After the long discussion on Tweeter. Here's my through (some already said, some new).
Good on single-target, very good on two target, then less good.
Building Icicle then choosing to delay FoF-IL seem to be part of the design.
Icicle isn't designed for being generated all the time.
very PvP oriented. building Icicle and banking FoF & BF for release a big burst.
not really good to PvE
no interaction with AOE.
contradicting with T16 as it's best use is to cast FoF-IL after BF-FFB
contradicting with Frozen Orb as it's the time we want to built Icicle
over-writing FoF is a strong nerf over any Icicle built. normal IL will be used over FoF-IL for releasing
Comparison with my previous analysis
It only comfort all what have been previously said:
- the spec isn't adapted to actual fight design.
- it don't work good with multi-dot.
- It lack of AOE burst and sustained.
- idea n°1 -- I keep all my previous proposition: switch IL and FFB, generating Icicle with IL and releasing them with BF-FFB. FoF proc rate, FoF & BF's damage need to be tuned accordingly. FFB could be delayed more easily than FoF.
- idea n°2 -- make Frozen Orb generating Icicle. It will help both in burst AOE and cleave. Advantage, it will be a really good burst CD with a shower of Icicle & keep IL for release. Inconvenient, a lot of little Icicle.
Blizzard should explain how the wanted it to work. So we can discuss it more easily.