Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Just do like me acquire the hc lei shen druid polearm for future transmog changes in 5.4 :P (hopefully they'll stick to it)!

  2. #42
    Haste dk tanks please stop playing the game.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Haste dk tanks please stop playing the game.
    Implying once they hit a Mastery/Stamina they are comfortable with that Haste isn't beneficial.

    Get out.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral OGXanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Nerdy South
    Posts
    1,109
    Obvious Ret Poleam is obvious. Keep your stinky dead hands off it.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    with the inc vengeance nerfs tanks shouldn't be above dps
    There's another vengeance change or did the 30% cap not get implemented yet? The 30% cap was directed to 80s/85s that were using MoP gear to get ridiculous vengeance amounts and soloing Cata/MoP content.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    I have hundreds of ToT LFR boss kills across all my chars, maybe even close to a thousand, and I do not have a single one of the shared-loot drops on any of them. I would MUCH rather have a 5% drop from one boss that I can keep using tokens on every week than whatever ludicrously low chance Boris is per boss.
    It's just a misunderstanding of probability to phrase it like this. All that matters is the final probability of seeing it. Whether that probability involves one event or multiple is largely irrelevant.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i dont think there's any misunderstanding of probability when bo-ris is like 0.1% drop per boss compared to a regular 10-15% when it comes to regular loot
    Comparing the probability of getting item A and item B and bringing up the fact that item A is shared loot as if that makes it fundamentally a lower probability to obtain is indeed a misunderstanding of probability.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Comparing the probability of getting item A and item B and bringing up the fact that item A is shared loot as if that makes it fundamentally a lower probability to obtain is indeed a misunderstanding of probability.
    (Chance of not dropping) ^ (chances to drop) = (chance for item to not drop in a raid)

    .999 ^ 12 = ~.988

    That's a little under 1.2% drop chance per raid lockout, assuming each boss can drop the weapon, and that it has a .1% drop chance.

  9. #49
    From a human paladin/dk viewpoint, polearms suck. Big time.

    Sword/mace specialization ftw.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    (Chance of not dropping) ^ (chances to drop) = (chance for item to not drop in a raid)

    .999 ^ 12 = ~.988

    That's a little under 1.2% drop chance per raid lockout, assuming each boss can drop the weapon, and that it has a .1% drop chance.
    Yeah, way ahead of you on this, thanks though.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    From a human paladin/dk viewpoint, polearms suck. Big time.

    Sword/mace specialization ftw.
    I have expertise shooting out of my ass. It's a serious problem, my DK can't even sit down or he will rocket into the sky from the sheer thrust generated by said expertise.

    Polearms definitely aren't optimal, but at the same time I wouldn't say they suck big time. The worst label I can imagine giving them is "mildly inefficient on a human".

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Zairn View Post
    I have expertise shooting out of my ass. It's a serious problem, my DK can't even sit down or he will rocket into the sky from the sheer thrust generated by said expertise.
    Well, to the say very least, at least expertise over the cap isn't completely wasted as is the case with any hit over the cap. In any case, you've got a pretty funky gear setup if you're as overcapped on expertise as you claim.
    Vereesa of Paragon, formerly of Depraved
    WCL

  13. #53
    Well, I was exaggerating perhaps a smidge. But I do honestly feel that 1% expertise isn't something that makes or breaks anything. I have no problems getting to hit cap, expertise soft cap, and mastery from every piece. Unoptimal to use a non-sword or mace, but not unusable.

  14. #54
    Finally a sexy str polearm, I'd probably transmog it either to Blackhand Doomsaw/Lantresor's Warblade, or Terokk's Quill, my favorite polearm models.

  15. #55
    So let me get this straight. People cry and moan about wanting tanking polearms and they get it. However, when combat rogues had axes they got rid of that come cata because really only shamans and rogues used them and it wasnt fair. Hrm...
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 980 | Corsair HX650 |Dell S2340M x2 IPS 23" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III | Crucial 2x256GB SSD SATA III RAID 0 (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

  16. #56
    Mechagnome Kraeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    So let me get this straight. People cry and moan about wanting tanking polearms and they get it. However, when combat rogues had axes they got rid of that come cata because really only shamans and rogues used them and it wasnt fair. Hrm...
    What are you on about? If you're referring to Bo-ris 'getting' it... well, I haven't seen a single drop neither in normal nor in hc. The same goes for my BiS, GSoFH. So your point is combat rogues don't have enough weapons? Grow up. People wanted polearms for mogging purposes, which are essentially obsolete since you'll be able to mog polearms to other 2h weps and vice versa. I'm pretty sure that between swords, maces and fist weapons rogues have plenty to choose from.

  17. #57
    anyone notice that this is now labeled as "Drops from Kor'kron Jailer" on the tool-tip. meaning it might be a trash drop as opposed to a boss drop.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    So let me get this straight. People cry and moan about wanting tanking polearms and they get it. However, when combat rogues had axes they got rid of that come cata because really only shamans and rogues used them and it wasnt fair. Hrm...
    remember rogues have a weapon type entirely dedicated to them. Agility Daggers.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    So let me get this straight. People cry and moan about wanting tanking polearms and they get it. However, when combat rogues had axes they got rid of that come cata because really only shamans and rogues used them and it wasnt fair. Hrm...
    My memeory may be toying with me, but weren't there lots of agility axes in Cata? Even some sexy BiS piece of hotness from Deathwing himself? Not that any roguw main was paying attention, as we all were growing wings.

    And in addition, since my main alt is a DK, i support the STR polearm alliance! Have it, show it, flaunt it!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    So let me get this straight. People cry and moan about wanting tanking polearms and they get it. However, when combat rogues had axes they got rid of that come cata because really only shamans and rogues used them and it wasnt fair. Hrm...
    that's a horrible comparison. agil axes have 2 specs/classes that use them, combat rogues and enhance shammys. A str polearm would have 5 (6 next patch) specs, across 3 classes that would use them. blood/frost/UH dk, retadin, and arms (fury as well next patch).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •