Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Someone at Blizzard definitely didn't do their math right.
    Depends. It could just be that they took the RPPM nerfs and decided to readjust everyone where they want them to be, instead of letting us be 250k or so in T15 gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Depends. It could just be that they took the RPPM nerfs and decided to readjust everyone where they want them to be, instead of letting us be 250k or so in T15 gear.
    It's a way to say they reduce every one DPS to be more in-line with what they expect it to be.

Deleted
    If this is the inted Kuni, other classes would need an additional nerf (no I don´t demand nerfs here to other classes/specs) if they want them to have at live levels (compared to each other)?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, they could just be adjusting everyone downward, because RPPM honestly did some weird things to overall DPS. I doubt they intended the DPS gain from the bad luck protection as well.

Is there any spec that's absurdly over us for single target aside from arc? Haven't really been paying too much attention to the other classes actual DPS values.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Again, they could just be adjusting everyone downward, because RPPM honestly did some weird things to overall DPS. I doubt they intended the DPS gain from the bad luck protection as well.
    I mean, you did see those buffs to Warlocks and Boomkins, right?

Just my two cents.

Frost wasn't blowing up meters in T15 and it suffers from two capping stats (which will be even more of a problem in T16). The Mastery change is still a 2% increase per point to FFB, Wellybolt, and now Frostbolt instead of IL (which is a slight buff as Frostbolt does a nice chunk more than IL, but it's still not enough to change our stat weights).

Overall, it's just been a nerf from Live, and that's excluding the RPPM (however, it's been a very nice QoL boost from live as Target switching is no longer an issue with Frost. The only thing that needs "switching" is your Bomb spell!)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-08-20 at 01:00 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Looks like I'll be the only frost mage in the world next tier.
    Have no fear, Crane. I shall fight the army of Garrosh with my icy spells.

Deleted
    Don't fear. You'll not alone. We will keep resisting ;-)

Deleted
    Okay first impression with Ilvl 520 on Immerseus: Frost is weaker! WL and Hunter looks strong on this fight and Fire burst is still decent, even with nerf
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-08-20 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have hopes that we'll see more number adjustments. I'll sacrifice something if I have to.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I have hopes that we'll see more number adjustments. I'll sacrifice something if I have to.
    What? Old blizzard gamecards on the top of a snowy mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Okay first impression with Ilvl 520 on Immerseus: Frost is weaker! WL and Hunter looks strong on this fight and Fire burst is still decent, even with nerf
    You mean frost is weaker than live or than previous build?

Deleted
    Weaker than previous build. Next boss should scale to 540

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried BGs with Icicles. I Like to think that i'm an average pvp player. Not the best and not the worst.
    I can't use frostbomb anymore. Little damage, non instant, frost school.
    So I used NT and a hast build.

I tried to fish FFB with NT, and when nobody noticed me, spam frosbolt to build icicles ( 1 or 2), then run .... Never icelance, unless I had 5 icicles and 1 target I Wanted to finish.

In doting phase I was like an underdog Warlock
    In hardcasting phase I was like an underdog arcane mage
    In "burst phase" I was like an underdog 5.3 frost mage. Talking about " burst phase" if a target had more than 60% life, forget it.

My survability was so low, that I played in glyphed fire armor. Otherwise, i died in 5 sec against any class.
    With glyphed fire armor, I could resist enough to run and come back later ( New temporal shied helped too).

So maybe an elite pvper will do better, but I'm expected that Frost mage in pvp will be in decline.

Overall Icicles was around 10% of my dps ( I know overall dps means nothing in PVP)
    I was able to do some damage thanks to NT, and FFB procs. Forget Frosbolt if somebody noticed you.

Blizzard wanted to close the gap between damage on Frozen targets and non frozen target, because on frozen targets it was to high and on non frozen to low.
    Naively, we thought that they would lower on frozen and increase on non frozen. But in fact by only lowering damage on frozen target, the goal is achieved.

So now we do low damage on frozen and non frozen target. If you let someone else free cast on you, you are dead. If someone lets you cast freely on him; then maybe you have the tools to make it sweat.
    Last edited by Sombrelune; 2013-08-23 at 09:53 AM.

I haven't read the 28 pages here or had a chance to test the PTR myself yet, but can anyone say something about how frost fares in PvP after the 72% resil change? Last I saw they buffed resil to 72% and nerfed both frostbolt- and ice lance damage.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

I'm going frost. The rest of my guild basically told me to go back (from fire) last night; they know I love it. And, for what we're doing, it's fine. It's much more about not standing in bad that an extra 5% DPS for us.

Akraen, have you done some PTR to Live comparisons on DPS?

If so what is your feeling about the difference?