Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yup, because surely DKs will post new threads here
    I bet he clicked on a Recent Forum Post on the front Page :-)
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

  2. #102
    Bloodsail Admiral Saegno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Ks
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ^^^^^^

    Shouldn't be affected by resil; it's retarded.



    That's a HARD choice? o_O



    All of this just seems incorrect .-.;

    I'm not sure if you are with me on going frost next tier over fire or against the idea.
    Fires bound to get nerfed something nasty and frost is looking far more interesting with the new changes. Couple that with the fact that fires 4set, hell even the 2set, look bland as hell.

    I mean if it is reaaaaaaaly under performing I'll swap back to fire, but I'm very tempted to give frost another go in 5.4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

  3. #103
    Epic! Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,567
    Looks like it's their way of getting mages to actually cast something in PvP.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2013-07-18 at 09:32 AM.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1+3TB WD Caviar Black | EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  4. #104
    Mechagnome Zatetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    I'm not sure if you are with me on going frost next tier over fire or against the idea.
    Fires bound to get nerfed something nasty and frost is looking far more interesting with the new changes. Couple that with the fact that fires 4set, hell even the 2set, look bland as hell.

    I mean if it is reaaaaaaaly under performing I'll swap back to fire, but I'm very tempted to give frost another go in 5.4.
    this x infinity.

    fire has been clunky and poor for the whole of 5.x. frost becoming pve viable again was one of the greatest things to happen to mages. I am also expecting a heavy nerf to fire and am considering staying frost for 5.4

  5. #105
    Mechagnome jtmzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I kinda wish icicles were like soul shards and stayed above your head til used...I'd so chill in dalaran with some icicles above my head lol.
    Well it depends how they're implemented. The only problem with making them never disappear is that you would need to build them up before a pull.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    interesting that it double dips on resil.

    something about the way this reads makes me feel like it's going to be a pretty hard nerf for pvp..

    can't wait to test it
    One can only hope

  7. #107
    I forgot Blessing of Might from my calculations, using only my armory mastery. BoM is a 15% increase in mastery, so it's pretty significant. It also looks to me that mastery scales very well vs. haste, but I could still have errors in my spreadsheet. I definitely don't see it going 2% per point. This is good news for frost PvE: it really needed to have two secondary stats scale well rather than just haste.

  8. #108
    Mechagnome jtmzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    700
    At around 50% mastery (which is what I think we'll have next tier) changing to 2% per point would be about a 5% overall damage buff and like tiga said would probably cause it to scale too well.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

  9. #109
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    I'm not sure if you are with me on going frost next tier over fire or against the idea.
    Fires bound to get nerfed something nasty and frost is looking far more interesting with the new changes. Couple that with the fact that fires 4set, hell even the 2set, look bland as hell.

    I mean if it is reaaaaaaaly under performing I'll swap back to fire, but I'm very tempted to give frost another go in 5.4.
    Let me spell it out for you then

    I love Frost. Frost is probably my favorite spec since MoP went live. The Mastery change makes me want to do it more, but as of now, Frost is still not competitive with this build. We'll need to wait for more builds to see.

    Even if Fire gets nerfed, Frost still won't be competitive. If Fire gets overnerfed (another 5.1 Hotfix fiasco), EVERYONE will be going Arcane.

    Now if Frost becomes good again, I'll definitely be swapping. Fuck RNG, but fuck standing in runes.




    PS: I also do love Fire, but I can't stand the RNG of it; I just like Fire more.

    PPS: In its current state, I LOATHE Arcane with a passion, as well as Rune of Fuck-You-Mobility.

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  10. #110
    Mechagnome jtmzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    700
    You really need to stop being so pessimistic about frost polar. Its getting really annoying.

    I'm pretty sure a lot of mages would go frost over arcane even if arcane is ahead on dps since it has such mobility issues.

    Frost is still really good when there's extra targets to freeze or use frozen orb on.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    You really need to stop being so pessimistic about frost polar. Its getting really annoying.

    I'm pretty sure a lot of mages would go frost over arcane even if arcane is ahead on dps since it has such mobility issues.

    Frost is still really good when there's extra targets to freeze or use frozen orb on.
    Would be really cool if frost could be really good without extra targets for cheesy pet freezes. How is frost intended to AoE in situations such as challenge modes without the old mastery? Or is it just going to be not so great now. I like that they're changing things though

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Fuck RNG, but fuck standing in runes.
    Can't agree more. I play fire almost this entire tier. With so much suffering from bad streak when I had below about 530 ilvl, and "fun" when pulling top dps now at 545 ilvl, seriously fuck RNG....

  13. #113
    If they buff it hard enough and make it so we can stack mastery, capping haste/crit won't be a problem anymore. I'd love frost to be a FotM spec tbh.

  14. #114
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,340
    Looks cool. Wish balance would get a new mastery.

  15. #115
    Bloodsail Admiral Saegno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Ks
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Let me spell it out for you then

    I love Frost. Frost is probably my favorite spec since MoP went live. The Mastery change makes me want to do it more, but as of now, Frost is still not competitive with this build. We'll need to wait for more builds to see.

    Even if Fire gets nerfed, Frost still won't be competitive. If Fire gets overnerfed (another 5.1 Hotfix fiasco), EVERYONE will be going Arcane.

    Now if Frost becomes good again, I'll definitely be swapping. Fuck RNG, but fuck standing in runes.




    PS: I also do love Fire, but I can't stand the RNG of it; I just like Fire more.

    PPS: In its current state, I LOATHE Arcane with a passion, as well as Rune of Fuck-You-Mobility.
    Ok so we are pretty much on the same page then.

    As much as I enjoy fire it's just too much RNG. The BS of going from a 200k ignite into combustion on one pull to a 48k on the next is getting to be too much.
    Arcane would be great if it had an option outside of RoP.

    Hoping they toss in a few other changes and make frost at least on par with arcane. If that's the case, even if it is behind fire I will change over.
    I'm not in a cutting edge guild so me being behind a few % isn't going to make or break any of our heroic kills.

    Edit- Hell, even if it's not I'll still likely go frost anyways. Fire for most this Xpac is getting tiresome. Time for a change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

  16. #116
    sounds like a pretty cool mastery, it was always a gripe of mine that some classes had cool and interesting masteries and then some had 'increases dot damage'... bring on more interesting masteries! =D

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    sounds like a pretty cool mastery, it was always a gripe of mine that some classes had cool and interesting masteries and then some had 'increases dot damage'... bring on more interesting masteries! =D
    To be fair increases damage by X% is basically exactly what this is outside of setting up small window bursts it sounds much cooler than that though ;p

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Definitely. I really really am hoping they touch arcane somehow, literally hasn't been touched at all lol. If frost isn't viable, then I want arcane viable. But if I had to choose one it'd be frost. Frost has a lot of movement. I'm so used to rune of power, going frost would be like...holy crap I can move and cast again LOL. Or fire..But I want frost more b/c of this mastery.
    Arcane's main issue is RoP and it looks like the promised level 90 talents in 5.4 or next expac is going to be the latter, so can't see it being fixed. When you get to stand in one spot the whole fight you can do some good numbers.


    I like the feel of the Frost mastery and it should look cool, just a bit worried it will be too weak, and that we still have the Frostbolt debuff issue which really doesn't need to be there given the mastery change.

  19. #119
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    You really need to stop being so pessimistic about frost polar. Its getting really annoying.

    I'm pretty sure a lot of mages would go frost over arcane even if arcane is ahead on dps since it has such mobility issues.

    Frost is still really good when there's extra targets to freeze or use frozen orb on.
    I'm not being pessimistic, I'm stating a FACT that Frost is currently not competitive in 5.3, nor is it in the newest build (with the new Mastery change). It's not enough of a boost (if even a boost without further tweaking). To stay competitive AS OF NOW (not saying nothing will change over the next few builds, I'm saying if 5.4 hit tomorrow with the newest build), you have to go Fire. Arcane won't stay competitive due to the mobility issues it suffers (though on standstill fights... it will wreck).

    I'm not saying Frost will never be competitive (as a pessimistic person would say), nor do I want that to happen, because I ACTUALLY LOVE FROST; IT'S MY FAVORITE SPEC.

    Possibly, but why bother with either spec when you can just go Fire and wreck, as well as have as much mobility as you want? (And I'm talking as a player, talking about other players, who all want to stay competitive and not hold back their DPS)

    With regards to what I just said, if Frost is behind by (at most) 5k over the top spec, I will GLADLY give up that 5k to play it. If it's more significant (read: 20k+), not only will my guild tell me to (read: force), but I, as a player who wants to not be carried, will go the top spec. Again though, if the difference is very small, I'll be willing to give up a few thousand to play what I enjoy most.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Edit- Hell, even if it's not I'll still likely go frost anyways. Fire for most this Xpac is getting tiresome. Time for a change.
    5.0 ==> Fire ==> Frost ==> Fire ==> 5.1 (Hotfix) ==> Frost ==> Arcane

    (Arcane from above) ==> Fire ==> 5.2 ==> Still Fire ==> Frost ==> 5.3 ==> Still Frost ==> Fire ==> Today (Still Fire)

    That's roughly my spec changes through MoP. I feel like I'm missing a few changes between 5.0 and 5.1 though.

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  20. #120
    Damn icicles! I hoped they make it the form of snowflakes :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •