different from not killing them immediately after the siege exactly?

    Pretty sure Herecius is right on the money... he wouldn't do it because it's a dick move and not betraying them gives him the moral high ground. Plus... you don't betray the guys who could get an arrow to your throat within three seconds of you screwing them over.

  7. #147
    Am I the only one to think Alliance "fans" like the OP really want Varian to be a bloodthirsty warmonger just like Garrosh?

  8. #148
    Stood in the Fire Mr Meeseeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warchief Vol'jin's Horde
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Warcraft lore has been pretty much dogshit since first warcraft. I dare you, play warcraft 3 again now, you will facepalm that you ever considered it good story.
    Replayed it last month. Was a great story.
    Troll master race is best master race.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by seiton View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that the entire lore of 5.4 is summed up with "Varian practically conquers the Horde (a faction has been murdering his people and invading his lands for MANY YEARS) by killing and dethroning their Warchief with the help of some rebels, and then decides to let his biggest enemy pick a new Warchief and continue invading his land and threatening to destroy the Alliance."? How is that logical in any way?
    I agree. It's stupid that Varian has such a big role in the first place. How does he even get troops to Orgrimar ? Theramore is destroyed and it's totally impossible (even in the WoW steampunk middle ages) to get a sizable amount of troops to another continent in such short time.
    Varian should only be there with a few SI:7 guys and observe the situation. That's it.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    How is that any different from not killing them immediately after the siege exactly?

    Pretty sure Herecius is right on the money... he wouldn't do it because it's a dick move and not betraying them gives him the moral high ground. Plus... you don't betray the guys who could get an arrow to your throat within three seconds of you screwing them over.

    Assuming that Varian and his AA couldn't slaughter them all if he wants. Wrathion thinks opposite of you. The whole point of 5.4 here is Varian showing his class not because he is scared of the inferior forces.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    Replayed it last month. Was a great story.
    The story itself is not really better than MoP's for me but the story was told better for obvious reason because WC was an rts game.

  11. #151
    The lore after LK has been terrible. I don't even care anymore. First Deathwing, now Pandas. When is this junk going to end?

    Please for the love of god make the next expac burning legion or LK related. Or atleast something where people would actually care about the lore.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by seiton View Post
    And doesn't this basically force the Horde to "kiss up" to the alliance from now on?
    If the Alliance forces the Horde to 'kiss up' to the Alliance as you say it, it would only result in the next war. And this time you would have to face Thrall himself, so that wouldn't look good for the Alliance. Knowing that the Horde loses this war, it would only make sense that the Horde wins the next one so Blizzard doesn't get blamed for being biased for letting the Alliance win again. So yeah, if the Alliance forces the Horde like that, expect to get butthurt.

  13. #153
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,557
    The lore is perfectly fine - however, it requires that you actually pay attention OP, and not just come up with your own wacko conclussion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The lore after LK has been terrible. I don't even care anymore. First Deathwing, now Pandas. When is this junk going to end?

    Please for the love of god make the next expac burning legion or LK related. Or atleast something where people would actually care about the lore.
    Plenty of people care about other aspects of the lore aside from the Burning Lol-gion and the Lol King....

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  14. #154
    Scarab Lord Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Box
    Posts
    4,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The lore is perfectly fine - however, it requires that you actually pay attention OP, and not just come up with your own wacko conclussion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Plenty of people care about other aspects of the lore aside from the Burning Lol-gion and the Lol King....
    For instance Lol-gods ?

  15. #155
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    For instance Lol-gods ?
    Well, if we learned anything from Cataclysm and the start of MoP, it is that most people want more Old Gods. So yeah.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The lore after LK has been terrible. I don't even care anymore. First Deathwing, now Pandas. When is this junk going to end?

    Please for the love of god make the next expac burning legion or LK related. Or atleast something where people would actually care about the lore.
    lol WotLK? That was an insult to Warcraft's lore.

  17. #157
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    For instance Lol-gods ?
    League of Legends Gods? Huehuehue

  18. #158
    Scarab Lord Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Box
    Posts
    4,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    League of Legends Gods? Huehuehue
    Uber pwnzor noob. GG !!!

    And if anything, cata showed people are really tired of low quality hentai called old god lore.

  19. #159
    One, Varian doesn't conquer Orgrimmar. No army enters Orgrimmar, a raid of 25 people is just that, a raiding party, not an occupying army. Two, do you really think Wrynn could conquer Orgrimmar with a token force, far-far away from reinforcment and supply? After all, Menethil Harbor and the main alliance base in Kalimdor are both in ruins. If after dislodging Garrosh, you honestly think the orcs, trolls, and tauren would abide in an occupying force? Sylvannus would undoubtedly use the distraction to grab the Arathi basin and highlands as Wrynn would be slowly driven back into the sea from Kalimdor. No, this was Wrynn's only choice. Evacuate before the horde realizes he's over-extended himself by being in Kalimdor personally with only a small force. The fellow is wising up, the brash and stupid Wrynn would have tried to occupy Orgrimmar and wold have found himself a slave again. The wiser Wrynn realizes Orgrimmar is but a spot on the map and not the summation of the horde. Like they really needed his blessing to pick a new warchief. Get real.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

  20. #160
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,557
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    One, Varian doesn't conquer Orgrimmar. No army enters Orgrimmar, a raid of 25 people is just that, a raiding party, not an occupying army. Two, do you really think Wrynn could conquer Orgrimmar with a token force, far-far away from reinforcment and supply? After all, Menethil Harbor and the main alliance base in Kalimdor are both in ruins. If after dislodging Garrosh, you honestly think the orcs, trolls, and tauren would abide in an occupying force? Sylvannus would undoubtedly use the distraction to grab the Arathi basin and highlands as Wrynn would be slowly driven back into the sea from Kalimdor. No, this was Wrynn's only choice. Evacuate before the horde realizes he's over-extended himself by being in Kalimdor personally with only a small force. The fellow is wising up, the brash and stupid Wrynn would have tried to occupy Orgrimmar and wold have found himself a slave again. The wiser Wrynn realizes Orgrimmar is but a spot on the map and not the summation of the horde. Like they really needed his blessing to pick a new warchief. Get real.
    Listen to his and Tyrande's soundfiles - they are bringing an army each.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •