Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Xal'atoh/Gorehowl

Super simple question here: Is Xal'atoh a corrupted Gorehowl or is it some facsimile that is just made up of pure old godiness?

The Lightbringer MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    It looks like a corrupted Gorehowl to me.
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." - Seramore

Warlock - Warrior - Hunter - Paladin - Shaman
    My Gaming Setup

its lame ={ why did blizz have to ruin a beautiful thing

Pretty sure its the corrupted version of the Gorehowl.

Pandaren Monk SourceOfInfection's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    Original Gorehowl will still be there in Karazhan.
    I've seen what's over the mountain, and you don't have anything to be dancing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Well fuck if you all want some sources here's some websites. I haven't read them so fuck you if you blame me for bad info.

You can actually see Gorehowl lodged in the ground in Norushen's room during the SoO raid. Or at least it was there as part of the environment during testing. I think this new axe is just made in the image of Gorehowl.

Gorehowl, Corrupted

Infused with old god power
    | Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3 | Asus Direct-Cu HD-6870 |

| Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-@1600 |

| 120GB SSD OCZ Vertex Max IOPS | 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black |

| Water Cooling- Coolit ECO Alc | Corsair HX 750W | Corsair Graphite 600t Black |

It's Gorehowl, blessed/imbued by the Old God, Y'Shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashym View Post
    You can actually see Gorehowl lodged in the ground in Norushen's room during the SoO raid. Or at least it was there as part of the environment during testing. I think this new axe is just made in the image of Gorehowl.
    That would be interesting to see, can you find a pic or a link of that or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    That would be interesting to see, can you find a pic or a link of that or something?
    It doesn't have screenshots for it yet, but it has been confirmed through one or 2 sound files (e.g Jaina's).

I'm getting insanely curious about why he left if there, seriously!

It's a copy of gorehowl made from old god stuff to fit in Garrosh's hands because that is the weapon he is use to.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

for those that haven't seen it yet.

I would say this is definitely some kind of corrupt/old god infused version of gorehowl, to be technical, i would say it's a desecrated image of gorehowl.

Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl is the name of the item.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashym View Post
    Indeed, I remember it from testing the Sha of Pride.

So, it actually might be something completely different.

We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl

the name does suggest that it's a copy made of evil sha energy rather than the original infused with evil sha energy
    I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me

WoW comics & jokes, Dragon Age parody and other weirdness

It is not an infused Gorehowl, but rather a copy of it. Two pieces of evidence suggests this;

1) Jaina and Lor'thermar's sound files indicate that Garrosh discarded Gorewhowl in his old throne room (or somewhere in Orgrimmar, at least),
    2) It's named the Desecrated "Image", which would suggest that it was made to look or represent Gorehowl.

Though if that's the case, then I do wonder what will happen to the original Gorehowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Though if that's the case, then I do wonder what will happen to the original Gorehowl.
    I'm still holding out hope that SOMEHOW Prince Malchezaar has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that SOMEHOW Prince Malchezaar has something to do with it.
    Well durr he used to use Gorehowl as his backscratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    Well that didn't take long for a QQ to pop in when the OP asked just a question....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl

the name does suggest that it's a copy made of evil sha energy rather than the original infused with evil sha energy
    Yeah I kinda figured, but its better to just check with how wonky lore can get sometimes lol.

You never know when Blizz might just be like "its totes Gorehowl with corruption all over it, but it was still Gorehowl at its heart so that's why it's called Image" or some such nonsense.